Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 25761 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
29 Disposals
11 Contested
75.9 Disposal Efficency
9 Marks
8 Tackles
7 Inside 50's

That just doesn't cut it.   Back to the 2's

whose stat's?????
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #31

Probably Murphy's....plenty of the ball etc etc but not much effect on the game, remember Dane Swan having 44 one day and Malthouse not rating his game....it can happen...

Reply #32
That would make sense, Murphy every week fails to inspire

Reply #33
They scored 64 points to 3 in a 40 minute burst. It’s hard to conceive how we could be so poor at putting pressure on around the ball or in defence.

The simple fact is as a football club we are slipping slowly but surely into abject irrelevance. We are spiritless and spineless and the story of our demise is not even interesting in the media anymore. The rest of the competition expects an insipid performance most weeks and that’s what we consistently deliver. And the worst thing for me is I have an 8 year old son who loves his footy and the Blues who has to sit through that crap week after week. It’s heartbreaking to watch a team I loved watching as a kid turned into such a shell of its former self and their is only years more of pain on the horizon.

Reply #34
Going through it myself mate,  kids are giving up on footy, can't understand why I hurt so much over it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
My ten year old son asked me tonight if we could change teams............

Reply #36
We kicked the first 3 and I am pretty sure that they kicked the next 10.
Fact
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
And let's not forget in the corresponding game in 2017 (rd 7):

Collingwood 8.8 (56)
Carlton 12.7 (79)

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38
We wanted to rebuild the long way so take the pain that comes with it. We all wanted the club to go to the draft and invest in kids and not take the quick fix approach. Well that sort of rebuild is slow and painful.

All those saying we need mature bodies, drop the kids and bring in Rowe, Asos, Kerridge etc make me laugh.

Then next week we will hear why are we playing those sorts, their slow, their spuds and not part of our future and why not get games into the kids

Weitering, SPS, Charlie, Cunningham, Fisher, Dow, Kennedy etc I’m very confident will all make it but give them time guys FFS.

We are 2 years and 3 games into this. No where near enough time to be so dramatic about performances like tonight.

Reply #39
They scored 64 points to 3 in a 40 minute burst. It’s hard to conceive how we could be so poor at putting pressure on around the ball or in defence.

The simple fact is as a football club we are slipping slowly but surely into abject irrelevance. We are spiritless and spineless and the story of our demise is not even interesting in the media anymore. The rest of the competition expects an insipid performance most weeks and that’s what we consistently deliver. And the worst thing for me is I have an 8 year old son who loves his footy and the Blues who has to sit through that crap week after week. It’s heartbreaking to watch a team I loved watching as a kid turned into such a shell of its former self and their is only years more of pain on the horizon.

Yes, it's starting to feel like a long, lingering and painful death. I went along last Sat and was tortured and again tonight watching on tv. I'm actually starting to dread our games! Tbh, footy is the only sport I watch now and I'm rapidly losing interest even in that. Seriously thinking of taking an extended break from it - it's bringing me down.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40
Just got a dose of perspective, our gold medalist weightlifter, just told of her 19 year old cousin who died in a car accident last week......

It is after all just a game, filth or not.

Reply #41
We wanted to rebuild the long way so take the pain that comes with it. We all wanted the club to go to the draft and invest in kids and not take the quick fix approach. Well that sort of rebuild is slow and painful.

All those saying we need mature bodies, drop the kids and bring in Rowe, Asos, Kerridge etc make me laugh.

Then next week we will hear why are we playing those sorts, their slow, their spuds and not part of our future and why not get games into the kids

Weitering, SPS, Charlie, Cunningham, Fisher, Dow, Kennedy etc I’m very confident will all make it but give them time guys FFS.

We are 2 years and 3 games into this. No where near enough time to be so dramatic about performances like tonight.

I partially agree, however we can’t tolerate a lack of effort, nor can we sit quietly and watch players like Lamb and Polson getting a game, while Jack Silvagni sits in the VFL

Reply #42

I think that's a reasonable observation Shawny but I think many of us are battle weary after so many wilderness years - hard to be very positive without some kind of encouraging improvements being at least visible sometimes.

Reply #43
I get the play youth thing, but I don't think Polson or Dow for that matter, are ready for AFL. Particularly in the absence of a core of quality players. I'm also unconvinced Kennedy was ready to return. 

At this point Mullet gets a no from me. Lamb gives too little and burns his teammates. I know our injuries are taking a toll leaving limited options.

Garlett played with intensity again. He'll be a player when he's built his tank a bit more. Little Zac was hard at it again. What's with those guerillas slamming his head into the turf. Commentary was nauseating saying how caring Sidebottom was after doing just that  >:(

Casbolt was one of our best. I thought he was going to kick 5 there for a while. I'll settle for 4 though. He was ok in the ruck against a very good ruckman. I got excited when he threw his weight around too. Haven't seen stats but he certainly wrapped his big paws around a few pies. If not technically a tackle, would be enough to spook the ballhandler.

Charlie, Crippa, Simmo, MK, and Murph were solid IMO.  Samo didn't seem to be able to get into the game but persisted. Shame that Marchy was injured - hope it's not serious. Jonesy worked hard but looked lost when the smaller guys were forward.  I thought Weiters did everything to get himself back into it physically but struggled a bit with decision making.

Lots of work to do - not so much to work with.
Hopefully there's some others who can step up and hold their own.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #44
Just got a dose of perspective, our gold medalist weightlifter, just told of her 19 year old cousin who died in a car accident last week......

It is after all just a game, filth or not.

I've got plenty of perspective in my life atm, believe me!