Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 20833 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #120
Crash,  when is the club going to man up and query the treatment Cripps gets?   FMD,  if it was a tigers it pussies player you'd hear no end of squealing.

Patience.

You whinge about the umpires only when your window is open.  That way you get that favouritism when its required.

Whilst we are battling at the bottom favourable umpiring will not help us get anywhere but 17th.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #121
That's light years ahead of 18th.  We'd have to win at least three more games.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #122
That's light years ahead of 18th.  We'd have to win at least three more games.

Not to forget 17th place got a 83 point belting this round. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #123
We lost the game when kreuzer was lining up for goal and thanked it on the full in the second quarter.

Didn't get near scoring for two quarters after this.

Soul destroying stuff.  He was within 30 of goal.
Not to mention Lang had 3 shots from almost same position on each occasion & didn't come close with any of them.....at least kick one ya spud, after 2 sighters.....

Lang & Fasolo can never play for this team again.....ever.

I don't even care that it was Essendon.......I sat there today & didn't utter a word the entire game, just shook my head a lot.

Cripps looked as though he had the weight of the world on his shoulders......Walsh is the only one who appears to look out for him out there. This playing group is done, they look confused, they play confused, the midfield & forward line are so out of sync it's embarrassing to watch....the players, the supporters, no-one cares anymore....I cannot believe we've actually gone backwards from last year, didn't think that were possible, but here we are.

The thing that annoys me most is that we've got some serious talent out there.....we really do, but this bloke (Bolton) just can't tap into it and it's time for him to realise that and do the honourable thing. He's had a decent crack at it, the Club have certainly given him a decent crack at it, but now he has to swallow his pride, put his hand up & say "I've tried, but I've failed". Bolton is a likeable guy, he clearly loves the gig & wants to be successful at it.....and good on him for that, but he now has to take stock of his performance & admit that his time done.....for the sake his reputation and the future of the Club we all love.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #124
Thank you Sandra Sully.

Now back to THE POINT.

Cripps was beaten, he needed help.

Who from the side that was out there has the experience required to stand up and say 'follow me' and cover for him?

Our best bet was a bloke who was famous for having the nickname Humphrey FFS.
Can you see a problem with this picture?
No Simmo.
No Daisy.
No Murphy (opinions aside, he'll at least give the boys a spray and a rev up)
No Jones
No Docherty

No 1031 games of experience available between those 5 players to rally the kids.

Krud, you can’t continue to defend week in week out. Sometimes things are not as rosy as you want to believe they are.

You can make excuses to support any argument. They had 6 of there best 10 players out, are average at best yet we looked awful and never fired a shot. And the players you list excluding Jones and Doc are 3 guys that most like them one week and want them retired the next.

I agree we were too young but where we differ in opinion is we are in year 4 of a full rebuild and if it was done in balance we would have enough depth to allow cover injures to the older blokes which as we know you need to expect. Furthermore the drop in levels week to week is just too drastic. Add that to the fact we have won 3 games in the last season and a half and I understand why so many on here are pessimistic.

Our list build is miles out of balance age wise which as a by product gives us no cover.

We have a list of kids with a handful of older senior players. And the senior blokes we have are only just going too.  Nothing in between.

Reply #125
We lost the game when kreuzer was lining up for goal and thanked it on the full in the second quarter.

Didn't get near scoring for two quarters after this.

Soul destroying stuff.  He was within 30 of goal.

You left out Lang's numerous poor misses.

Reply #126
Our list build is miles out of balance age wise which as a by-product gives us no cover.

We have a list of kids with a handful of older senior players. And the senior blokes we have are only just going too.  Nothing in between.

The club had no choice but trade out players to get into several drafts. They have not been able to trade in quality to replace them. We are missing the older quality players and badly need them.

Reply #127
Krud, you can’t continue to defend week in week out. Sometimes things are not as rosy as you want to believe they are.

You can make excuses to support any argument. They had 6 of there best 10 players out, are average at best yet we looked awful and never fired a shot. And the players you list excluding Jones and Doc are 3 guys that most like them one week and want them retired the next.

I agree we were too young but where we differ in opinion is we are in year 4 of a full rebuild and if it was done in balance we would have enough depth to allow cover injures to the older blokes which as we know you need to expect. Furthermore the drop in levels week to week is just too drastic. Add that to the fact we have won 3 games in the last season and a half and I understand why so many on here are pessimistic.

Our list build is miles out of balance age wise which as a by product gives us no cover.

It's not about defending. It's about looking deeper as to the why.

Remember we sacked ratten in 2012 for missing finals after being favourites in round 4. Performance wise we were very much down on what we expected.

In reality though we had so many injuries and sometimes that's enough to ruin a season... And a career.

So excuse me for looking a bit beyond the 'sack the coach' headline to work out why we might be struggling to maintain some early season form (albeit unlucky form)

Reply #128
Not to mention Lang had 3 shots from almost same position on each occasion & didn't come close with any of them.....at least kick one ya spud, after 2 sighters.....

Lang & Fasolo can never play for this team again.....ever.

I don't even care that it was Essendon.......I sat there today & didn't utter a word the entire game, just shook my head a lot.

Cripps looked as though he had the weight of the world on his shoulders......Walsh is the only one who appears to look out for him out there. This playing group is done, they look confused, they play confused, the midfield & forward line are so out of sync it's embarrassing to watch....the players, the supporters, no-one cares anymore....I cannot believe we've actually gone backwards from last year, didn't think that were possible, but here we are.

The thing that annoys me most is that we've got some serious talent out there.....we really do, but this bloke (Bolton) just can't tap into it and it's time for him to realise that and do the honourable thing. He's had a decent crack at it, the Club have certainly given him a decent crack at it, but now he has to swallow his pride, put his hand up & say "I've tried, but I've failed". Bolton is a likeable guy, he clearly loves the gig & wants to be successful at it.....and good on him for that, but he now has to take stock of his performance & admit that his time done.....for the sake his reputation and the future of the Club we all love.....

Nicely put.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #129
Put simply, the players have stopped believing in what they are being asked to do. Very very hard to be enthusiastic when that happens.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
I'm not a great fan of Bolton BUT he had too many kids out there trying to do men's jobs.

The players looked OK in the rooms and pre game on the ground, quite effective and sharp.

It then quickly disintegrated as if they have zero confidence in what should happen next.  No guidance whatsoever and Bolton can't cover for that with the options hopelessly limited.

Our obsession with youth is costing us badly, and when injuries strike, the shell of the team that's left panic.

Any replacement coach will need even more patience as this is indeed (IMO) a defining point in our history.

We MUST target big bodied experienced players if we're to arrest the balance

Reply #131
I'm not a great fan of Bolton BUT he had too many kids out there trying to do men's jobs.

The players looked OK in the rooms and pre game on the ground, quite effective and sharp.

It then quickly disintegrated as if they have zero confidence in what should happen next.  No guidance whatsoever and Bolton can't cover for that with the options hopelessly limited.

Our obsession with youth is costing us badly, and when injuries strike, the shell of the team that's left panic.

Any replacement coach will need even more patience as this is indeed (IMO) a defining point in our history.

We MUST target big bodied experienced players if we're to arrest the balance

Meh, I don't buy it - Freo - leaders?

Fyfe, Mundy, Walters?, Matera?

Kreuzer - is he fit?

Older blokes we had out there - Special K, Crippa, Newman, Levi, Plow's 24 now?

Sure, maybe 1 or 2 mature mids short but that's shouldn't explain 22 lost blokes?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #132
Didn't suggest that flyboy.  I was (indirectly) pointing the finger at others apart from Bolton.  We fold far too quickly or when we're anywhere near competitive, surrender any advantage. No hard edge whatsoever and what we do is more in hope than any belief

Reply #133
Didn't suggest that flyboy.  I was (indirectly) pointing the finger at others apart from Bolton.  We fold far too quickly or when we're anywhere near competitive, surrender any advantage. No hard edge whatsoever and what we do is more in hope than any belief

oh sure, agreed. But what is the reason so many of the young blokes - and many are 21-22 now - hardly young - throw in the towel.

Why is Crippa at 23 odd the only one that (until recently?) been able to soldier on....?

Why are they so frequently soft as butter - physically and mentally - why?

Yet they can go within a whisker of beating the Pies - why does the hierarchy not bleat in the media about the diabolical free kick disparity, the touched goal (by Elliot) in our game.

The Pies turn it into a major headline.

We say nothing at ALL.

MLG a big part of the cultural void imo.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #134
You left out Lang's numerous poor misses.

That's because lang is an also ran.

Kreuzer is a heart and soul player.

When they make errors it goes through the entire team.

Remember the ire Murphy was copping for his shortcomings?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson