Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 31755 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #60
"Young forward Jack Silvagni responded to his demotion with a three-goal performance in the Northern Blues' 31-point practice match loss to Port Melbourne on Saturday at RAMS Arena.

Silvagni also collected 11 disposals.

Meanwhile, key defender Sam Rowe successfully returned from a right knee reconstruction.

Nick Graham racked up 27 disposals and 10 clearances and young tall Harry McKay booted two goals."

Food for thought from the report on the Blues VFL practice game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Got to admire Jack, goes hard at it.

Inspires his team mates ike few others....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #62
"Young forward Jack Silvagni responded to his demotion with a three-goal performance in the Northern Blues' 31-point practice match loss to Port Melbourne on Saturday at RAMS Arena.

Silvagni also collected 11 disposals.

Meanwhile, key defender Sam Rowe successfully returned from a right knee reconstruction.

Nick Graham racked up 27 disposals and 10 clearances and young tall Harry McKay booted two goals."

Food for thought from the report on the Blues VFL practice game.

Pies will have a few out this week but their midfield is still A grade with Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Treloar,   we would want Kruezer back in to help nullify Grundy giving that trio any help...
Nick Graham is a great VFL player but will he ever deliver at senior level?

Reply #63
Got to admire Jack, goes hard at it.

Inspires his team mates ike few others....

I don't know who inspires who in our team, and I'm not sure how anyone outside the club would know either. Maybe they think he's a spoilt brat with an overwhelming sense of entitlement.

At any rate, if I was a player, I'm not sure I'd be too inspired by the Ed Curnows and Jacks of this world. We have, and have had, far too many "honest" players that give 100% but that come up short in too many areas. The minute you find yourself saying "I admire him, but.........." that's when you know the jig is up.

I'd be a lot more inspired by players that can do a little magic that very few can do, that can break the game open with 1 quarter of brilliance.

Reply #64
Silvagni and McKay must play this week, our front six was hopeless on Saturday.
Lamb should go, he tries hard enough but he's not much good when all's said and done.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #65
Still can't believe we dropped Silvagni and took away another of our top five scorers from last season and added zero forwards to our team last week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #66
Still can't believe we dropped Silvagni and took away another of our top five scorers from last season and added zero forwards to our team last week.

Because they aren't allowed to drop Casboult! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
Because they aren't allowed to drop Casboult! ;)

Anybody who scored more than 15 goals in season 2017 should be a walk up start for a team that has trouble scoring!

Paul Hewson

Reply #68

He needed dropping like Weitering does....Jack responded, Weitering needs to do the same...

Reply #69
Anybody who scored more than 15 goals in season 2017 should be a walk up start for a team that has trouble scoring!

I know this stat exists, because Champion Data record it and the media report on it from time to time for various players.

I want to know how many times we went to Casboult for that goal return, and how that compares to any other AFL forward?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
I know this stat exists, because Champion Data record it and the media report on it from time to time for various players.

I want to know how many times we went to Casboult for that goal return, and how that compares to any other AFL forward?

Irrespective,  the stats are going to include times we went to him and probably shouldn't have because he was double teamed and there were free men elsewhere (which is my biggest gripe).

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
Irrespective,  the stats are going to include times we went to him and probably shouldn't have because he was double teamed and there were free men elsewhere (which is my biggest gripe).

That is irrelevant.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
It's not though.

The wrong decisions happen to every player, not every player gets such exclusive focus for so very very little return!

Lets look at the bright side, Casboult must be super fit, because if Jarryd Roughead or Tom Hawkins had so much of the footy coming their way they would be so exhausted from repeat efforts the team would have to carry them off the ground.

Remember that day we tried to get Fev his ton against the Dawks?

Meat just strolls along off the ground with the rest, what a man!

Who would you rather have showing the kids the way?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Most of us are well aware of Casboult's limitations but the bottom line is that as of today he's the best of a bad lot.
He'll be in the side this weekend and will probably be for the rest of the season, and maybe again next year unless at least one of our project players takes the necessary step, as supporters of a poorly performing side we just have to live with it.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.