Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18996 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #75
They might have some sponsorship deal with a boot manufacturer. It wouldn’t be the first time it has happened. I have a vague memory of Kouta having a sponsorship with a boot manufacturer and the entire club a sponsorship with a direct competitor. Big clash of interests. Don’t quote my words but I am sure it was  Kouta. Us oldies struggle with long term memory. Short term memory isn’t much better by the way. Where did I put my coffee again? Hang on, I don’t drink coffee.  >:( ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #76
Remember Sheedy painting the adidas "three stripes" across some of his teams' boots to disguise their true origin with another manufacturer?

And yep, Kouta had a separate deal

Reply #77
Assistant?

Bugger it.
Bring all our boys home.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
That pick up spin just shows what class SPS has...

Class.

It's the class of 2016 slowhand.
Samo picked by CFC and Setters by Giants.
Followed by the class of SOS to land the latter with the former. ????
Henry Ford.

Reply #79
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-control-cripps-masterclass-gives-carlton-plenty-to-crow-about-20190727-p52bd8.html

For those discussing boots etc.
I wouldn't be too quick to endorse the manufacturer of Crippa's boots.
Look closely. Looks like one boot is held together with sticky tape
Henry Ford.

Reply #80
That was a great day at the G. Only about 40000 there, but the roar when Setterfield snapped that goal in the last was seriously loud. Cripps was phenomenal, when he's fit and firing he's like an unstoppable force of nature, so great to watch. Setterfield is going to be a serious footballer, very happy with how he is developing. Gibbons best game for mine too, he's coming along very nicely

Reply #81
For those discussing boots etc.
I wouldn't be too quick to endorse the manufacturer of Crippa's boots.
Look closely. Looks like one boot is held together with sticky tape

I think you'll find he got a guard or padding taped into, over his previous foot injury. Last week his foot got stomped on as well as his ankle roll.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82
That was a great day at the G. Only about 40000 there, but the roar when Setterfield snapped that goal in the last was seriously loud. Cripps was phenomenal, when he's fit and firing he's like an unstoppable force of nature, so great to watch. Setterfield is going to be a serious footballer, very happy with how he is developing. Gibbons best game for mine too, he's coming along very nicely

Hardly any Crow fans there.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #84
Yep, there were plenty of Crows fans there

Reply #86
I actually felt there was a pretty good turn out of them..

Considering the debacle their season is becoming, I thought they had pretty good numbers.  There were even some on the train from and to Geetroit.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #87
How's your tipping? We need you now to get 9 winners each week...lol.

I tipped us right this week....

Reply #88

I thought Gibbons was almost our best to half time (honourable mention to Crippa!) and was second best for the game.