Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2022 Post Game Permutations (Read 5164 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2022 Post Game Permutations

Reply #90

At least at centre bounces, the only centre clearances are credited to those 4 (Cripps 5, Hewitt 2, Kennedy 1, Cerra 1) and our 2 rucks (Pittonet 3, TDK 2).

The best thing about all of this is, keeping in mind we have Walsh coming back too) that we don't need a team full of midfielders.
We can actually have dedicated half-forwards (Martin, Fisher, Silvagni etc) and dedicated half backs (Docherty, Saad, Williams)
and it means we can have genuine outside runners on the wings (Walsh, LOB, Setterfield?)

Yep was only talking Centre bounces, sure some others were running on the ball at different stages. I agree with with the other part of your post too Krud, was good to see no spare mids running around to try and be forwards, (apart from maybe Fish), everyone seemed to have a defined role.

On a lighter note, almost the best part of the game was watching the biggest whingers to umpires in the comp trying to hold their tongues due to the new dissent rule. Lynch, Riewoldt and co were almost exploding...

Reply #91
In addition to Chalky's post, for those that were there, what was the crowd noise like when we kicked the 5 goals in 7 mins in the last?
I was there and it was a bit surreal to be honest. The noise wasn't deafening but it certainly reached a crescendo as the quarter went on. I myself kept a lid on it and even when there was 5 min to go and we were 20 odd up I wasn't sure it was in the bag. Been bitten too many times. When the siren went the relief was palpable.

Reply #92
I was there and it was a bit surreal to be honest. The noise wasn't deafening but it certainly reached a crescendo as the quarter went on. I myself kept a lid on it and even when there was 5 min to go and we were 20 odd up I wasn't sure it was in the bag. Been bitten too many times. When the siren went the relief was palpable.

We were jumping around like maniacs after it was evident we were on a roll.  BUT, I was still thinking, in the back of my mind “are we sure they won’t hit back”.  I reckon I relaxed and enjoyed it, and the crowd REALLY got into it, once the Tigs fans started streaming out (about half way thru the last quarter - when, to be honest, I didn’t think it was completely over), then it got really loud and really enjoyable!!

Reply #94
Oh, that reminds me. How GREAT it is to be able to stand again at the footy  ;D Happy days!
Just being there again was amazing.  I reckon I spent 80% of the first Q sounding like a kid at Xmas  - “how good is this?”   “Look at the crowd”   “I love the G”

Reply #95
There were two points in the match when the Carlton crowd noise hit a level I had not experienced in years - obviously, one was Docherty's goal, but closely matched by Fisher's goal to put us 8 points up.

The loudest roars often come when a team kicks a second goal straight out of the middle while the crowd is still musing over the goal 15 seconds earlier.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #96
So good to hear the wonderful stories from Baggers at the game. I have no idea how some people kept their cool during our “avalanche”. I most certainly would have been jumping around like a maniac.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.