Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 20970 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #45
How do we find our way out of this mire?

E Curnow, Kennedy, Thomas, Newman, Fasolo, Plowman, Phillips, Garlett, Obrien, Lobbe, Lang, Polson and Silvagni all have next to 0 trade value, whilst Docherty, Kreuzer, Pickett, Williamson are perennially injured. And, Simpson & Murphy are in the twilight of their careers - that's half of our list.

So hard to find a way out.

Reply #46
Even our media staff have lost interest. From our website:

CARLTON has suffered a disappointing loss to traditional rivals on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.

Wet weather conditions made it a fairly lacklustre affair between the two teams, while Essendon’s energy around the ground and the Blues’ inaccuracy in front of goal saw them go down by xx-points.

Not only is that propaganda. It's completely lazy and unprofessional. Sounding familiar  ::)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
Miserable day. Miserable result.  Made more miserable by another anti-Carlton rule being added to the statute books:

Rule 124.2.1:

If a Carlton players looks like they have inadvertently been afforded an advantage through good luck or happenstance (e.g. all opposition players stop from the impression that the ball is no longer in play), the nearest field umpire is to blow the whistle, stop play, and recall the ball for a bounce close to the position whereby the said Carlton player took possession (note Rule 124.2.1a below).

Rule 124.2.1a: This rule does not apply to any team other than the Carlton Football Club.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #48
I agree totally.
No Crippa. No Carlton.
We won't even have a decent first round draft pick. Just when we thought it couldn't get worse.

Today's highlight will be hearing what excuses BB will come up with   >:D
None of which, will instil the hope members have lost.
Dark day for Bluebaggers

We are not strangers to these kind of days. I hope the board is in emergency session as we speak to come up with the plan for extricating us from this death spiral! Urgent decisions required - the players are demoralised - first priority would be to address that imo. Open and brutally honest sessions need to be held with them as a first step, asap, by impartial people, to ascertain where the playing group see the issues and then take it from there. We are in crisis as a club and we need to take action accordingly.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
How do we get our way out of this mire?

E Curnow, Kennedy, Thomas, Newman, Fasolo, Plowman, Phillips, Garlett, Obrien, Lobbe, Lang, Polson and Silvagni all have next to 0 trade value, whilst Docherty, Kreuzer, Pickett, Williamson are perennially injured. And, Simpson & Murphy are in the twilight of their careers - that's half of our list.

So hard to find a way out.

I think the kids are not as bad as we make them out to be, but they are not ready to step up. Dow needs to iron out some deficiencies in his game, and Samo is ready to join the senior team as regular but NOT be the senior player yet. Outside of that, it is Cripps and then our older injured brigade. We need some older quality senior players to take that load and ensure we can develop under them. The problem is we cannot find them and get them to come across.

Honestly, can we get a Steele Sidebottom to cross over to us? What about Luke Shuey? Where is our Andrew Gaff or Dayne Beams going to come from? It is that calibre of players that turn up week in and week out and would have been the difference today. Cripps would have run riot - or they would have. We would have to pay the moon to get these guys, so realistically we need the next calibre down or find the older guys coming to the end you can still get some worth from AND who would want to come over to us.

Reply #50
I think Brendon Bolton is gone unfortunately, surly there’ll be a statement  early next week by the club ?
Our situation is untenable and unacceptable. I’d have a good look a Silvagni too someone needs to be held accountable for us not having 1st pick in this year’s draft situation is ludicrous and painful. My beloved Baggers have been reduced to a rabble.

Reply #51
Bolton is finished. May as well terminate him now and start the process for a replacement.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52
Is this what it feels like for a religious person to lose their faith. I feel numb, angry, I'm shaking and feel like I want to cry.

Fouth year of catch phrases for a coach who I guess was always supposed to be a sacrificial lamb. The team has not improved, there is no positive culture, how can there be. There are kids out there getting a game without earning it, so why try harder? They get their game and match payments, they'll be cuddled and told it's not their fault and how great things are, well it's not great at all. The Carlton players in general are pretenders, they give token efforts, drop their heads way to easy and I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

If I hear the Carlton hierarchy come out and say be patient and we feel your pain I 'll spew.

I just want to bring one thing up about our coaches. Paddy Dow has gone and hired a kicking coach, we have Bolton and 10 assistant coaches and Paddy Dow has to go find himself a kicking coach....WTF?

There is no one with real values for Carlton and there is only one logical coach to throw the kitchen sink at and it's Ratten. I know he knocked us back before, but in an interview this weekend, he admitted he got the main job too early, throw a crap load of money at him and plead for Ratts to come back to Carlton. It is the only move that will save the club, because at this rate our 60K members will drop back to 40K next season.

Reply #53
Even our media staff have lost interest. From our website:

CARLTON has suffered a disappointing loss to traditional rivals on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.

Wet weather conditions made it a fairly lacklustre affair between the two teams, while Essendon’s energy around the ground and the Blues’ inaccuracy in front of goal saw them go down by xx-points.

Not only is that propaganda. It's completely lazy and unprofessional. Sounding familiar  ::)

They still haven't fixed it. 
That's a minor issue in the scheme of things but is still really poor.
(Everyone's probably in the Meeting) :(

Reply #54
Honestly, can we get a Steele Sidebottom to cross over to us? What about Luke Shuey? Where is our Andrew Gaff or Dayne Beams going to come from? It is that calibre of players that turn up week in and week out and would have been the difference today. Cripps would have run riot - or they would have. We would have to pay the moon to get these guys, so realistically we need the next calibre down or find the older guys coming to the end you can still get some worth from AND who would want to come over to us.

No-one will come to us. The word is out - we're a rabble top to bottom.  Why do you think no FA's come across. The AFL has totally botched this and, admittedly, we haven't helped ourselves either. I mean, who in their right mind would come across to a perennial basket case of a club if they are yearning for success in the last 2-3 seasons of their career?

If it was an equitable system FA's should only be allowed to transfer to a team that qualifies through some sort of ladder calculation, e.g. average 12th position or lower for 2 or 3 consecutive years.  That Dangerfield was allowed to go to Geelong, or Lynch to Richmond is a total joke.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #55
Miserable day. Miserable result.  Made more miserable by another anti-Carlton rule being added to the statute books:

Rule 124.2.1:

If a Carlton players looks like they have inadvertently been afforded an advantage through good luck or happenstance (e.g. all opposition players stop from the impression that the ball is no longer in play), the nearest field umpire is to blow the whistle, stop play, and recall the ball for a bounce close to the position whereby the said Carlton player took possession (note Rule 124.2.1a below).

Rule 124.2.1a: This rule does not apply to any team other than the Carlton Football Club.
I think there are similar rules on holding the man and the ball.

Reply #56
No-one will come to us. The word is out - we're a rabble top to bottom.  Why do you think no FA's come across. The AFL has totally botched this and, admittedly, we haven't helped ourselves either. I mean, who in their right mind would come across to a perennial basket case of a club if they are yearning for success in the last 2-3 seasons of their career?

If it was an equitable system FA's should only be allowed to transfer to a team that qualifies through some sort of ladder calculation, e.g. average 12th position or lower for 2 or 3 consecutive years.  That Dangerfield was allowed to go to Geelong, or Lynch to Richmond is a total joke.

John Elliot was right; "we don't rebuild at Carlton". We still haven't.

Reply #57
It was hard to kick goals to day and he had about 6 kicked on him......and was lucky Laverde didnt kick straight, gave away dumb free's and was outbodied
by lighter players...pathetic performance IMO.
Plowman and Marchbank are both not good enough, so much expectation, so much given away fro them.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58
Geez we are a rabble.
How can you judge the players when they are part of such a crap system.
The coach and coaching panel need to be accountable.
Have been saying for weeks now, the coach is out of his depth.
Has zero game plan and the players have now given up.
They went at half rat power today.
If the club doesn’t move him on we will lose players.
We need a coaching group that has had some success at the top level.
Our footy ops manager and coach have 11 games experience at AFL level.
We should chase Sam Mitchell and Roughead as an assistant
I actually think we will lose Cripps if we move Bolton on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
Today’s problem: By 1/4 time, Cripps had realised that half the team he was playing with were spuds and decided, why bother....and I don’t blame him.  Once the others saw that Cripps couldn’t give a carp, that was it.
If he did give up, that would be disappointing and I would question if he is worthy to be Captain. As the skipper, you must never ever give up no matter how poor your team mates are, or how poor the coach is going, or how badly you are getting beaten. Frustrated? Abosuletely, give up, never.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th