Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 5346 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 21 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #90
Just watched q1 replay. We had plenty of the ball and opportunities to score. We were definitely inaccurate and fumbled under the pressure. Owies, Crippa, Cottrell all had good looks. We also fluffed a couple of deep i50's by over-cooking it slightly. Unfortunately, resulting in TO's

Acres running, marking on the defensive goal-line and i50 was superb. Goal well deserved.

Gee Dow got triple tackled at times. Young Ollie bounced around by big boys like a ping-pong ball. Such a resilient young man.

The most apt chant for Ollie Hollands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA&ab_channel=LyssaFace

Reply #91
Q2.
Martin ran btw the arcs. Hb to Dow with a lovely weighted kick to end in Motlop goal. That's the Carlton way.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #92
My gosh. Charlie got absolutely mauled q1/2. How umpires missed so many is a mystery. Does razor hate us,??
Henry Ford.

Reply #93
My gosh. Charlie got absolutely mauled q1/2. How umpires missed so many is a mystery. Does razor hate us,??

The bald umpire finally pays some of our missed frees 🙄
Henry Ford.

Reply #94
Definitely don't want Gresham.
Henry Ford.

Reply #95
I liked how Dow stood up in tackles and still got the ball out to one of ours. That game mentally will do him alot of good. He needs the feeling that he belongs. Once he has that he'll be alot better.

Reply #96
Indeed. He certainly knows football and isn't influenced by any of the nauseating boys club nonsense. He calls it as he sees it. Over the many years I've heard his brutal assessment of our list, and club more broadly. Sometimes made me cringe but he was never far from the mark, pardon the pun!

It was just so enjoyable to listen to his authentic navy blue view.

Go Blues
He is very good and tying together old school and modern footy concepts/strategies I've found.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #97
Coaches' votes :

7 Blake Acres (CARL)
6 Zac Fisher (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
2 Tom De Koning (CARL)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Mason Wood (STK)

Reply #98
Surely there is no way he walks away on the Dogs, apart from being the skipper, he is too loyal I reckon. In any case, he is contracted for 2024 so a trade would have to me massive.

$1.5 Million as his first year sign on fee - five year deal $5.25 million which takes him to 33 yrs of age. Would he get us across the line for two premierships in that time, I think, yes he would. We would have to cough up at least two first rounders to the Dogs and probably sweeteners and pick swaps. You would first put it to his manager, then if he was open to it, table it with the Dogs. They are on the way down potentially with a new coach, and which of these clubs in most likely to grab two cups in his remaining playing career? That would probably now be Carlton.

Reply #99
Pity we can't make top 4. If we could, we would be some massive flag chance.
We can dream and hope things continue to fall into place for us and our rich vein of form continues, we can finish 5th and still be an almighty chance. Personally, even if we can sneak into the 8 I'll be happy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #100
This isn't really the place to be discussing it, but a definite no to Bontempelli. His class and skill is obvious, but we need to stay away from those types of deals. We've seen in recent times a greater spread of contributions from the er..... lesser lights, and we need more of that. We have enough mega deal players as it is.

Reply #101
didn’t like that honest insight from Voss thought it wasn’t needed. What did that achieve other then make the kid who has struggled to see any faith shown from Voss being started as a sub countless times feel like he is still very much on the outer. He even cracked the joke they would rip the stands down if we subbed him so he couldn’t do it.

I would have preferred Voss to use that game to generate as much confidence for Dow from it as possible with no negatives but instead now feels like not much has changed.

Obvious Voss is still not a fan and Dow will be delisted at seasons end which as a depth mid on min contract I would be happy to retain him but don’t see it happening.

Disagree.
Voss is acknowledging the public opinion.
Dow is almost at cult status now as “The bloke who’s knocked the door down to get a game”
I think Cripps pulling him into the presser after the game was a recognition of that and good leadership to give some limelight to a role player who at the end of the day had lifted his game and helped get us over the line.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #102
If anything i think Hewitt is the weakest link in the Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy and Hewitt midfield rotations.
That doesn't mean he can't play, but that the others simply offer more.

I disagree.  Hewett is an accomplished run with player who can nullify an opponent while still getting plenty of the ball.

Our midfielders have different but complementary skill sets and it’s their collective abilities that overcome the opposition midfield.  That collective is not as effective without Hewett.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #103
Can't see Cerra or Walsh being risked against the Suns if we secure a finals birth this week. Kennedy won't be available till finals if at all. Dow is very much required at the moment.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #104
Word on the street is that Dow is happy playing for us whether thats AFL or VFL. Supposedly has other interests in life so may Footy is  not the end all and be all for him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th