Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Pre Game Jitters: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 18503 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Pre Game Jitters: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #75
Remember we need to think of this a year one, an 18 year old 200+ cm key fwd, just wait.

Patience folks. We know talls take longer... he had a serious injury during his first ps.... and he's actively growing. You can't rush a kid in this situation. Is his twin brother playing 1's? I'm confident he'll get a run when he can run out 4q's. I image list management would be keen to see H + Cas before trade time comes around.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #76
I saw alot of that presence earlier in the year when he was crashing packs. Just off the boil a little right now.

Apparently he's grown to 204cm so he'll be a big boy.

Fair enough, I didn't see him earlier in the year.
What I saw today wasn't impressive, but he's still young and the delivery was poor so I'll cut him some slack.
I remember seeing Hogan playing for Casey when he'd just turned 18, now that was impressive.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #77
Fair enough, I didn't see him earlier in the year.
What I saw today wasn't impressive, but he's still young and the delivery was poor so I'll cut him some slack.
I remember seeing Hogan playing for Casey when he'd just turned 18, now that was impressive.

Hogan was a rare breed at 17/18.

Reply #78
McKay  MKII at North hasn't  had a look in yet I don't think and he would be 9 months ahead of his twin (injury free last year. Now either they are both duds and we've both been sold lemons OR they are 18 y o being managed for the long haul.

I suspect the later.

Reply #79
McKay is miles away, still growing, lacks strength for his size.

Way too early to play him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Hogan was a rare breed at 17/18.

He's a jet, but there have been others who looked the goods from day one.
What I'm hoping for from McKay isn't a champion, it's a solid player who can occupy a good quality key defender and at least hold his own.
Time will tell I guess.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #81
Hogan has different body composition to McKay.

He was already a big bulky kid. McKay hasn't learnt how to use his size to his advantage he just hasn't got the strength. But I see him as our long term forward/ruck rather than permanent forward. A long term Casboult replacement and will be an upgrade.

Reply #82
hogan is 195cm and beefy.

Harry is 203/204cm (or more now) and still very much growing into his body....

Hogan is also almost 3 years older....

As i understand it Harry finds the pill a lot, in patches, but his kicking at goal has the yips?

Others better placed to comment here undoubtedly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #83
No point comparing Hogan and McKay.

In fact, Weitering is probably a better comparison .

There was talk of Hogan running through the midfield at some point.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #84
Hopefully we can win just to keep the season alive and give the boys something to play for. Lose today and we will probably go into free fall like last year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #85
He's a jet, but there have been others who looked the goods from day one.
What I'm hoping for from McKay isn't a champion, it's a solid player who can occupy a good quality key defender and at least hold his own.
Time will tell I guess.

Not often in the key position stakes have many been good from the start as they're often too skinny but Hogan tore it up in the VFL at 17 before he was allowed to play AFL. He's doing well at AFL level but thought he might've been actually better given what he did at 18. Still, he's just 22.

McKay's grown to 204cm so be interesting the direction we take with him. Not sure if that's having an effect as he could be growing up not out. At 204 cm he's going to ruck quite a bit i'd assume. You'd assume Levi's role at some stage, next year if Levi takes up free agency offers. Convinced by what I saw earlier in the year that he will be a good player. If he's ends up a forward/ruck then Kerr will end up the no.1 forward. Josh Fraser is loving the direction he is taking.

Reply #86
Kerr finds ways to impact the game even when he's not red hot.

Also he's allegedly playing injured at the moment, rumours are he's got a bit of OP.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
I just took the dog for a walk and it would be a good toss for Murph to win, about a three goal breeze to the Punt Road end.

Reply #88
I just took the dog for a walk and it would be a good toss for Murph to win, about a three goal breeze to the Punt Road end.

You live near the 'G?

Reply #89
Not often in the key position stakes have many been good from the start as they're often too skinny but Hogan tore it up in the VFL at 17 before he was allowed to play AFL. He's doing well at AFL level but thought he might've been actually better given what he did at 18. Still, he's just 22.

McKay's grown to 204cm so be interesting the direction we take with him. Not sure if that's having an effect as he could be growing up not out. At 204 cm he's going to ruck quite a bit i'd assume. You'd assume Levi's role at some stage, next year if Levi takes up free agency offers. Convinced by what I saw earlier in the year that he will be a good player. If he's ends up a forward/ruck then Kerr will end up the no.1 forward. Josh Fraser is loving the direction he is taking.

We're counting our chickens here a bit.
Neither of them have played a senior game and from what I saw yesterday they're both a fair way off it.
Personally I think we should try and trade a key forward in, we should have some cash to splash.
The risk of waiting for McKay and Kerr is that two years from now there's a fair chance that neither of them will measure up, but two years from now the rest of our team could be top four material except that we're still relying on Levi.
The back 6 looks very solid, the midfield will be up with any and Kreuzer should still be in top form, but it could all count for nothing if we can't kick a winning score.