Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 13: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 24112 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 13: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #60
I think McGovern needs a break to get some touch.
His timing was all over the place early tonight.
It left him with no confidence as the game progressed.

Reply #61
I think McGovern needs a break to get some touch.
His timing was all over the place early tonight.
It left him with no confidence as the game progressed.

Its only his 2nd game back.

Personally, i'd get his eyes tested.

I know Sticks Kernahan was no good at night because he couldn't see the ball with the lights. Maybe Gov has the same problem?

Reply #62
If McGovern doesn't play Charlie doesn't kick 7.

The 3 talls stretch defences. We just need quality small pressure forwards.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #63
Its only his 2nd game back.

Personally, i'd get his eyes tested.

I know Sticks Kernahan was no good at night because he couldn't see the ball with the lights. Maybe Gov has the same problem?

Funnily enough, the thought actually crossed my mind tonight also when he was constantly misjudging the ball.
Does he have a vision issue?
His accuracy has been good, best of the forwards.
His impact though usually comes in bursts.
What else is he giving us at the moment ?

Reply #64

If he's just a decoy Kerr could fill that role...
Jones could too, and it may be better to ease him back through that role than taking a key role in defence with Casboult doing well down there.
I know Jones has been tried without success before but I suspect he'd be a better forward now having played on some of the best forwards.

Reply #65

Ain't that the glaringly obvious missing piece of the forward line. Not sure where we get a small forward from.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #66
If he's just a decoy Kerr could fill that role...
Jones could too, and it may be better to ease him back through that role than taking a key role in defence with Casboult doing well down there.
I know Jones has been tried without success before but I suspect he'd be a better forward now having played on some of the best forwards.

He's better than a decoy, and he went on ball once or twice to change it up and get some bigger bodies there.

Let's face it, he has a role.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67
Funnily enough, the thought actually crossed my mind tonight also when he was constantly misjudging the ball.
Does he have a vision issue?
His accuracy has been good, best of the forwards.
His impact though usually comes in bursts.
What else is he giving us at the moment ?

Harry's having as many issues as Gov.

Don't think it's possible for them to all play well at once unless we really pumped the opposition but providing we get the ball into the F50 as we should it should make it difficult for the opposition with all 3. With that though we must bring F50 pressure. We could try Kerr though instead for a while.

Reply #68
McGovern is a very accurate kick which is a good feature of his game but needs to do more to justify that big contract IMO but I guess you could argue
the gameplan and brand we have played isnt conducive to a lead up forward and he has probably made position many times but we couldnt hit him up.

Reply #69
I’m not as optimistic as others. More of the same imo. Close loss, good footy in patches, but if you take the blue glasses off never really deserved the win.... play that way against better opposition and won’t be an honourable loss.

McGovern is a overrated one trick pony. With Harry and Charlie and Kerr who can’t get a game on our list, this trade never made sense to me at the time and certainly doesn’t now!

Our midfield group is slaughtered when Cripps is restrained. Unless he plays a blinder we won’t win.  I mean how are we expected to compete with one A grader in Cripps, a 12 gamer in Walsh, and then half a dozen skinny one way running kids who can’t defend and who find it impossible to play 4 quarters of solid football.

Not going to happen. Our improvement can only come once we get at least 3 seasoned ready made mids. Ive never been surer if it doesn’t happen in this years trade period strap yourself in folks as more spoons are coming our way.

Reply #70
One positive from the game is that we may get a reprieve from those calling for Charlie to (a) play in the midfield, or (b) spend time in the NBs  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #71
Yes another ‘honourable’ loss but Christ a lot of what we watched live was damn exciting! It was enjoyable being at the footy again.  Of course there was times that were shake of head stuff but then there was just joyous brilliance and NOT a Crippa in sight! 

Had some moments in the second I thought god we are so dumb but then they found their way to right the dumb and off we went again.

I knew that 3 min lapse at the end of the 3rd would bite us but was happy to see real fight.  Umpiring pissed me right off too, we don’t want to notice you umps, stop making us notice you for the wrong reasons ????

Reply #72
He's better than a decoy, and he went on ball once or twice to change it up and get some bigger bodies there.

Let's face it, he has a role.

Is it a role that’s worth $700k a year.

Reply #73
Yes another ‘honourable’ loss but Christ a lot of what we watched live was damn exciting! It was enjoyable being at the footy again.  Of course there was times that were shake of head stuff but then there was just joyous brilliance and NOT a Crippa in sight! 

Had some moments in the second I thought god we are so dumb but then they found their way to right the dumb and off we went again.

I knew that 3 min lapse at the end of the 3rd would bite us but was happy to see real fight.  Umpiring pissed me right off too, we don’t want to notice you umps, stop making us notice you for the wrong reasons ????

Great summary of the night!!! Agreed!  Exactly how I felt. At least it’s fun again.  Love u Charlie-fides-lenko-ola

Reply #74
Is it a role that’s worth $700k a year.

He is a player with upside thats best is in front of him, and he came to a bottom side.
With all of that comes a hefty price tag.

We have to pay it to someone, might as well be to players to jump ship to us as we know the ones we have haven't earned it.