Skip to main content
Topic: RD 3 : Carlton VS Essendon (After Siren Shrieking) (Read 68971 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 3 : Carlton VS Essendon (After Siren Shrieking)

Reply #60
We are rotten and dead in the middle.

The backs fight against a continual flow of pressure free ball coming through the middle.
The forwards hardly get the ball coming in lace out.

Our midfield is next to useless, filled with soft, heartless, soulless imposters.
We are still the same one way lazy river.
With dead branches, the ilk of : Warnock Kreuzer Murphy Walker Robinson Curnow Gibbs Garlett Ellard Carrazzo floating aimlessly downstream.

One hundred and fifty years !!!!    WOW the last dozen have been dreadful and embarrassing looking back and it won't get any easier. We have set a rod for our own back, due to our method of constantly making bad choices on and off the field.

We are Carlton.... and we are FARKED !!

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #61
I'm neither for or against MM as coach. The fact is he is the coach and yet the same deadcrape players we have keep putting in the same lame performances. The players should take the bulk of the blame for this game.

How the f**k could we have thumped this mob by 98 odd pts 3 years ago and then simply watched them go past us?

Look no further than the bloke mentioned in your first paragraph.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #62
Is he contracted next week?

The real culprit is Hughes.  Our recruitment has been dreadful.  Watson.  Lucas.  Two wasted first round draft picks.  And them there's the Marcus Davies of this world.  And then there's the recycled players who have been rubbish for us like Robbie the Robot.  It's been a train wreck for a number of years.

Yep...couldnt agree more and it will be a 3-5 year turn around when you are starting from rock bottom...

Port were able to turn it around quite quickly. That's what we have to hope for

It's amazing what a difference a great coach makes.

Adelaide were saying that about Sanderson too.

I'm not defending MM but that's 2 posts of yours tonight that appear to lay the blame solely at the feet of the coach. thats a cop out. The players were bloody awful and deserve a flogging for that performance.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #63
Is he contracted next week?

The real culprit is Hughes.  Our recruitment has been dreadful.  Watson.  Lucas.  Two wasted first round draft picks.  And them there's the Marcus Davies of this world.  And then there's the recycled players who have been rubbish for us like Robbie the Robot.  It's been a train wreck for a number of years.

Yep...couldnt agree more and it will be a 3-5 year turn around when you are starting from rock bottom...

Port were able to turn it around quite quickly. That's what we have to hope for

It's amazing what a difference a great coach makes.

Adelaide were saying that about Sanderson too.

I'm not defending MM but that's 2 posts of yours tonight that appear to lay the blame solely at the feet of the coach. thats a cop out. The players were bloody awful and deserve a flogging for that performance.

trouble is, they got a flogging for the last 2
tonight is how they respond

Reply #64
We are rotten and dead in the middle.

The backs fight against a continual flow of pressure free ball coming through the middle.
The forwards hardly get the ball coming in lace out.

Our midfield is next to useless, filled with soft, heartless, soulless imposters.
We are still the same one way lazy river.
With dead branches, the ilk of : Warnock Kreuzer Murphy Walker Robinson Curnow Gibbs Garlett Ellard Carrazzo floating aimlessly downstream.

One hundred and fifty years !!!!    WOW the last dozen have been dreadful and embarrassing looking back and it won't get any easier. We have set a rod for our own back, due to our method of constantly making bad choices on and off the field.

We are Carlton.... and we are FARKED !!

Spot on.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #65
@BigJack

You are right, the midfield is our rotten core. Just not up to the job and needs clearing out. Just does not have the skills needed for today's footy, and it's not very smart. Very exposed tonight and was a complete embarrassment with its blundering and turnovers.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
In a post before the season began, I said that I was there in 1964 when we celebrated our 100th anniversary. I was 15 at the time and didn't miss a game.

We had our worst year ever finishing tenth.

I said in my post that I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

I'm not going to say any more because I feel physically ill having watched that cr@p tonight, except to say that I did take one positive out of the game.

I am positive that this year, history is going to repeat itself >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #67
@BigJack

You are right, the midfield is our rotten core. Just not up to the job and needs clearing out. Just does not have the skills needed for today's footy, and it's not very smart. Very exposed tonight and was a complete embarrassment with its blundering and turnovers.

x2....not hard enough and skills are woeful.....

Reply #68

It's up to the coach to inspire the players, our team did not show up at any stage to play. Against Essendon. I cannot remember a more insipid effort against the scum. It's obvious the coach has lost the players.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
I'm neither for or against MM as coach. The fact is he is the coach and yet the same deadcrape players we have keep putting in the same lame performances. The players should take the bulk of the blame for this game.

How the f**k could we have thumped this mob by 98 odd pts 3 years ago and then simply watched them go past us?

What the fk has happened to our disposal ???? We were never great by either hand or foot but FFS, tonight was diabolical!

Whats so special about Carrazzo that he gets a gig in the 1st's after so long out of the game? His touch was simply f..ing awful and it isnt any wonder either.

Touhy needs a spell. Curnow needs a spell. Rowe was better this week but that wasnt that hard really!. get casboult in there FFS. Waite did 3/5ths of feck all and Garlett.......you can feck off too.

Jesus, if we dropped the players who deserved it to night, we'd almost have a new 22 next week.

I barrick for our jumper. Very few who wore it tonight deserved that honor.

It's hard to believe how many players are underdone or out of form. Off the top of my head of our better players.....walker, waite, Thomas, tuohy, Garlett, Henderson, Carazzo are all badly out of form, and when you add guys who simply aint up to it like Rowe and White, we'll that's half the side.

Reply #70

BJ raises a very good point re how can cheats.com.au waltz past us, and many other clubs have too. It is just too simplistic to hang this all on the senior coach alone... there are endemic issues in coaching, development and recruiting which have been eroding the place for year and tonight cheats.com.au did us a favour and showed the world how far we are from being a finals side, let alone a top 4 side. If it was only the senior coach then you just replace him and everything is hunky dory. Nuh. MM has kept too many of the 'old' coaching staff on. And he really must now ask himself if he has the energy to do what must be done. We're not far from tear it all down and start again.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71

It's up to the coach to inspire the players, our team did not show up at any stage to play. Against Essendon. I cannot remember a more insipid effort against the scum. It's obvious the coach has lost the players.

Not sure that's obvious.

Reply #72
In a post before the season began, I said that I was there in 1964 when we celebrated our 100th anniversary. I was 15 at the time and didn't miss a game.

We had our worst year ever finishing tenth.

I said in my post that I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

I'm not going to say any more because I feel physically ill having watched that cr@p tonight, except to say that I did take one positive out of the game.

I am positive that this year, history is going to repeat itself >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Doing the maths I  think this means you're old.....lol!

Sadly I remember 1964 too. Was after that we got Harris, who, in turn, got Barassi, cleaned a few out, played alot of young blokes and we won a flag 4 years later starting some golden era. I'd kill for that luck to happen again.

Reply #73

Not sure that's obvious.

Did you see the game?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #74

BJ raises a very good point re how can cheats.com.au waltz past us, and many other clubs have too. It is just too simplistic to hang this all on the senior coach alone... there are endemic issues in coaching, development and recruiting which have been eroding the place for year and tonight cheats.com.au did us a favour and showed the world how far we are from being a finals side, let alone a top 4 side. If it was only the senior coach then you just replace him and everything is hunky dory. Nuh. MM has kept too many of the 'old' coaching staff on. And he really must now ask himself if he has the energy to do what must be done. We're not far from tear it all down and start again.

The coach is not the be all and end all but he has to be held accountable for performances like that. Coming off 2 losses with a season defining type of match and we didn't turn up mentally. Not one or two but everyone. Something is seriously wrong and it wasn't that wrong before Malthouse got here.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!