Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 20968 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #135
If we knew the answer to half those questions, we'd have a chance to correct them.  Even when we "fly the flag" when a player is dealt with unfair treatment, it shows little intent.

It's as if they've been behaviour conditioned and not emotionally reactive.

Our weak attempts at tackles cost us a goal or two every game with opponents sailing by, knowing it's probably going to be half hearted.

Don't start me on MLG ....

Reply #136
I can't believe so many Carlton fans got sucked into thinking we were favourites, the media keep pumping us up week after week and our fans keep biting!

Our team as it stands is decimated by injuries to the key senior players and there is nothing left but bruised and battered kids being lead by a novice, with a injured ruckmen for assistance!

Think harder people, we were not and never were favourites against the Aints or the Cheats!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
Meh, I don't buy it - Freo - leaders?

Fyfe, Mundy, Walters?, Matera?

Kreuzer - is he fit?

Older blokes we had out there - Special K, Crippa, Newman, Levi, Plow's 24 now?

Sure, maybe 1 or 2 mature mids short but that's shouldn't explain 22 lost blokes?

Scoff all you like there are points of difference.

The freo blokes you mentioned played in freos grand final team a few years back and were genuinely top players in the competition at one point for a sustained period of their careers.

Our senior blokes (particularly the ones that are missing) are not.

Murphy and Thomas being the only exception and they havn't been near that form in 5 years.

Freo have topped up with conca, hamling, lobbe, and when you look through their team you realise that they are not playing the number of young skinny teenagers to carry them through only a couple.

Our senior players like Newman and McGovern are less than 70 games into their careers.

We are being led by sps, Dow, weitering, McKay, curnow.   Yes they're first round picks but none of them are more than highlight reel players at this point.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #138
If we knew the answer to half those questions, we'd have a chance to correct them.  Even when we "fly the flag" when a player is dealt with unfair treatment, it shows little intent.

It's as if they've been behaviour conditioned and not emotionally reactive.

Our weak attempts at tackles cost us a goal or two every game with opponents sailing by, knowing it's probably going to be half hearted.

Don't start me on MLG ....

It's called "Going through the motions". People who don't really believe in what they are doing do this kind of thing.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #139
oh sure, agreed. But what is the reason so many of the young blokes - and many are 21-22 now - hardly young - throw in the towel.

Why is Crippa at 23 odd the only one that (until recently?) been able to soldier on....?

Why are they so frequently soft as butter - physically and mentally - why?

Yet they can go within a whisker of beating the Pies - why does the hierarchy not bleat in the media about the diabolical free kick disparity, the touched goal (by Elliot) in our game.

The Pies turn it into a major headline.

We say nothing at ALL.

MLG a big part of the cultural void imo.

Cripps was visibly devastated after that Collingwood game.
He couldn't have given anymore that day.
He hasn't looked the same since.

Reply #140

This is where our lack of media presence bites us, you could excuse them for leaving the field that day thinking it's the whole competition against you and nobody is sticking up for you!

Nobody is standing up for them off field, and I suspect this weekend's result is a consequence of the Daisy situation and the VFL decision, and yet it is not Daisy's fault!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141

How does anyone feel when they have given their absolute best possible shot and still no joy?? Belief takes a huge hit and demoralisation can set it. We have witnessed that.

Reply #142
How does anyone feel when they have given their absolute best possible shot and still no joy?? Belief takes a huge hit and demoralisation can set it. We have witnessed that.

It's not that, it's the fact he receives little or not support!

Our midfield is very poorly coached, they do not know what they are doing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #143
Silvagni getting away with no scrutiny at all ,pressure on Bolton but sos recruiting has FAILED the club .if his surname was Rogers/ Hughes  he would be under extr3me pressure . All his players are to slow for example .

Reply #144

I'd have to say that Cripps' belief in the way we are currently headed has taken a massive hit in the past couple of weeks. The fact he gets so little support would reinforce that belief - it's a symptom that things are not working properly and are not being fixed. That has to be corrected asap i.e. belief restored, or else Cripps, and others, will be looking for the exit.

Reply #145
Silvagni getting away with no scrutiny at all ,pressure on Bolton but sos recruiting has FAILED the club .if his surname was Rogers/ Hughes  he would be under extr3me pressure . All his players are to slow for example .

I would think his work is under scrutiny alright and as time goes on he will be judged accordingly.

Reply #146
Kennedy
Setterfield
Fisher
SPS

These four have been particularly underwhelming and questions need to be asked, particularly of the first two.

Fix the midfield and a lot of problems go away.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #147

This seems to be the crux of the problem....

When the midfield fails, it affects the backline and the forward line - all 3 segments fail.

As a collective, our midfield is not even a bad joke, it is worse....

They have no system, plan, strategy....to win the ball and use it well.

The blokes function as individuals not as a cohesive unit.

That's ok in U/12s but senior AFLlevel - it's laughable....

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #148
Couldn’t believe how slow Kennedy looked yesterday, felt like I could’ve done a better job.

Setterfield I thought worked hard but he hasnt had much run at it, I think he’ll be ok long term.

Dow had a few bursts which were exciting.

Fish was missing mostly and SPS tried hard at least.

Reply #149
Kennedy
Setterfield
Fisher
SPS

These four have been particularly underwhelming and questions need to be asked, particularly of the first two.

Fix the midfield and a lot of problems go away.

Particularly underwhelming so far imo.