Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Attention: 2019 AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 17938 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Attention: 2019 AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #90
Love to be a fly on the wall at half time ..... If there is not fur flying , that alone will have people wondering? Not sure if the coaching panel has it in them

Reply #91
Murph will protect them though :o

The problem is that you surround players like Murphy and our other better players with too many kids, you basically select yourself into a tactical corner.

Keep in mind we are doing this to ourselves!

We've no Cunnington types to bring in, there aren't any on the list!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
Despite the fact that many thought we could cover the injuries....we just haven't.
The backline is a shadow of what it has been.
...and Kreuzer (sadly) is just irreplaceable.
Our best football this year has been when he has been up and about.

The sad truth is we still lack depth..and if a few of our better players are a bit off, like today, this is the result

Reply #94
11 v 60 near half time.

Have we had such a pathetic result before?
Or are we hoping to break another of the most unenviable records in the history of footy?

The club has a lot of work to do to keep 60 000 suffering fans from revolting ????

Yes we have:
https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/13/carl-v-fre

Reply #95
The difference this time Robb is that this group IS talented enough to do something about it. I sat through dreadful performance after dreadful performance during the mid 2000's, including the hideous 124 point wipe out to North under Pagan. I think I have seen some absolute pathetic performances from this club before, but as I said they can turn this around. Think the Fremantle debacle at Etihad a few years back. This is similar but we have more depth and firepower across the park.

I know it is hard, but it is time for some positive thinking.
Yes remember them as well, the early yrs after the draft ban with the no names we could get were ugly, but they show heart at times, I agree seem like a much more talented group, but that's doesnt translate to on field success, as they are showing. Seem like lack of desire , lack of direction, the total package not working, some thing needs to change

Reply #96
It's not their skills, it the lack of 1%ers, they don't look after each other as they are hell bent on fending for themselves.

You can teach a bunch of preppies about the war, but you can't send them to fight it! ;)

It is culture and spirit. We don't yet have it within the group, but it is building. The second half will reveal just how much.

Reply #97
I have tried to buy all the positively this year despite only getting one win than we dish up tripe like this like we have no system and skills that amateurs teams would beat.

As a team we don’t give 100% effort we are not only non competitive we are so so far the worst team in the comp it’s not funny.

Reply #98
The difference this time Robb is that this group IS talented enough to do something about it. I sat through dreadful performance after dreadful performance during the mid 2000's, including the hideous 124 point wipe out to North under Pagan. I think I have seen some absolute pathetic performances from this club before, but as I said they can turn this around. Think the Fremantle debacle at Etihad a few years back. This is similar but we have more depth and firepower across the park.

Edit: last year (I forgot).

I know it is hard, but it is time for some positive thinking.
Fremantle debacle was last year IIRC

Reply #99
Bolton coaches out the year
Fair enough, but then we need a new assistant to work with our midfield. Something has to change, if not Bolton then Barker and Bruce need to go. Now.

Reply #100
Despite the fact that many thought we could cover the injuries....we just haven't.
The backline is a shadow of what it has been.
...and Kreuzer (sadly) is just irreplaceable.
Our best football this year has been when he has been up and about.

The sad truth is we still lack depth..and if a few of our better players are a bit off, like today, this is the result

Correct. Kruezer vs Phillips is the prime example. Phillips is zero effective below his knees. Kreuzer is an extra mid.

Reply #102
To breed a winning culture, you need to at least have experienced it your self, ....who in the coaching group has had that ? At a senior level?

Reply #103
Correct. Kruezer vs Phillips is the prime example. Phillips is zero effective below his knees. Kreuzer is an extra mid.

The Kruezer effect is a real concern. We simply cannot replace him. We need to find an heir apparent and quickly.

Reply #104
It is culture and spirit. We don't yet have it within the group, but it is building. The second half will reveal just how much.
Sorry mate, wont happen. We surrender 5-6 goal leads but cant chase them down. The game was over at qtr time which is the disgraceful part about it. Gutted
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time