Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 28589 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #135
Murphy's stats yesterday were first year player level.  However we dont have a better player knocking on the door to come in and are missing experienced heads who draw an opponent.  I'd rather he get hammered in tackles than Sam Walsh so he's still more useful to us than Liam stocker and lachie o brien.

We are already missing experienced heads.  Taking another one out probably wont help us much.

Kennedy and Setterfield.

Reply #136
What did you want the club to say??

They can't put the queue in the rack.  The selection of stocker was a tell.

If we are debuting players while o'Brien is getting a game we wont win many.

They should have just said the truth, after so many outs it was going to be a tough week.

I knew it, you knew it, we all had slim hope and the truth won't change that. But the reality of the outs was so far from the dream sold to us that many just wanted to believe in a fairytale.

Would the players have been less prepared if the week's pre-game speak was full of adversity rather than expectation? We let the media and Norp install us as favourites and I fear some of the kids actually believed it! Yesterday they played like a team that had got ahead of themselves, and based on what an honourable loss against a senior team on the slide?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
Kennedy and Setterfield.

Out of stocker, o brien, Kennedy, setterfield and Marc Murphy, you would name Murphy first even with yesterdays stats.

Setterfield and Kennedy would have helped yesterday but only as alternatives to players that gave us nothing.

Even paddy dow and sps were crap yesterday.

They should have just said the truth, after so many outs it was going to be a tough week.

I knew it, you knew it, we all had slim hope and the truth won't change that. But the reality of the outs was so far from dream sold many just wanted to believe in a fairy tale.

Would the players have been less prepared if the weeks pre-game speak was full of adversity rather than expectation? We let the media and Norp install us as favourites and I fear some of the kids believed it!

No.  I think you're confusing public perception with reality.  Our team played like they didn't believe they could win yesterday, and they switched off after our first goal conceded.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #138
Out of stocker, o brien, Kennedy, setterfield and Marc Murphy, you would name Murphy first even with yesterdays stats.

Setterfield and Kennedy would have helped yesterday but only as alternatives to players that gave us nothing.

No.  I think you're confusing public perception with reality.  Our team played like they didn't believe they could win yesterday, and they switched off after our first goal conceded.

The more we keep losing the less will be our belief in our ability to win, especially with the present dearth of on field leadership. Lack of solid mature leadership could be the undoing of this rebuild imo. The club has got to fix it asap.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #139

I've offered a consistent message this week, from the day after the last loss and the beginnings of the media pursuit of The Pudding Face Twin, it was clear the tone was set for this game. FFS, Duck even came out and pumped up our tyres, and people took it for granted!

Any half-ar5ed drunken dog and his mates could see this coming, yet because of our list management decisions our MC had no choice because of the way the list is constructed. This is reality, the real price they have to pay for decisions taken long ago!

You could even add to this the club being bullied into changing the defensive game plan to get back in the media's good books, because there was no other reason to do so from a football perspective.

So there should be no point acting shocked about this result, it was always going to happen, and I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often! I think we've just been lucky more AFL hardened opponents haven't been in such desperate circumstances against us!

The more we keep losing the less will be our belief in our ability to win, especially with the present dearth of on field leadership. Lack of solid mature leadership could be the undoing of this rebuild imo. The club has got to fix it asap.

x1000, it's reality isn't it Cookie2, the mental damage can be just as debilitating as a physical injury!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #140

Paddy Dow and SPS are about 75kg's ringing wet.
We got smashed at the contest because Kruezer was out and Cripps was one out.
He was blocked and shepherded out of it.

Dow and SPS are hardly the types to fix that and Murphy is more likely to run the other way looking for an easy kick.

We needed size in the midfield, you need to win contested footy, and Cripps one out, all day every day, is a stupid plan

Reply #141
Paddy Dow and SPS are about 75kg's ringing wet.
We got smashed at the contest because Kruezer was out and Cripps was one out.
He was blocked and shepherded out of it.

Dow and SPS are hardly the types to fix that and Murphy is more likely to run the other way looking for an easy kick.

We needed size in the midfield, you need to win contested footy, and Cripps one out, all day every day, is a stupid plan

Yes but removing Murphy is cutting off our nose to spite our face.

The selection policy has been ordinary this season starting with Alex fasolo in round 1.

Should never have played ahead of polson or Jack silvagni.

Bolton has made a few decisions of similar nature this season. 

All of us stated that o brien shouldn't be playing.  Dow has been just going all season.  Sps has had waivering form, o brien has been a non event.  All 3 are learning.

No point lining up Marc Murphy when we have plenty who aren't even giving us that.

Kennedy didn't deserve a game on his last week form.  He was crap after quarter time in similar fashion to yesterday.  Setterfield got suspended for a tackle so I dont know why he had to come back the long way.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #142
See the Hawks 1st half last week, in particular the 1st q. It happens, even to super coaches and premiership players, let alone our blokes.

But we do it every week, regardless, and wake up too late. It's habitual and ingrained, and it aint about youth... youth is a part of it, but this is culture and it's what they're learning - 'losing is okay, because we've won eight quarters this year, so we're really in the eight'. ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #143
I suspect that in his post match  Weitering was being very honest and forthright.
He'll probably be told not to be so frank in future.

Reply #144
I suspect that in his post match  Weitering was being very honest and forthright.
Out of all the rot it’s so great to see Jacob coming into himself, I feel confident anytime he has the ball and I like his attitude alot.

Reply #145
Out of all the rot it’s so great to see Jacob coming into himself, I feel confident anytime he has the ball and I like his attitude alot.

I don't feel confident when he tries to evade tackles, need's to dish it off with a handball faster.

Kicking is very nice and a very good mark.

Reply #146

Refreshing and on the mark... and I bet you're right re being asked to refrain from such candor.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #147

And possibly not entirely accidental?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #148
Marngrook footy show - most of the panel tipped kangaroos by 60pts :-[
Hope the boys see they have egg on their face. The little bald dh dismissed the Blues as if we were a non existent  (From LoveNavy)

They knew something we didn't know :o
(sorry LP I just read your post on the previous page)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #149
Anyone have a recent update on Jones?

Is he out of hospital? Seemingly, no major damage?
Finals, then 4 in a row!