Skip to main content
Topic: JLT game 3 (Read 61025 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT game 3

Reply #300
Thry, DJC and cookie, I would agree. The problem is that perception sometimes becomes 3/5 of reality, so anyone who knows they're not getting games in the seniors, and sees their social media status, would be tempted to put 2 and 2 together, and draw unfavorable conclusions. Perhaps they could post photos tweets etc. of themselves busting their guts at training, or something similar. If they're not working hard, at least look like they are. 

Reply #301
Thry, DJC and cookie, I would agree. The problem is that perception sometimes becomes 3/5 of reality, so anyone who knows they're not getting games in the seniors, and sees their social media status, would be tempted to put 2 and 2 together, and draw unfavorable conclusions. Perhaps they could post photos tweets etc. of themselves busting their guts at training, or something similar. If they're not working hard, at least look like they are.
At least someone gets it. Perception is everything.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #302
At least someone gets it. Perception is everything.

I said the very same thing in another thread and was shouted down, it is completely feasible that you can fake your way to success.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #303

Im with you when you say this.  I battle perceptions frequently at work with regards to what people think we do, vs what we actually do.

The root of that is as follows:

The perception is eventually irrelevant provided the right people know what is going on.

These guys can do whatever they like in the social media scene.  In reality, the AFL is very tight knit, and they all know who is doing what when.

That means our club knows who is doing what too.  Including the most important, the coaching staff.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #304
Im with you when you say this.  I battle perceptions frequently at work with regards to what people think we do, vs what we actually do.

Do you actually KNOW what you are meant to do or do you just think you know what you're doing?

Perhaps your perception is that you know what you're doing when in reality others know and you don't. Your perception is your reality, meanwhile everyone else has a differing perception.

Reply #305
All this perception and reality stuff sounds good in practice, but it didn't save Robinson or Garlett, and both rate far higher as footballers than Jaksch or Graham.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #306
Do you actually KNOW what you are meant to do or do you just think you know what you're doing?

Perhaps your perception is that you know what you're doing when in reality others know and you don't. Your perception is your reality, meanwhile everyone else has a differing perception.

Yes and no.

Sometimes its unclear but so long as I am following instruction its fine.

Either way, parallel my experience at work with Jaksch when I state the following.

I know, what I do at work.

My boss knows what I do at work.

That is the only part of that equation that matters irrespective of everyone else's perception.

Its why players continue getting picked when fans cannot figure out why (I can think of various examples of this across the journey) and it's why when people look like they are performing well, they get dropped.

Think about those things for a bit, and have a think about why a team that is having a hard time finishing the work in the forward line isn't selecting a bloke that has scored more goals this year for the Northern Blues, than our senior team did in round 2 of the JLT series.

I think everyone's perception of what is going there is irrelevant, and Ill defer to the coach.  Or are we going to think that Bolton has no idea how to get the most of his players??

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #307
I think everyone's perception of what is going there is irrelevant, and Ill defer to the coach.

A novel idea Thry ;)

Who would have thought that the coach and match committee could know what they are doing?

I'm sure that blokes like Jaksch, Graham, Jones and Boekhorst know exactly what is expected of them but, for whatever reason, they just can't manage it consistently.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #308
A novel idea Thry ;)

Who would have thought that the coach and match committee could know what they are doing?

I'm sure that blokes like Jaksch, Graham, Jones and Boekhorst know exactly what is expected of them but, for whatever reason, they just can't manage it consistently.
I reckon Jones's problem is different, its similar to Caz in that its btw the ears on game day. He trains the house down from all reports and is much liked by his team mates.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #309
I reckon Jones's problem is different, its similar to Caz in that its btw the ears on game day. He trains the house down from all reports and is much liked by his team mates.

I think Jones work rate exceeds the other and by some margin, his problem is he just doesn't get enough of the footy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #310
I think Jones work rate exceeds the other and by some margin, his problem is he just doesn't get enough of the footy.
His big problem in game 2 was that we couldn't get the ball near him. He showed that he was 'on' with that great leap and mark. But he didn't have a decent opportunity again that day. He even ended up in the ruck when Korchek needed a rest.

I worry about Korchek because his stamina base is so low compared to rucks born to the game. He runs out of gas and requires times on the bench. Guys like Kreuzer may not have the height or the spring, but they don't run out of juice in 10 minutes.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #311
His big problem in game 2 was that we couldn't get the ball near him. He showed that he was 'on' with that great leap and mark. But he didn't have a decent opportunity again that day. He even ended up in the ruck when Korchek needed a rest.

Why is that though?...Is it because he gets lost in traffic or does he work hard find space and get overlooked and/or suffer from poor delivery.

Reply #312
Why is that though?...Is it because he gets lost in traffic or does he work hard find space and get overlooked and/or suffer from poor delivery.

Jones seems to end up next to our other key forward quite often and that has led to some comical mix ups with Casboult.

I think that part of the problem is that our tall forwards don't have running patterns to create space and lose their defender (as Kreuzer did on one occasion against Freo).  I'm not sure whether that's due to a lack of footy nous, the work in progress forward line or a combination.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #313
I've mentioned thus before.  Jones always ran to where Henderson was, clogging Hendersons space with an extra defender.  He just doesn't run to smart places where he can get the ball in space and/or have a chance of scoring.  Basically has no idea of leading patterns etc.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #314
I've mentioned thus before.  Jones always ran to where Henderson was, clogging Hendersons space with an extra defender.  He just doesn't run to smart places where he can get the ball in space and/or have a chance of scoring.  Basically has no idea of leading patterns etc.

Basically has no idea full stop.