Skip to main content
Topic: Beer (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

Beer

Need I say more!

Some venues and nice ones I've stumbled across recently.

Brownstone Brewery (Eumemmering (Dandenong)
Rusty Sailor, American IPA, 5.8%. put some hairs on those chests for serious IPA drinkers.

Hop Shop (Playne St Frankston)
Playne St Pale ALE, 4.2%, Aussie IPA, hoppy, fruity, mid-strength so you can enjoy more than one pint in summer, ...... Er. I think!

Hawker Hall (Chapel St, Sth Yarra)
Fury, 5.2% American IPA, not sure if it was the combination of food and beer but the beer was mighty fine!

If we can get enough geographic coverage we'll build a a suitable list of day trip targets!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Beer

Reply #1
My neighbours at Curlewis Winery also grow Cascade and Chinook hops.  Another neighbour, a surgeon, uses the fresh hops to create a range of excellent beers.  They are sold under the 38th Parallel Brewing label.  I get mine from the winery but it is sold in several outlets in Geelong and on the Bellarine.

38th Parallel Brewing is classed as a nano brewery so there's not a huge volume produced.  That's good because it means that the quality is maintained.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Beer

Reply #2
Blackman’s Brewery at Torquay has a good range of beers on tap and more than a few in cans.  I take a re-usable growler or two and get them filled ... and they have a loyalty card.

The venue has a good atmosphere and the food is pretty good.

I recently bought their light beer in cans from our local BWS.  It was full-flavoured and each can was one standard drink - easy to keep track when you’re driving.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball