Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 36274 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #120
Lone ruck??
You've been telling everyone for years that casboult is so important to us because he is a 2nd ruckman and cant be judged as just a key forward.  :-[

What's wrong with you at times. Being fwit for the sake of it....again. Make your ego and your little insecurities feel better? Think you know what I mean unless you're as dumb as dog poo.

In other words ruck most of the day.  No-one rucks 100% of the day. The 2nd ruck in that situation does about 20% of the job, not 50. And that 20% is pretty important.

Reply #121
What's wrong with you at times. Being fwit for the sake of it....again. Make your ego and your little insecurities feel better? Think you know what I mean unless you're as dumb as dog poo.

In other words ruck most of the day.  No-one rucks 100% of the day. The 2nd ruck in that situation does about 20% of the job, not 50. And that 20% is pretty important.

Your words seem to contradict yourself. Nothing wrong with seeking clarification is there?

Love it how you get so hot under the collar when you get called on something. Immediately resort to insults. Dumb as dog poo? What are you, second grade??

Reply #122
Brownlow votes head to head. Jacobs 2 - Kreuzer 0.

So after all your debate, it comes down to one game, your ultimate basis of declaring dominance is one game!

Nope.

Your call is just wrong and declaring it wrong doesn't need any explanation because reality is in the stats. For every case you cited there is a clear counterpoint or explanation reveal in hard figures that you cherry-pick select cases from to support your generalised argument.

You have become the Trump of CarltonSC! Throwing sh1t at sh1t and covering it in more crap, until the facts are buried deep in it far from view. You are not even self-consistent in your debate, and you address that fact by declaring others are being inconsistent.

But I'm not distracted by your tactics anymore. I've called you on this bullcrap more than enough, it's clear from all the hard data that Jacobs and Kreuzer are at worst break evens in Carlton and Crows matches but you can't help yourself, it's your way. You made a sweeping general statement and now you'll happily bury the truth to prove yourself "right!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
When 'dog poo' starts to get thrown around...it's probably time to 'step in'. ;D

Have the debate guys ...just don't escalate the personal stuff ;)

Reply #124
So after all your debate, it comes down to one game, your ultimate basis of declaring dominance is one game!

Nope.

Your call is just wrong and declaring it wrong doesn't need any explanation because reality is in the stats. For every case you cited there is a clear counterpoint or explanation reveal in hard figures that you cherry-pick select cases from to support your generalised argument.

You have become the Trump of CarltonSC! Throwing sh1t at sh1t and covering it in more crap, until the facts are buried deep in it far from view. You are not even self-consistent in your debate, and you address that fact by declaring others are being inconsistent.

But I'm not distracted by your tactics anymore. I've called you on this bullcrap more than enough, it's clear from all the hard data that Jacobs and Kreuzer are at worst break evens in Carlton and Crows matches but you can't help yourself, it's your way. You made a sweeping general statement and now you'll happily bury the truth to prove yourself "right!"

1. You have provided no stats.
2. I provided the stats which shows one player more dominant than the other.
3. You disagreed with the stats because 'kreuzer was injured' and thats why he 'lost' that game.
4. Kreuzer is injured now, but somehow previous efforts while injured don't foretell what the outcome might be this time he is injured  :-\
5. I 'cherry picked' stats. That is, i showed you EVERY GAME they played against eachother and highlighted the relevent figures for ruckmen (hitouts, possessions, goals) I can show you the rest of the stats for the game if it makes you feel better, but it won't help your argument any.
6. Your 'stats' showed a clear lack of knowledge on the topic as it cited head to head matches totalling 16, when in reality, they are a mere 4. You based your opinion, and whole argument, on a set of stats that were of no relevence in this instance....and refuse to acknowledge this, instead digging yourself into a deeper hole of ignorance.
7. You tried taking the argument in another direction, repeatedly, to distract from the lack of substance in your argument....no relevent stats quoted.
8. I call you out on diversionary tactics and try and get you to stick to the point.....and you reply with personal attacks, bringing up trump, and accusations of diversionary tactics.
9. You suggest there has been no clear dominance. I provide you with brownlow votes for 1 game (25% of their head to head) which shows clear dominance, which you shrug off.
10. You throw out 2 of their contests (50% of head to head) as being irrelevent because Kreuzer was injured.  Leaving 1 other match in which stats were similar - so call it a draw.
11. By your own 'logic' (for lack of a better word), the outcome is 1 win to jacobs, 1 draw and 2 counts that 'dont count because kreuzer was injured.
12. You then say you've called me on this sort of thing before, like that is an achievement. In reality, 'before' you've used the same backward ar$ed logic and diversionary tactics to completely and utterly miss the point like you have in this case. I don't think that suits your argument, in fact i think it shoots a pretty big whole in it and any future arguments you are likely to make if this is the sort of thing you hang your hat on.

Reply #125
Quoting Lana Kane, Noooooooope!

You're sweeping statement/inference that Jacobs is/has in anyway been dominant against, with or without Kreuzer, in anyway you want to look at it, is just plain wrong! :o

You need to take off your Jacobs coloured glasses, they make the world look ginger! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #126
Quoting Lana Kane, Noooooooope!

You're sweeping statement/inference that Jacobs is/has in anyway been dominant against, with or without Kreuzer, in anyway you want to look at it, is just plain wrong! :o

You need to take off your Jacobs coloured glasses, they make the world look ginger! ;)

Sweeping statements?
or
Clearly defined points, outlined above?

Has been dominant in any way is wrong?......except when he got 2 brownlow votes because that doesn't count.

Now because i'm suggesting a player who doesn't wear navy blue might be better than one who does means i'm obviously biased and wrong. Yet, our club has been firmly sat on the ar$e end of the ladder for a while now, despite all our players being superior than all the others.

You learn something new every day.

Thanks for your insight LP.
 ;D

Reply #127
[flash=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/v/mJXYMDu6dpY[/flash]

Nothing about superiority, and given our relative ladder positions a close statistical result or draw is as good as a win!

There is no domination from either player, you are unable to accept that, you appear to be clinging onto an imaginary explanation for past results!

Jacobs Glasses seems the most likely explanation.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #128

Without naming names, I get the feeling that if some of the forum posters were put in charge of a council road crew, the first thing they would do is sack the person digging for failing to do everything! :o

Usually only the contractor digs the others discuss anything else.

Reply #129
Regardless of whether Kreuzer is better than Jacobs or vice versa I'll be hoping like crazy that he plays this weekend because Sauce will be much too good for Phillips.
Not only in the ruck either, Kreuzer does much more in general play, and I'm getting sick of being spanked.
But it's been that sort of year and Jacobs will probably be BOG and remind us yet again that we rated him below Warnock and Hampson.  >:(
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #130
Regardless of whether Kreuzer is better than Jacobs or vice versa I'll be hoping like crazy that he plays this weekend because Sauce will be much too good for Phillips.
Not only in the ruck either, Kreuzer does much more in general play, and I'm getting sick of being spanked.
But it's been that sort of year and Jacobs will probably be BOG and remind us yet again that we rated him below Warnock and Hampson.  >:(

See for me irrespective of this weekend we should ruck Phillips and Casboult and leave Kreuzer to recover.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #131
See for me irrespective of this weekend we should ruck Phillips and Casboult and leave Kreuzer to recover.

We need to put the best possible team on the park.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #132
We need to put the best possible team on the park.

Yes we do.  However, it seems that that the MC may be determined to get games into our young blokes, regardless of how that reduces our competitiveness. 

I'm quite comfortable with that approach but I think that we have to win a few games to keep the supporters on board ... as well as teaching the young blokes that hard work and sustained effort creates rewards.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #133
Yes we do.  However, it seems that that the MC may be determined to get games into our young blokes, regardless of how that reduces our competitiveness. 

I'm quite comfortable with that approach but I think that we have to win a few games to keep the supporters on board ... as well as teaching the young blokes that hard work and sustained effort creates rewards.

Precisely!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #134
I think we can all agree that if Kreuzer had an injury free career he probably would be the best ruckman in the business but he hasn't. In round one he was looking great till he got injured again. As soon as he went off the Tigers had their way with us.

Ask any non Carlton fan who the best ruckman in the AFL is and he won't even get a mention.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!