Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 21721 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #150
Kennedy
Setterfield
Fisher
SPS

These four have been particularly underwhelming and questions need to be asked, particularly of the first two.

Fix the midfield and a lot of problems go away.

I think all four Prof.

Apart from one ripper game SPS has been ordinary overall.

Fisher - some good patches last year. This year, meh...at best.

Kennedy - injuries then strange non selections (some say a function of the Folau tweet?)

Setters - who knows, back after a knee but needs time in the 2s imo.

I'm hoping DeLuca will add some spark to our mids - we surely need some!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #151
This seems to be the crux of the problem....

When the midfield fails, it affects the backline and the forward line - all 3 segments fail.

As a collective, our midfield is not even a bad joke, it is worse....

They have no system, plan, strategy....to win the ball and use it well.

The blokes function as individuals not as a cohesive unit.

That's ok in U/12s but senior AFLlevel - it's laughable....

Cripps knows that too and has lost his belief that we have the ability there to win games.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #152
I can't believe so many Carlton fans got sucked into thinking we were favourites, the media keep pumping us up week after week and our fans keep biting!

Our team as it stands is decimated by injuries to the key senior players and there is nothing left but bruised and battered kids being lead by a novice, with a injured ruckmen for assistance!

Think harder people, we were not and never were favourites against the Aints or the Cheats!

They were missing way better players and they still pumped us.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #153
Particularly underwhelming so far imo.

Dow and LOB should be included here.

Dow - is he the worst kick going around right now at senior AFL level?

Should not be playing 1s until this is redressed.

LOB - looking like a shocking waste of a top 10 draft pick....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #154
And Ed Curnow  what to make of him not being played in his best role?

And Kreuz - clearly couldn't ruck yesterday - how badly injured is he?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #155
Kennedy
Setterfield
Fisher
SPS

These four have been particularly underwhelming and questions need to be asked, particularly of the first two.

Fix the midfield and a lot of problems go away.

I reckon the second two.
Kennedy has played two games this year.
Setterfield has played 10 games total.
Fisher and SPS are not fit enough, do not get to enough contests and end up with 14 possessions.

None of our mids block or shepherd for each other.
It is an indictment on the coaching group.

I really wanted Sam Mitchell as an assistant. I think he will make a super coach.
Tough, uncompromising, successful, nasty, and doesn't care who he upsets.

Reply #156
There are a lot of justified concerns about some of the players but overall I'm prepared to see how this list would go with a different (hopefully better!) coaching regime and the injection of a couple of hard bodied, hard at it, mature mids.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #157
And Ed Curnow  what to make of him not being played in his best role?

And Kreuz - clearly couldn't ruck yesterday - how badly injured is he?

Really? Ed was on Merrett until half time I think and had him covered. After that not sure where he went but it looked like Cunningham took the role on for whatever reason. I assume Ed was covering someone else but he wasn't being wasted up forward that I could see.
Kreuzer smashed Bellchambers, just smashed him

Reply #158
Really? Ed was on Merrett until half time I think and had him covered. After that not sure where he went but it looked like Cunningham took the role on for whatever reason. I assume Ed was covering someone else but he wasn't being wasted up forward that I could see.

Sorry Rocky - i didn't see much of yesterday's game - thankfully.

I'm talking about the overall season....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #159

Exactly, the tactics were sound, but the support players were too few in number and continued to make simply unforced errors with poor decision making. Bolton cannot kick the ball for them.

Time and time again there were kick DIRECTLY to the opposition, poor choices and little thought process. I think it is also worth noting this is the first year without in-play runners. This has hurt us more than people acknowledge.

Reply #160
Sorry Rocky - i didn't see much of yesterday's game - thankfully.

I'm talking about the overall season....

Ahhhhh, rightio. Yes, agree.
The fact that they used Ed yesterday EFFECTIVELY as a tagger only confuses me more as to why they wasted his talents for the other 9 weeks?

Reply #161
Exactly, the tactics were sound, but the support players were too few in number and continued to make simply unforced errors with poor decision making. Bolton cannot kick the ball for them.

Time and time again there were kick DIRECTLY to the opposition, poor choices and little thought process. I think it is also worth noting this is the first year without in-play runners. This has hurt us more than people acknowledge.

All true spf, but both on here and outside, it's falling on deaf ears.

Reply #162
They were missing way better players and they still pumped us.

CheatsFC still had their core senior leadership group out there to organise the kids.

Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Bellchambers, Baguley, and another couple are part of 7 or more 100 game players, that's 100 games or more in the CheatsFC system, and another four or five 50 to 100 game players.

I said pre-match their injury situation was overstated by the media because it's mostly newcomers or kids they were missing. Fans get the impression they are young because of blokes like Saad is new to CheatsFC, but he's played 80 AFL games if only 30 or 40 for CheatsFC!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #163

If the blokes don't know their roles - and how to execute before the siren sounds - a few runners aren't gong to change much.

I heard BB pull that one - I say BS.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #164
If the blokes don't know their roles - and how to execute before the siren sounds - a few runners aren't gong to change much.

I heard BB pull that one - I say BS.

Rubbish, it's exactly the problem.

He's about the 3rd or 4th coach to discuss that this year, and he was responding to question that referenced the very idea that was suggested by another coach!

BB has repeatedly refused to volunteer or create opportunities for player to have excuses, so you can't hang him for answering a question from the media!
The Force Awakens!