Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 39072 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #165
But to be honest I was really excited by the way we played. So many positives to take out of the game. Fast ball movement, almost kicked 100 points. Kept up with the reigning premiers for 3.5 quarters until the loss of Kreuzer really took its toll.
The good
Curnwow
Crippa
Marchbank
Simmo
Wright
Ed Curnow 29 touches 6i50's
Garlett SPS AND Fish

The putrid
Umps
Commentators and their disgusting bias
Casboult
Silvagni
Weitering, prefer Macreadie to have an extended run
Byrne had no space to play, but I really do rate
We are way too reliant on Kreuzer, our most important player on the list imo

I am more happy than not though. Bring on the Suns, should be a good match

Reply #166
Also can't believe how many of the Richmond players I actually dislike now. Caddy, McIntosh, Butler, Nank, Ellis, Townsend, Riewoldt and did I mention Caddy.

Yeah. There's a bit to dislike about Caddy.
Mainly because he plays for Ninthmond and he is becoming a bloody good footballer. >:(
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #167
Yeah. There's a bit to dislike about Caddy.
Mainly because he plays for Ninthmond and he is becoming a bloody good footballer. >:(
Im afraid you are correct mate, but it's also his face  >:D

Reply #168
I don't actually hate Richmond as a team though, enjoy watching Dusty play. If it was Cripps with those big fend offs we would love it.

Reply #169
I don't actually hate Richmond as a team though, enjoy watching Dusty play. If it was Cripps with those big fend offs we would love it.

Can only dream of Dusty in the dark navy. Love the way he plays, sigh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #170
Just watched the replay. A couple of things jump out:
1  we need to review our <15m dinky kicks and rub them out
2  Samo did some amazing moves q1. His tackle pressure will become a game changer in time
3   Zac Fisher is improving quarter by quarter. Star material
4   is Caddy related to Donald Trump? The face, the hair, the obsession with his own image.....
5   2 + 3 + Crippa + Bam Bam + Dow (?Charlie) are the foundation of our future midfield. Can't help but feel optimistic and a tad excited about our future  ^-^

Go Blues
Fair summary. One other thing apart from the dinky kicks was the excessive number of handballs at teammates feet, WTF is that?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #173
Can only dream of Dusty in the dark navy. Love the way he plays, sigh.

The minute he joined Carlton his career would be cruelled by penalties for high contact, you can absolutely back it in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #174
The minute he joined Carlton his career would be cruelled by penalties for high contact, you can absolutely back it in!

And if he just so much as brushed past an umpire..........wow!

Reply #175
Pretty impressed by the performance. If that's the gap from us to last years premiers then we have come a long way!

Everyone showed signs however starting to worry over Weitering and Silvagni. Both I feel are stuffed half way through first quarters, thunder thighs runs with concrete legs and Silvagni has no where near an afl tank either. Weitering I think is not a key defender and I think we need to use him as a 3rd tall rebounding type and build his confidence. Silvagni is a 3rd tall forward and unfortunately thats it, hopefully they improve throughout the year.

Reply #176
And if he just so much as brushed past an umpire..........wow!

That reminds me.

Thursday night when a Nthmond player was having a set shot our guy was being placed on the mark by the umpire when the Nthmond player played on. Our nearest players was about 5m in on the corridor side and his attempt to smoother was blocked by an umpire and another Nthmond player. The umpire had gotten between our nearest player and the player holding the ball, yet they allowed the goal to stand! It should have been brought back as an umpire got in the way of the defender!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #177
Pretty impressed by the performance. If that's the gap from us to last years premiers then we have come a long way!

Everyone showed signs however starting to worry over Weitering and Silvagni. Both I feel are stuffed half way through first quarters, thunder thighs runs with concrete legs and Silvagni has no where near an afl tank either. Weitering I think is not a key defender and I think we need to use him as a 3rd tall rebounding type and build his confidence. Silvagni is a 3rd tall forward and unfortunately thats it, hopefully they improve throughout the year.

They are both only 20, they are were both young draftees.

It's a good thing to remind yourself what they can do as kids;

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/121920/Jacob-WEITERING

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/124067/Jack-SILVAGNI

Remember that the above summaries are discussing the efforts of 18 and 19 year olds playing KP at the highest level!

A lot of media people are making comparisons to Daniher, even the spuds on Ch.7 who cannot help but add a CheatsFC reference to every game. But Daniher has been around much longer, his debut was 2013, compare his first seasons with the guys above and they look pretty good all of a sudden.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/116946/Joe-DANIHER

My only concern about this debate is comparing Silvagni to Weitering, it's not fair, they are a different class of player.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #178
Just watched BB's presser. A distinct change of tune IMO. I don't think we'll be hearing any more about green shoots - the emphasis is clearly now on winning and NO EXCUSES. We have clearly entered the next stage of our journey.

Reply #179
I think there is a simple equation emerging............

Cripps + Curnow + Offensive game plan = 60,000+ members in 2019.

We have a couple of genuine stars who will drag people through the gates, attract the young and reconnect us with that strong powerbase we had years ago.

On membership.......  When our time comes for that last Saturday in September, I'd like to think that those who have had continuous 15 - 20 year membership  would be given preference, purely as a reward for loyalty!!