Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Frankston (Read 18522 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Frankston

Reply #75
Jesse Palmer's been impressive
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #76
We need a goal to get 100!

Reply #77
Jack 18 possessions 9 tackles
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
Siren. A win is a win.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Q4 6.6 to 0
Great finish NB
Henry Ford.

Reply #81
Triple figure tackles!

Reply #82
Gosh it’s been a long time since a win - this has made me
Very happy!!!

Reply #83
Triple figure tackles!

That was good, they chased and harassed all day.
I hope that the senior players were watching.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #84
That was good, they chased and harassed all day.
I hope that the senior players were watching.

Yes, a miracle win to make it three from three would be great.

Reply #85
Here's the question....whatever the result is tonight do we rush these guys (Silvagni, Weitering)straight back into the seniors or do we leave them here for a couple of weeks?

In one of the earlier VFL reviews they spoke of playing Jack more as a mid at this level in order to ''add a few strings to his bow"
Would that learning experience be as productive at senior level at this stage?

In-game comments suggested that Weitering was controlling and directing at this level. Showing some leadership. That's a trait worth developing to give him added confidence before a senior return.

I'm not sure which is the best way to go given the state of our senior side's season.

Reply #86
Kerr is the most impressive player in that team and should be playing seniors, about the only player on the list who shows physical intent, crashes packs and has skills to go with it...Jack is a battler but Kerr is a player who can win games and intimidate. Those left foot goals show how talented he is, not sure how many of our right footed players can kick on their left like he can...

Weitering was excellent and a class above the Frankston bananas they had playing forward........

Lang was ok for his first hit out and I was impressed with Lobbe and De Koning....

Sam Fisher from the Swans was handy as was Shaw from GC.....

Reply #87
Here's the question....whatever the result is tonight do we rush these guys (Silvagni, Weitering)straight back into the seniors or do we leave them here for a couple of weeks?

In one of the earlier VFL reviews they spoke of playing Jack more as a mid at this level in order to ''add a few strings to his bow"
Would that learning experience be as productive at senior level at this stage?

In-game comments suggested that Weitering was controlling and directing at this level. Showing some leadership. That's a trait worth developing to give him added confidence before a senior return.

I'm not sure which is the best way to go given the state of our senior side's season.

Weitering was so much above that level it was ridiculous. He needs to come back in but someone needs to be dropped as we are way too tall.

SOS looks very suited inside the crushes of the midfield stoppages. Looks a different player. Fraser uses  him in the midfield happily, why doesn't Bolton give him a run there sometimes rather than rotting in our impotent forward line. As it does with Casboult giving him a run on the ball it will help SOS's game alot with a run there.

Reply #88
Weitering was so much above that level it was ridiculous. He needs to come back in but someone needs to be dropped as we are way too tall.

We'll probably be getting Marchbank back as well.

Reply #89
I'd put Kerr in the seniors before Jack.....Jack worked hard but his kicking is sloppy and he lacks some polish and finish to his game.
He also needs to stand his ground more when other players are giving it to him, he wont be quick ever but I think a stronger Jack will make him a better player who can play a few positions and versatility will be his key to staying in the seniors...