Skip to main content
Topic: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing (Read 66366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing

Reply #165
Anybody else miss Armfield playing?

I like that guy.

As weak as we are CIMM, who does he replace?
Not at the NBs either!

PS: Corrected, he is on the latest list I've seen.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #166
Where is Watson?

His withdrawal last week was reported as a team balance decision, nothing about an injury.

More Carlton spin?

His withdrawal last week was reported as an injury.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #167
If we go down by less than 60 points, we will have done well by the look of things. ::)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #168
Rowe is playing because Daniher and Carlisle will be too big for Jamison and Henderson will probably have to take the other tall forward with White to get Ambrose.
Casboult cant play down back and Warnock is for the pine if he isnt rucking.....

Reply #169

I posted the rumor before the game injury would keep him out, so I expected him to be injured. Malthouse in a pre-game interview stated Kreuzer was out due to general soreness and Watson was omitted for team balance! Watson is listed at the NBs!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170

I posted the rumor before the game injury would keep him out, so I expected him to be injured. Malthouse in a pre-game interview stated Kreuzer was out due to general soreness and Watson was omitted for team balance! Watson is listed at the NBs!

Rowe contested and lost vs Richmond, Watson vs Port failed to contest.....

Reply #171
Yep,  Rowe will play in defence and all he has to do is get his body in the way and punch with intent...  I don't care if he has donuts possessions-wise as long as he gives a good contest in the air at every contest... if they good enough to outmark him, well that happens.  If he trails the contest every time or ball watches he can pack his bags.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #172
Yep,  Rowe will play in defence and all he has to do is get his body in the way and punch with intent...  I don't care if he has donuts possessions-wise as long as he gives a good contest in the air at every contest... if they good enough to outmark him, well that happens.  If he trails the contest every time or ball watches he can pack his bags.

Right on the money Prof.......its about negating not being a superstar and not worrying too much about winning the ball. Rowe has a chance to do what Watson hasnt and thats cement a spot.
He was off the pace vs Richmond but he did have a go and got some spoils in unlike Watson who couldnt get body on his man, was late to contests ,and had one of his low intensity afternoons.
Mick likes his honest tradies....Maxwell, Toovey......White, Rowe........Watson is going to have to earn a recall.

Reply #173

I'm only going by what I heard on the radiola and read in the papier. Didn't hear or read anything about team balance.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #174
Rowe is playing because Daniher and Carlisle will be too big for Jamison and Henderson will probably have to take the other tall forward with White to get Ambrose.
Casboult cant play down back and Warnock is for the pine if he isnt rucking.....

Carlisle and Daniher will be rotating in the ruck so only one at a time will be playing forward, which means hopefully Henderson will play a full game up forward.

Reply #175
Rowe has a chance to do what Watson hasnt and thats cement a spot.
He was off the pace vs Richmond but he did have a go and got some spoils in unlike Watson who couldnt get body on his man, was late to contests......

Fair point in regards to the spoils - I'll concede two rippers to him last Thursday night. Hope Hardingham stays in the Essendon team.....there's no more of spud playing in the AFL right now than that bloke - how he remains on their list......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #176

Carlisle and Daniher will be rotating in the ruck so only one at a time will be playing forward, which means hopefully Henderson will play a full game up forward.

Exactly what I was thinking Navy Maven.....

Hope Waite can replicate what he did against them in round 11 last year, as that was possibly the most dominating game I've ever seen Jarrad play.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #177
Fair comment EB about Mick liking his blue collar defensive types... was interesting to read that Mick had a go at Stevic last week about a dud free paid against McInnes last year (to Crameri from memory).  Kind of about the time McInnes really fell away from being solid to a panic merchant... suggests that Mick thinks McInnes may still figure in his plans if he can recapture some confidence.

Reply #178
Hope Carrazzo doesn't get worked over again and get injured. Hope he picks up on the speed of the game quickly.
Will be good to see him back.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #179
Carazzo hasn't had a hit out, can't see him playing.  If he does he'll struggle to run out a half.