Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting) (Read 70349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bring back Justin Cordy…bad vibes we are not fit enough

Reply #120
Prepare for many more 4th Qtr blowouts……as evidenced last 2 NAB games..

Ran into a pretty well connected Magpie guy the other day who was happy to see the back of Buttifant….said they had to double training loads Nov-Jan after he left to get them back to AFL std…

Nothing worse than hearing what a great guy the head of fitness/training is…he should be the most hated guy in the club like the chief handicapper at a golf club should be pushing them to breaking point every night at training…..

Very worried by our ability to run out games this year…hopefully proven wrong but worried…this was a strength for us last year we can't afford to lose

There's no point in being at your best fitness and form in February. It's a long season and the build-up should be gradual. I think your Pies mate may be a little disgruntled? Don't worry. This will be a big season for us.

Re: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Reply #121
Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of the other new draftees in action in next hit out
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #122
Gibbs....went of early for a shower, hopefully to get a decent haircut and remove that headband he stole off some little girl.

With all due respect EB I think you are letting your personal opinion of appearance deflect from the actual performance. Gibbs was very good tonight (more so than Murphy) and I think MM had seen enough to give him a deserved rest

Fair enough JK..each to their own, I thought he gathered some of the ball but had little impact on the game which is par for the course with Bryce and he annoyed me by fiddling with that headband while waiting for a centre  ballup...
I thought Murphy worked hard after a poor year last season and being tagged as per normal managed to deal with it better than usual...

I wouldnt be paying 700k a year on what Bryce delivered tonight no matter what hairstyle he had ;)

Re: Bring back Justin Cordy…bad vibes we are not fit enough

Reply #123
Prepare for many more 4th Qtr blowouts……as evidenced last 2 NAB games..

Ran into a pretty well connected Magpie guy the other day who was happy to see the back of Buttifant….said they had to double training loads Nov-Jan after he left to get them back to AFL std…

Nothing worse than hearing what a great guy the head of fitness/training is…he should be the most hated guy in the club like the chief handicapper at a golf club should be pushing them to breaking point every night at training…..

Very worried by our ability to run out games this year…hopefully proven wrong but worried…this was a strength for us last year we can't afford to lose

Keep listening to Collingwood connections.

Did he tell you Thomas' ankle is fcked, Woods is a hack, MM was past it ?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #124
One thing that came out of tonight's game was the importance of a ruckman who can deliver the ball to his midfielders.  Anyone who thinks that (a) good ruckmen are overrated, or (b) Wood is going to play a role this season has rocks in their head.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #125
One thing that came out of tonight's game was the importance of a ruckman who can deliver the ball to his midfielders.  Anyone who thinks that (a) good ruckmen are overrated, or (b) Wood is going to play a role this season has rocks in their head.

Yeah spot on DJ  (about part a that is). As well beaten as Wood was by Jacobs, he was more effective than Kruiz. Granted it was Kruiz's first game back after injury, but even last season Kruiz didn't provide a clear advantage in ruck.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #126
I wouldnt be paying 700k a year on what Bryce delivered tonight no matter what hairstyle he had ;)

You're probably right in this instance but I expect that if he is given more time in the midfield this season he will become a General. He has composure under pressure that is the mark of a naturally skilled footballer. His delivery is probably not as elite as some but it would be enhanced by more time in the heat of battle. While we're on that, Daisy's delivery to Jeffy was sublime tonight.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #127

Warnock would be sleeping well tonight. ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #128

I think he's behind Kreuz and Warnock of course, but I easily see Woods playing this year and playing well.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #129
How is the game plan looking? Still hugging the boundary and moving the ball slowly?

Reply #130
I'm sure the players are gutted...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #131
I know its only a pre season game, but 2 weeks in row we've capitulated in the last quarter. I don't like it.

'Fade out not an issue says MM'
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-24/fadeout-no-issue-for-mick

― Mark Twain

Reply #132
I know its only a pre season game, but 2 weeks in row we've capitulated in the last quarter. I don't like it.

'Fade out not an issue says MM'
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-24/fadeout-no-issue-for-mick

Well played Mick!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #134
Gibbs....went of early for a shower, hopefully to get a decent haircut and remove that headband he stole off some little girl.

With all due respect EB I think you are letting your personal opinion of appearance deflect from the actual performance. Gibbs was very good tonight (more so than Murphy) and I think MM had seen enough to give him a deserved rest

Fair enough JK..each to their own, I thought he gathered some of the ball but had little impact on the game which is par for the course with Bryce and he annoyed me by fiddling with that headband while waiting for a centre  ballup...
I thought Murphy worked hard after a poor year last season and being tagged as per normal managed to deal with it better than usual...

Im with EB re Bryce "too cool for school" Gibbs. Its not just him though, most of our blokes are more worried about how they look on tv and it starts with the skipper. Been a big bug bear of mine for a while and hoped future results would make it a non-issue which it probably is, but just have a look at the best players in the comp and then our wannabes. Maybe im just anxious for the season proper to start.