Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities) (Read 59768 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities)

Reply #60
TBF the umps crucified us in the first half (Hendo should have had 3 frees)but typically, our boys just dropped their heads and let the Pies walk all over us for a while in that second term. It just seemed like we had a lot more numbers behind the ball last night, huge numbers, and every time we tried to run it out of defence there were no options.

Tell me WTF has this club come to they still haven't learned from their mistakes. WTF are White and Rowe even doing on our list? We are playing the Pies and this is the best we can offer in defence? Not saying they were the worst on the night but we are going NOWHERE with these two.

Two players for mine stand out as having gone backwards this year and they're two players that in all reality should be coming on. Kane Lucas and Jeff Garlett have just become nothing players IMO. Zero presence, zero desperation, they epitomise everything that is wrong with our side. Especially Garlett who I had down as a star by this stage of his career. Extremely disappointing. Lucas delist and Garlett trade back to WA for some steak knives. We almost ould have been better off giving Eddie his 600k and looking to trade Garlett who would have had some currency.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #61
Re Thomas this year seems like a bit of a write off ATM, he's not playing like a 700k player so realistically that's 700k worth of salary cap we've wasted this season.

Geez I saw Everitt's stats but I thought he was quite awful up till three quarter time. Fell asleep at the start of the last  quarter.

You look at Walker, built like Tarzan plays like Jane. JUst get him out of defence he's such an athletic beast, seems wasted back there and not performing anyway.

TBH I don't think it was lack of effort tonight most boys put in, we were just outclassed in a big way the Pies midfield is as good as they come ATM, and we had a lot of outs. There were a few like Lucas and Garlett that really let the team down and when you're outclassed and don't have everyone putting in this is the result.

Still think Hendo is better back in defence.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #62
I'm with you on Everitt.

Thought he looked pretty a average and also took some short steps .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #63
I'm with you on Everitt.

I kind of disagree with both of you. Its funny how after a loss i might see the certain players differently to others, and vice-versa. Nobody is right or wrong, i just think Everitt in his movements can be quite laconic at the best of times, but i don't think he gave up. Getting 12 marks and 23 touches in a game of AFL when you are being obliterated by the opposition is no easy feat. Showed more heart than that overpaid hack that i know refer to as $700k.

Reply #64
I'm with you on Everitt.

Oh my god yes. He really set the tone early where he had a few contests and waited and didnt attack it.

Watch the first quarter and a few times he didnt want to go and didnt...

Him, Lucas both didnt want to take the hit on several occasions.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #65
Perhaps i wasn't paying enough attention, i thought he did ok

Reply #66
At least we showed the previous 2 weeks were the exception rather than the norm. The jury is in and we are fecking terrible.

I left at 3/4 time, I'd well and truly had enough by then. I might get around to watching the last quarter over the weekend to see how Collingwood let us off the hook, that's some hefty % they've missed out on tonight....hope that bites them squarely on the arse at a later date.

Would I be too harsh in saying that Sam Rowe is the worst footballer to ever play at this level?

Would I be too harsh in saying that Daisy embarrassed us and himself tonight?

Would I be too harsh in saying that we are arguably the worst kicking team in the AFL in recent memory?

Would I be too harsh in saying that player-for-player, we have arguably the worst list in the AFL?

Would I be too harsh in saying that Carrazzo's body is done and that he should retire immediately?

Would I be too harsh in saying that we are the least intimidating and physically weakest team in the AFL?

Would I be too harsh in saying that we are a $hit truck of football team in general?

MM was full of praise for Rowe tonight. Just sayin'....

Haven't seen the press conference yet. As usual, it takes the CFC media department 3 months to upload it >:(

But if he praised number 17 (I said I wouldn't mention his name again), then he's gone. Not just as a coach, but as a judge of a footballers ability and his contribution in a game.

17, can't function under pressure because he lacks basic skills. He can't or doesn't want to mark. His handballs when he gets one, don't hit the target. His kicking to position or to a player, is non-existent. He panics when tackled. He gives away, and last night gave away, at least 3-4 free kicks a night, because he tries to compensate for his lack of ability by scragging and pulling jumpers and arms of his opponents, and hasn't got the intelligence to realise that the umpires have woken up to what he is doing.

He's a hack, pure and simple, and not up to AFL standard. But he's in the side at the moment, because we don't according to Mick, have anyone better. If MM can't see that the man just doesn't have it, and really believes that he's a contributor to this team, such as it is a team, then Mick is gone as a coach and a person who has the ability to sum up his cattle in a realistic manner.

Reply #67
Pay more attention next time BA That's just not good enough!! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
My misses knows not much about footy but I told her we let Betts go because we wouldn't pay him 600k but got Thomas over for 700k. I then told her Thomas had hardly played for 2 years and wasn't in form. She nearly fell off her seat. She's wondering how the club could make such an incompetent decision. She knows not too much as I said but there you go from an outsider's perspective.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Best decision I've made in a very long time not to go tonight.

One of my apprentices is a filth supporter.
I said to him tonight, if Collingwood win expect that I shall give you some Mutha farking jobs tomorrow. So it's in your best interest to hope Carlton win.

He's Farked!!

This I like - don't soften up

Reply #71
At least we showed the previous 2 weeks were the exception rather than the norm. The jury is in and we are fecking terrible.

I left at 3/4 time, I'd well and truly had enough by then. I might get around to watching the last quarter over the weekend to see how Collingwood let us off the hook, that's some hefty % they've missed out on tonight....hope that bites them squarely on the arse at a later date.

Would I be too harsh in saying that Sam Rowe is the worst footballer to ever play at this level?

Would I be too harsh in saying that Daisy embarrassed us and himself tonight?

Would I be too harsh in saying that we are arguably the worst kicking team in the AFL in recent memory?

Would I be too harsh in saying that player-for-player, we have arguably the worst list in the AFL?

Would I be too harsh in saying that Carrazzo's body is done and that he should retire immediately?

Would I be too harsh in saying that we are the least intimidating and physically weakest team in the AFL?

Would I be too harsh in saying that we are a $hit truck of football team in general?

MM was full of praise for Rowe tonight. Just sayin'....

Haven't seen the press conference yet. As usual, it takes the CFC media department 3 months to upload it >:(

But if he praised number 17 (I said I wouldn't mention his name again), then he's gone. Not just as a coach, but as a judge of a footballers ability and his contribution in a game.

17, can't function under pressure because he lacks basic skills. He can't or doesn't want to mark. His handballs when he gets one, don't hit the target. His kicking to position or to a player, is non-existent. He panics when tackled. He gives away, and last night gave away, at least 3-4 free kicks a night, because he tries to compensate for his lack of ability by scragging and pulling jumpers and arms of his opponents, and hasn't got the intelligence to realise that the umpires have woken up to what he is doing.

He's a hack, pure and simple, and not up to AFL standard. But he's in the side at the moment, because we don't according to Mick, have anyone better. If MM can't see that the man just doesn't have it, and really believes that he's a contributor to this team, such as it is a team, then Mick is gone as a coach and a person who has the ability to sum up his cattle in a realistic manner.

In fairness to Mick (and I don't really need or want to defend him), but he did concede that Rowe had a 15 minute bad patch....

Reply #72
@Sheik
And what is more, you could tell almost from the first bounce that we were in for an off-night.

I thought we started pretty well.