Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 27026 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #150
I don't feel confident when he tries to evade tackles, need's to dish it off with a handball faster.

He's not an idiot, you don't handball to ruckmen and stationary team-mates which he was surrounded by yesterday, so he has to try and do something.

Kicking is very nice and a very good mark.

He should be our captain, no more mids as the leader, from inside the heat they just cannot see the forest for the trees!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #151
Anyone have a recent update on Jones?

Is he out of hospital? Seemingly, no major damage?
Released from hospital last night, no structural damage to head or neck, so it's just the matter of the concussion and how long that takes to get better

Reply #152
They are phasing Murphy out of the side.   I ask anyone that watched with a little common sense (That excludes you Spanner) how many centre bounce stoppages Murphy attended.    They are putting time into SPS, Dow, Cunningham etc and it will have short term pain.   Our midfield is way too inexperienced and undersized

Reply #153
Which is why both Setterfield and Kennedy should be in the midfield rotations

Reply #154
Undersized,  while Setterfield and Kennedy run around in the twos?

I think it was an application and want issue on Sunday,  nothing to do with size.   Size of the fight in the dog,  not the dog in the fight thing.

We got mugged anyway,  FFS,  they should have been frothing and ready to go,  not half asleep when they rolled out.   What did they expect,  a bruise free encounter with a half arsed practice match side?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #155
Undersized,  while Setterfield and Kennedy run around in the twos?

I think it was an application and want issue on Sunday,  nothing to do with size.   Size of the fight in the dog,  not the dog in the fight thing.

We got mugged anyway,  FFS,  they should have been frothing and ready to go,  not half asleep when they rolled out.   What did they expect,  a bruise free encounter with a half arsed practice match side?

Agree - any team containing the likes of Ziebell and Cunnington should be enough to switch on even the slowest in mental capacity.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #156
Which is why both Setterfield and Kennedy should be in the midfield rotations

If you have too many of them in the team you lose too much outside run, as good as they can be on the inside it's not everything a team needs.

People bag sMurph, but several times at the weekend he was the only one left chasing the Norp SFs into the goal-square, nary a Carlton kid could be seen! Between sMurph, Plowman and Daisy, although they didn't look like catching the Norp SFs, they never gave up like SPS, Dow, O'Brien and Stocker gave up!

I also thought Gibbons tried very hard, but his limitations were sorely exposed.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #157
Half way through the second quarter I asked my mate who defends Murphy to watch  him and don't take your eyes off him.

He literally jogged from 50 to 50 on our wing whether the ball was that side or not and he had no intention or desire to do anything else.

He is weak as piss and needs to retire now. How tough was he when he pushed Zeibell in the back over the boundary? Weak act from a weak player.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #158
How tough was he when he pushed Zeibell in the back over the boundary? Weak act from a weak player.

Ziebell dived, there was so little in it the commentators nominated him for an Oscar!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #159
Ziebell dived, there was so little in it the commentators nominated him for an Oscar!

Yes, by why do it at all?? We had a throw-in inside our 50metre zone. Just p!$$ poor.

Reply #160

People bag sMurph, but several times at the weekend he was the only one left chasing the Norp SFs into the goal-square, nary a Carlton kid could be seen!

He simply does NOT chase.
He jogs along trying to look interested.
He jogs off the contest continuously trying to look like he cares, but not ever getting close enough to impact it.

He gets enough outside ball to look like he is important but actually does SFA.

Reply #161

It was a blatant push in the back for no reason. Free kick very day of the week.

Stupid play from a veteran and it wasn't like he intimidated anyone. Jack wasn't exactly looking over his shoulder worried about where Marc Murphy is.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #162
Yes, by why do it at all?? We had a throw-in inside our 50metre zone. Just p!$$ poor.

Why pay it, the hand in the back and dive happens dozens of times a game and is neither rewarded or penalised?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #163
He simply does NOT chase.
He jogs along trying to look interested.
He jogs off the contest continuously trying to look like he cares, but not ever getting close enough to impact it.

He gets enough outside ball to look like he is important but actually does SFA.

Andy Maher had a crack at Murphy on the radio. "Not what you want to see from a leader" he said.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #164
Andy Maher had a crack at Murphy on the radio. "Not what you want to see from a leader" he said.

You know I won't buy into a debate about Maher. As much as he loves Carlton and we love him for that, he knows exactly that the haters sign his paycheck, and he openly buys into those politics far more willingly than the reticence he shows when it's time to defend the Navy Blue!

At least Pang bites back, Maher well what can I say he's a Benny Hill sidekick!

Sticking Fat means something, and not doing so has a real world effect.

btw., I do not expect Maher to change, he won't he's a nice bloke, but he works in a industry surrounded by Clark Kents!
The Force Awakens!