Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 17: Post Game whatever : Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 51212 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 17: Post Game whatever : Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #105

Do everything to get a good head of recruiting
SOS ain’t the answer

SOS isn't the head of recruiting.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #107
We have enough decent, established players going around with them to be better than one win. You know it, we all know it.

What decent, established players did we have going around at Docklands today?
Murphy,, Simpson, and?
Cripps maybe, Jones was off before half time.
So three?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #108
So how say does he have
Clearly it’s on his watch

He's head of performance and strategy or some bullcrap title like that, he isn't even the list manager.
There are four or five in recruiting but I don't remember their names, it will be on the website.

Reply #109
He's head of performance and strategy or some bullcrap title like that, he isn't even the list manager.
There are four or five in recruiting but I don't remember their names, it will be on the website.
B4L, SOS's title is GM - List Management and Strategy. John Barker is Head of Strategy and High Performance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
B4L, SOS's title is GM - List Management and Strategy. John Barker is Head of Strategy and High Performance.

OK, I knew it was something like that.
Bottom line though is that decisions on which players we draft aren't down to SOS, at least not SOS alone.

Reply #111
OK, I knew it was something like that.
Bottom line though is that decisions on which players we draft aren't down to SOS, at least not SOS alone.
Mate I reckon its 100% down to SOS, he said as much on FC the other night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #113
Well Barker isn't earning his coin from what I've seen this year..... What strategy and what performances?

Goodbye John, here's your cheque.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #114
We're just guessing now.
Maybe it's all down to him but it probably isn't is the way I'm leaning, just like Bolton doesn't run the team like a one man band.
Buckle down and hang tight I reckon, the alternative is more of the chaos and misery we've suffered for almost 20 years.

Reply #115
What crap! Laughable.

Not one of SOS's u18 draftees has been a bust. That's a good group of young players. On the other hand we are near winless and you want to keep the coach and say SOS isn't the answer? Lol!

No good getting someone to help Bolts if he can't do the job. Only have to watch what is happening on field. Best to get someone else. We are terrible at selecting coaches. Young ones who never played AFL or dinosaurs. We got one right since 2000.and sacked him on 2012.

Jury out on SOS IMO.....He has picked some very small kids who are a long way behind some of the others, Worpel looked more advanced than some our ours already but I take your point about the coaching and that they may do better under a different coach,  different game plan with proper mature player support.
 If we need a tactician we probably need a new coach, tactics we use are mind boggling....their best player left to run around on his own and us stuck in a game plan that fails every week defending grass.....

Reply #116
Jury out on SOS IMO.....He has picked some very small kids who are a long way behind some of the others, Worpel looked more advanced than some our ours already but I take your point about the coaching and that they may do better under a different coach,  different game plan with proper mature player support.
 If we need a tactician we probably need a new coach, tactics we use are mind boggling....their best player left to run around on his own and us stuck in a game plan that fails every week defending grass.....

What kills us every week is that the opposition moves the ball so much better than we do.
They hit targets more regularly by hand and foot and run to space instinctively because they're confident their team mates won't cough it up.
We look timid because we don't have the skills which allow us to take risks, so we play safe, and get exposed.
McKay spotted up Marchbank with a lovely ball, Marchbank took the set shot and kicked it out of bounds.
It destroys confidence, and it's contagious.

Reply #117
Yes, in the pre game. You're hired.

What's going to happen in the next few weeks, and when will we be playing finals ?

Next few weeks we won't win a game. We may play finals in 2020.

Reply #118
I don't think they can get rid of Bolton unless they all hand in their tickets.
They're joined at the hip...although when you look at it.... there aren't many architects of the rebuild left.
Whose idea was it anyway ::)

I was never a fan of it (the rebuild) because it is a lie, but i got abused for two years on here for suggesting we are going nowhere under this coach and board etc.  Now interestingly, my critics have disappeared under the woodwork.  We are a putrid club with a putrid coach and putrid administration.  We are an embarrassment and will continue to be until change occurs. 

Reply #119
Next few weeks we won't win a game. We may play finals in 2020.

If they don't get rid of the coach and key admin people, we won't be playing finals until 2025