Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 41244 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #240
Ironically I think dale Thomas got him in a half decent tackle on Thursday.   Forced an errant disposal from dusty on the wing. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #241
Ironically I think dale Thomas got him in a half decent tackle on Thursday.   Forced an errant disposal from dusty on the wing.

Just lucky I suppose! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #242
@DJC "Samo would smash him into the ground if he got the opportunity"

As Samo smashed Caddy >:D
Unfortunately he got done for slinging if I recall correctly.
One thing's for sure, Samo showed no fear of Dusty. I think we've got Gibbs to thank for that.... remember when Gibbs backed away from the thundering Dusty, encouraging young Samo to "go get him son"

Samo has an unorthodox box of tricks himself. Just a matter of time before he smashes him IMO  ;D

And can't wait...reckon Dusty is more hype than reality....

To say "Martin has just had one of the best seasons ever by any AFL/VFL player" (Paul P) is simply emotive BS....

Dangerfield is an infinitely better player.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=10&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=2310&pid2=3316&fid1=P&fopt1=2017&fid2=P&fopt2=2017

And Cripps re Dusty. Sure a comparison that can't be made but let's remember Dusty has had four more years in the system.

Yet in 2016, Dusty barely pips Cripps (on stats). Cripps was 20 odd.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=4&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=3930&pid2=3316&fid1=P&fopt1=2016&fid2=P&fopt2=2016

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #243
And can't wait...reckon Dusty is more hype than reality....

To say "Martin has just had one of the best seasons ever by any AFL/VFL player" (Paul P) is simply emotive BS....

Dangerfield is an infinitely better player.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=10&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=2310&pid2=3316&fid1=P&fopt1=2017&fid2=P&fopt2=2017

And Cripps re Dusty. Sure a comparison that can't be made but let's remember Dusty has had four more years in the system.

Yet in 2016, Dusty barely pips Cripps (on stats). Cripps was 20 odd.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=4&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=3930&pid2=3316&fid1=P&fopt1=2016&fid2=P&fopt2=2016

Dusty's 2017 in a nutshell, but hey, what do I know ?

- AFL Players Association MVP (Leigh Matthews trophy)

- The AFL Coaches Association champion player of the year award

- All Australian selection (his second)

- Brownlow medal

- Premiership medal

- Norm Smith medal

- Gary Ayres Medal

Reply #244
And also the Jack Dyer medal, which I forgot to mention.

Reply #245
Houli was a far more influential player in the GF - and the deserved Norm Smith winner - but the afl wanted some more Dusty hype...  so voila!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #246
Dusty gets marked down because of the tatts, bad boy dad, and company he keeps but he is a hell of a footballer and has burnt us for about 4 years in a row now......
Dangerfield is a much more likeable, cleanskin, thrilling player to watch but Martin is just as effective if you look at the results and not just the packaging he comes in...

Reply #247
Just lucky I suppose! ::)

You know the old saying LP.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day!!!

;D

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #248
Dusty's 2017 in a nutshell, but hey, what do I know ?

- AFL Players Association MVP (Leigh Matthews trophy)

- The AFL Coaches Association champion player of the year award

- All Australian selection (his second)

- Brownlow medal

- Premiership medal

- Norm Smith medal

- Gary Ayres Medal

Can I have some of that hype? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #250
You'll have to talk to our good friend flyboy.

So Flyboy is my hype dealer.

Pssssst, Flyboy, got any to spare? ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #251
Dusty gets marked down because of the tatts, bad boy dad, and company he keeps but he is a hell of a footballer and has burnt us for about 4 years in a row now......
Dangerfield is a much more likeable, cleanskin, thrilling player to watch but Martin is just as effective if you look at the results and not just the packaging he comes in...

Completely disagree, I hate Dangerfield. Flog of the highest order.
Dusty I can cop.

Reply #252
Dusty I can cop.

Judd described Dusty as a Zen Master, he mentioned that some on the inside of football rate him even higher than the very best of Ablett Jnr.

IMHO, Dangerfield is nowhere near the ball user that Martin is, Dangerfield's modus operandi is all too often to win contested possession, which he does almost to perfection, but then boot the ball 60m to a contest.

Dusty wins the contested footy, then hits the team-mate on the chest Sam Mitchell style, without leaving the hot zone!

In some respects Judd himself was a sort of middle ground between those two extremes. Closer to Martin in ball use, and easily as explosive as Dangerfield.

As much as I'd love to bag out "Chopsticks", he's a mighty mighty footballer!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #253
Dusty I can cop.

I think the majority of the public would pick Dangerfield as the man they would want in their team and a lot of that is to do with his clean, good boy image.....Martins football is comparable and IMO better in terms of what he offers but he would be seen by a lot of people as a DH who Richmond have had to pander too..
Dangerfield went to Geelong for 800k a year, thats humble pickings for a flog......

Reply #254
I think the majority of the public would pick Dangerfield as the man they would want in their team and a lot of that is to do with his clean, good boy image.....Martins football is comparable and IMO better in terms of what he offers but he would be seen by a lot of people as a DH who Richmond have had to pander too..
Dangerfield went to Geelong for 800k a year, thats humble pickings for a flog......

Agree. I'd be happy with either, but Danger tried to do the right thing by both the Crows and Cats. Tried to ensure the Crows were fairly compensated, and busted his gut for them right up till the last second of his last match. And went to the Cats on very reasonable coin, given his status in the game.