Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats (Read 15015 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats

Reply #75
Pretty grim in here but scores are low.
Cripps is down,
Essendon aren't playing much better than us....
And it's wet.
A couple of goals needed quickly.

Reply #76
I'm talking football ability, NOTHI(NG else and resent that remark >:(

Didn't mean to upset you, but the other two of the three will still apply I'll fix it up!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
 Ffs Lang misses another easy set shot.
Persistence by Dow and Charlie. 3rd goal. Incredible
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
Is this the worst team ever? Farking dumb dumb dumb

Reply #79
3 goals against a arch rival without 6 of its top 8 players with over a quarter to go.

Rebuild is officially a fail. No not excuses no more being positive for the sake of it.

Even Cripps doesn’t care anymore. Getting carved by a second gamer.

We are Farked. 

Reply #80
It’s been a decade of crap.

Finally we have a half decent list but they are just not taught properly. Coaching problem - all of them should go, not just Bolton.

Reply #81
The media had some rumors in hand last week that never surfaced, allegations that in preparation for our game forecast to be wet at the MCG we trained indoors out of the rain!

Looks like it!

I think it's the wrong direction, but it's hard to see BB surviving this sort of game!

Fwiw, it's hard to see about 20% of our supporter base surviving this sort of game!

Its just a fitness thing. Training in the wet takes it out of you. If you want to be fresh for the weekend, it makes sense.

Of course, you still need to factor in some wet weather football practice at some stage. Turn the sprinklers on if you need to.

Reply #82
My advice, not that they would listen, is Bolton gone Monday.

Barker to coach next week the last round before the bye.

See if Scott wants to coach and if yes, then give him the job to start with the first game after the bye. Let him meet the players next week and spend the two- three weeks getting to know them personally and to introduce them to his game plan.

I’m sure he has watched them enough to know a lot about their abilities.
This gives him the rest of the season to work with them and hopefully improve them so that he and they and the club as a whole get a brand new start next year for what I would hope would be a better year.

Will the board accept that they have got the wrong bloke coaching them, I’m not holding my breath.

I said this in previous posts and I’ll say it one more time.
I knew we were stuffed in the first quarter against Richmond when our coach couldn’t get our players fired up enough to run out in front of 85,000, represent our club with pride, give our 60,000 members some hope, and score at least one goal in the first quarter.

Yes we have put in a few nice efforts and should have beaten Gold Coast but McGovern wandering away from the goal square which cost us the game, is symptomatic of the lack of discipline and the coaches inability to have the players in tune with their responsibilities in a situation such as that one.

To those who say that all some of us do is complain and what is the alternative, at the risk of repetition, here we go.

Bolton gone. Director of football Judd gone. Most of not all the assistant coaches, gone. Appoint Scott. Give him free reign to appoint who he wants in the hope that they can reach the players the necessary skills required of a professional footballer.

If players like Dow who lacks kicking skills and Fisher and Cunningham and others who can’t stick a tackle can’t improve, trade them.

And this would only be a start.

We supporters who help pay the players salaries need to see value for money.

If we don’t, and the club make no effort to improve the rubbish that we have been subjected to for far too long, then they can say goodby to 20, 000 of those members next year,

As John Kennedy once famously said “ do something “ !!!

Reply #83
It's wet conditions and CheatsFC slow talls like Hooker and Hurley are getting 40m clear of opponents!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #84
Thank God. Charlie goal ,good positioning son
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #85

See if Scott wants to coach and if yes, then give him the job to start with the first game after the bye. Let him meet the players next week and spend the two- three weeks getting to know them personally and to introduce them to his game plan.

I’m sure he has watched them enough to know a lot about their abilities.
This gives him the rest of the season to work with them and hopefully improve them so that he and they and the club as a whole get a brand new start next year for what I would hope would be a better year.

Will the board accept that they have got the wrong bloke coaching them, I’m not holding my breath.

I said this in previous posts and I’ll say it one more time.
I knew we were stuffed in the first quarter against Richmond when our coach couldn’t get our players fired up enough to run out in front of 85,000, represent our club with pride, give our 60,000 members some hope, and score at least one goal in the first quarter.

Yes we have put in a few nice efforts and should have beaten Gold Coast but McGovern wandering away from the goal square which cost us the game, is symptomatic of the lack of discipline and the coaches inability to have the players in tune with their responsibilities in a situation such as that one.

To those who say that all some of us do is complain and what is the alternative, at the risk of repetition, here we go.

Bolton gone. Director of football Judd gone. Most of not all the assistant coaches, gone. Appoint Scott. Give him free reign to appoint who he wants in the hope that they can reach the players the necessary skills required of a professional footballer.

If players like Dow who lacks kicking skills and Fisher and Cunningham and others who can’t stick a tackle can’t improve, trade them.

And this would only be a start.

We supporters who help pay the players salaries need to see value for money.

If we don’t, and the club make no effort to improve the rubbish that we have been subjected to for far too long, then they can say goodby to 20, 000 of those members next year,

As John Kennedy once famously said “ do something “ !!!
Disagree on Barker taking over.

Reply #86

This the bloke currently responsibly for our midfield structures! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
Surely enough is enough....they look like rabbits in the headlights....they just don't know how to play footy under this guy >:(

Reply #88
Well done Stocker , great smother and kick to , pity we couldn't convert

Reply #89
Its just a fitness thing. Training in the wet takes it out of you. If you want to be fresh for the weekend, it makes sense.

Yep....and it has worked so well hasn’t it.