Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 21 Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Freo in Perth (Read 16010 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 21 Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Freo in Perth

Reply #30
Okay so Freo might not be the best team going around, but I thought we did pretty well.

Sure the 3Q was a disappointment but it was nice to see improvements in some of the kids.

You've got to remember - nothing to play for (yes, i know, play for yourself, self respect etc etc - it's been a long season tho). No Fish, K, Plow, Weiters, Kennedy, Doch etc etc. 

Murph seems very off his game - still injured I reckon.

Playing over there too, umps will always give homeside advantage over there - if the Ump said move it on, that's not PLAY ON and was a bullcrap call.  There were 3 bullcrap calls that resulted in them getting a goal/us not getting a goal.  How was H's mark not called in the 4th?  All 50/50's went to them, you can only beat that when you're obviously starring, and we just don't have the men at the moment.

Yes, some extremely annoying passages - Murph turn over, Graham again kicking around his body when he had plenty of time - feel for this guy, he has so many skills but then it's let down quickly with crap disposal.

Thought the boys played alright and the younger ones are getting there - you can't expect Dow to be able to not go missing yet, he's a kid, first season - yes others are doing better in first season, but I bet those teams are much higher up the ladder!

Reply #31
The problem is at this time of the year it's really hard to get a handle on the value of performances.

They had a couple of significant outs.
They pretty much will finish on the ladder where they are now, so there is really nothing for them to play for either, so for both sides it was a case of going through the motions.

For us it's a time to get those players with niggles fixed up and ready for the pre-season, maybe expose a few more youngsters to senior football and play those who are on the chopping block one or two more times before we say goodbye.

Reply #32
Don't worry, SOS, pick 1 is just about assured. Okay SOS what were you doing to the players in the rooms at half time? Cue Rocky (the Bugs Bunny runt gangster), "I don't know how yews done it but I's know yews done it!!!" I wonder if SOS's middle name is, Sherman?  ;D

Funny how when we play sides we should beat we have a quarter or half of diabolical footy to ensure a loss but for the remainder of the game we actually look pretty good.

BB filthy on the 3rd qtr capitulation  :)) :)) :)) ;D

On a serious note... (F flat?) ...really good/promising stuff from SPS, H, Charlie, Dowow & Casey.

Sterling efforts also from Cripps, Simmo, Daisy, Lobbe and Rowe.

Lamb is holding is own down back.

Kerridge should be banned from kicking. Murphy was pretty good at giving it back to the opposition as well. Why exactly did we get Lang and Pickett again?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Kerridge should be banned from kicking. Murphy was pretty good at giving it back to the opposition as well. Why exactly did we get Lang and Pickett again?

Pickett was flying before his injury, he has youth on his side.

Kerridge is hard at inside, and should stay there.

Murphy was OK, I suppose it's easy to focus on a couple of negatives and pay out on the experienced players. Simmo was off colour as well, yet stats say he went at 90% DE, weird isn't it!

Lang is a real worry!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Quote from: LP link=topic=4151.msg246837#msg246837 date=1534115543 Lang is a real worry! [/quote
/>
Yes he is.

I hope his ‘efforts’ Are due to injury - I saw him twice go half arsed at the contest. If that’s his best, he can bugger off!

Reply #35
Kerridge is one I would  delist , 29 possies that were useless and Murphy was similar with his output, our entire midfield struggled to hit targets and our young forwards deserve better.
We cannot continue with players like Kerridge, Graham etc....
Pickett has talent and skills most of our others don't have but continues to be a 10-12 possession player only.....one more year for him to improve then bye bye....

Reply #36
Kerridge is one I would  delist , 29 possies that were useless and Murphy was similar with his output, our entire midfield struggled to hit targets and our young forwards deserve better.
We cannot continue with players like Kerridge, Graham etc....
Pickett has talent and skills most of our others don't have but continues to be a 10-12 possession player only.....one more year for him to improve then bye bye....

Pickett needs a full pre-season to build some sort of fitness base, once he has this we should begin to see what he can bring as he gets to more and more contests. Will probably never be a 25+ possession player but 15+ creative ones will do us nicely.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #37
Our pressing problems going forward is one more classy mid, which should be addressed by Walsh in this year's draft, and small forwards.
Wright is the best we've got and he's competent without being anything special, but Garlett, Pickett and Polson have repeatedly shown that they simply can't get their hands on the ball at senior level.
Ballantyne isn't elite by any means but he showed us how the small forward game should be played, that's the type of player we desperately need.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #38
I won't judge Pickett until next year when he has s full pre-season and full year. Never judge a half fit player. Showed plenty when he got his chance last year and it is what we expect to see when he is fit and going.

Reply #39
Don't worry, SOS, pick 1 is just about assured. Okay SOS what were you doing to the players in the rooms at half time? Cue Rocky (the Bugs Bunny runt gangster), "I don't know how yews done it but I's know yews done it!!!" I wonder if SOS's middle name is, Sherman?  ;D

Funny how when we play sides we should beat we have a quarter or half of diabolical footy to ensure a loss but for the remainder of the game we actually look pretty good.

BB filthy on the 3rd qtr capitulation  :)) :)) :)) ;D

On a serious note... (F flat?) ...really good/promising stuff from SPS, H, Charlie, Dowow & Casey.

Sterling efforts also from Cripps, Simmo, Daisy, Lobbe and Rowe.

Lamb is holding is own down back.

I know how he did it.  kerridge and Graham went in to start doing the heavy lifting in the third and Dow was nowhere to be seen (his first half was terrific).  

We were up by about six points early in the third term and Graham missed the easiest running goal I've ever seen from 35 metres out with plenty of time on his side and after that freo scored quickly twice to get themselves in front and that's all she wrote.

Everything kerridge and Graham touched in that third quarter turned to pooh resulting in repeat scoring for freo.

That moment single handedly saw the collective heads drop which to me is a massive issue a.d needs addressing.  When the chips are down go harder not softer!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
Pickett.

I've never seen a bloke have a thumb injury return to the field in such poor running condition.

For a bloke who's got jets we haven't seen them once this season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
Our pressing problems going forward is one more classy mid, which should be addressed by Walsh in this year's draft, and small forwards.
Wright is the best we've got and he's competent without being anything special, but Garlett, Pickett and Polson have repeatedly shown that they simply can't get their hands on the ball at senior level.
Ballantyne isn't elite by any means but he showed us how the small forward game should be played, that's the type of player we desperately need.

We need 3 more mids.
We simply don't share the load. Cripps does all the heavy lifting, while the likes of Murphy skirt the packs and don't impact games.
The kids have an excuse, the skipper and probably our highest paid player needs to do more or move on.
Since Kruezer has been injured, opposition teams are just focusing on Cripps and we are paying the price.

Our Back line and forward line have some structure.
Yeah we need a classy small/mid forward or two, but they are easier to find than quality mids.

Reply #42
If Pickett rocks up day one of PS in crap condition is desist him.  If he won't get fit he won't make it and let's not waste our time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
I won't judge Pickett until next year when he has s full pre-season and full year. Never judge a half fit player. Showed plenty when he got his chance last year and it is what we expect to see when he is fit and going.

He had a full pre season this year, he injured his hand which shouldn't have affected his aerobic fitness at all and he's now been back playing for six or seven weeks.
I hope he steps up next season but the signs aren't promising in my opinion.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #44
We need 3 more mids.
We simply don't share the load. Cripps does all the heavy lifting, while the likes of Murphy skirt the packs and don't impact games.
The kids have an excuse, the skipper and probably our highest paid player needs to do more or move on.
Since Kruezer has been injured, opposition teams are just focusing on Cripps and we are paying the price.

Our Back line and forward line have some structure.
Yeah we need a classy small/mid forward or two, but they are easier to find than quality mids.

Murphy had 15 possies at 54% DE, Graham had 18@ 44%........once Dow had no fuel in the tank after half time it was Cripps vs Neale, Lanngon and Mundy and the numbers won out.....

Backline is a worry IMO...Taberner, Cox and McCarty are garbage but we struggled to contain them...Marchbank isnt KP, Jack couldnt handle McCarthy and it was left to Rowe to try and steady the ship. Our maligned forward line actually has a better look to it, Charlie, McKay and Kerr when he plays looks good for the future........