Skip to main content
Topic: GM to dump Holden (Read 4541 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: GM to dump Holden

Reply #105
Never been a Jeep fan but they do seem quite capable off road as I witnessed on a trip to the Simpson Desert a few years ago. However on a later trip to the Canning Stock Route the sobering sight of a burnt out Wrangler sticks in my mind, a victim of the notorious Spinifex, which is highly flammable.

Early Jeeps were tough and great off road , which has been half of their appeal IMO but the quality started slipping and once they became a multi merged entity they have become dangerous and their service appalling.
I get it that long time Jeep owners love the brand but I think that was based on the old Jeeps especially the Grand Cherokees but the new variety are poorly designed and if I was going anywhere off road it would be in a Toyota Landcruiser only.
The SUV craze was probably spawned from the old Jeeps operating as dual function vehicles but IMO its now a brand especially in Aus that will become extinct as its sales just plummet every year.

Re: GM to dump Holden

Reply #106
Early Jeeps were tough and great off road , which has been half of their appeal IMO but the quality started slipping and once they became a multi merged entity they have become dangerous and their service appalling.
I get it that long time Jeep owners love the brand but I think that was based on the old Jeeps especially the Grand Cherokees but the new variety are poorly designed and if I was going anywhere off road it would be in a Toyota Landcruiser only.
The SUV craze was probably spawned from the old Jeeps operating as dual function vehicles but IMO its now a brand especially in Aus that will become extinct as its sales just plummet every year.
They are the ugliest pieces of junk on the road, wouldn't have one if you paid me to drive to it.
2017 - Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Harder, Smarter. #ruthless
2018 - Could be a long year...
2019 - The Empire Strikes Back
2020 - No more BS, no more excuses, it's time.