Skip to main content
Topic: GM to dump Holden (Read 3012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: GM to dump Holden

Reply #90
Spoke to an engineer from Nissan a month or so ago and he said they won't be making petrol engines in 2027. Reckons most other car makers are going the same way.

Mate of mine has just bought a hybrid and I was given an opportunity to drivr it. A bit different to my car but soon got used to its quirks. A pretty seamless transition really. Not sure what full electric would be like.

Reply #91
Mate of mine has just bought a hybrid and I was given an opportunity to drivr it. A bit different to my car but soon got used to its quirks. A pretty seamless transition really. Not sure what full electric would be like.

Quiet ????

I would miss the rumble of my turbo diesel V8.

I should add that I have just planted 600 trees ????
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be . . .

Reply #92
Quiet ????

I would miss the rumble of my turbo diesel V8.

I should add that I have just planted 600 trees ????

Wow - Nissan Leaf pfffft! ;)

Reply #94
If I was going EV it would be Tesla, miles ahead tech wise but still not cheap...

EB I would not buy an EV or a hybrid unless there was no other option. A carefully selected used  Lexus still makes a lot of sense to fill my need.

Reply #95
If I was going EV it would be Tesla, miles ahead tech wise but still not cheap...

We get gouged on price here, Tesla's have almost 150% mark-up compared to the UK!

My mate in London bought two Model X 100D for his business and spent not much more than we can buy just one!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96
We get gouged on price here, Tesla's have almost 150% mark-up compared to the UK!

My mate in London bought two Model X 100D for his business and spent not much more than we can buy just one!

Gouged on price?

But we have a free trade agreement and the government says that’s to our advantage  :-\
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be . . .