Skip to main content ↑ ↓
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 82559 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #120 –
JSOS won't be in but Kennedy will



Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #123 –

Thanks rocky. Is Jack Silvagni's omission because of injury or just because he's omitted ?

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #124 –
Thanks rocky. Is Jack Silvagni's omission because of injury or just because he's omitted ?
Apparently, and as I say, reliable until proven wrong, it was a lack of match fitness. I know what your thinking, well what about Kennedy?! I can only assume Kennedy without match fitness offers more than JSOS without match fitness. As a few mentioned earlier there was a concern about taking two in under those circumstances.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #125 –
Apparently, and as I say, reliable until proven wrong, it was a lack of match fitness. I know what your thinking, well what about Kennedy?! I can only assume Kennedy without match fitness offers more than JSOS without match fitness. As a few mentioned earlier there was a concern about taking two in under those circumstances.

Thanks rocky. Appreciate that.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #126 –

That's funny because there's strong mail the Jack is definitely playing  :-\

I guess we'll have to wait until the teams are announced or Vossy says who'll be included.
"Negative waves are not helpful. Try saying something righteous and hopeful instead." Oddball

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #127 –
Jack re-injured his knee when he tried to play VFL so we just might not be confident he can get through.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #128 –
Jack re-injured his knee when he tried to play VFL so we just might not be confident he can get through.

Its always a risk, but you know someone like Jack will sacrifice his body to get it done. He'd go out there on crutches if we needed him too.

TBH, with the makeup of the team, we probably do. Its either him or Young, and i don't trust young under the pressure of finals footy. He was failing under limited pressure in nothing games early on the season.

I think for team balance i'd prefer to take a risk with Jack in the side. Rather than be safe and limit our chances of winning.

A lot of tough choices required for this match.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #129 –
Signing Young Until 2026 seems like one they might like to take back.
The lad's confidence seemed shot.
You would like to think that there is some support for him to help him get back on track...otherwise it's a wasted space on our list.

 

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #130 –
Apparently, and as I say, reliable until proven wrong, it was a lack of match fitness. I know what your thinking, well what about Kennedy?! I can only assume Kennedy without match fitness offers more than JSOS without match fitness. As a few mentioned earlier there was a concern about taking two in under those circumstances.

JSOS can fill in for McKay, Kennedy can't.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #131 –
Final training session was today I think. I think maybe Kennedy got more hours under his belt on the training track and Vossy loves him.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #132 –

JSOS can fill in for McKay, Kennedy can't.

Kennedy could play FF at a pinch.
He could play in the middle and allow Cripps to play more forward.

If Jack doesn't play, he's literally our next best option....which is a worry.

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #133 –
Kennedy could play FF at a pinch.
He could play in the middle and allow Cripps to play more forward.

If Jack doesn't play, he's literally our next best option....which is a worry.

TDK was very busily practicing his forward craft at training, (Ch7 News). That what we went with last time against Melbourne. Only difference though from the last Melbourne game is Martin. Kennedy, even Kemp forward in that role?

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #134 –
Apparently, and as I say, reliable until proven wrong, it was a lack of match fitness. I know what your thinking, well what about Kennedy?! I can only assume Kennedy without match fitness offers more than JSOS without match fitness. As a few mentioned earlier there was a concern about taking two in under those circumstances.

Seems your mail is good.