Skip to main content
Topic: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding) (Read 55113 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #90
And even though they clearly won't be reading this; to the middle-aged couple who sat next to us at the game as 'Unbiased Collingwood supporters' (as they told me pre-game), only to then proceed to barrack for Geelong as if it were their beloved Pies playing......the both of you can go and get fcuked. Pardon the language, but that really annoyed the hell outta me for some reason.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #91
Oh and Big Levi May butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.

Agree.  Needs to get his kicking sorted.  Does that and he would be a complete player

We ve been saying that for 5 years.
FIVE YEARS in the AFL system and he still cant kick !!

Reply #92
And even though they clearly won't be reading this; to the middle-aged couple who sat next to us at the game as 'Unbiased Collingwood supporters' (as they told me pre-game), only to then proceed to barrack for Geelong as if it were their beloved Pies playing......the both of you can go and get fcuked. Pardon the language, but that really annoyed the hell outta me for some reason.

Return the favour Brettie when the filth play the Swans next.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #93
The thread heading is a disgrace - we were not robbed by the Cats - they were always going to win
The cats list have clean superb skills plus heart
We have messy poor skills with occasional heart lapses
Did you watch the game with your eyes shut? The Cats butchered the ball as much as we did. They were off their game a fair bit of the night - which was caused by our intensity.

Reply #94
I am not proud..there has been too many honorable losses since the Ratten era and is continuing and I am sick of it
The list is clearly deficient, not a Premiership list. The Board has to accept and take the decision to allow the football club to make the hard call on alot of players, recruit deep and grow a quality playing list of 28-30 players like Geelong are doing now, rather than patch up with band aid recruits....

Sad you feel that way MF. You say the list is clearly deficient, yet we run a team like Geelong to within a kick, in a game we should've won. Not bad for such a krap team? Yep, definitely a lot of pride from my end.

Reply #95
The thread heading is a disgrace - we were not robbed by the Cats - they were always going to win
Did you watch the game with your eyes shut? The Cats butchered the ball as much as we did. They were off their game a fair bit of the night - which was caused by our intensity.

Totally agree stickman.....said exactly the same thing at 3/4 time. Cats were dog awful at times tonight, but on the flip side, also had patches of brilliance we can only wish for in our lads.

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Dispair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #96
What did Mark Stevens say?

Dismissed the Menzel free kick as "wasn't there", and within minutes of discussing it with Duck, he 'conceded' it was "line ball". Wanker. Went onto say he would grill Malthouse at his presser by asking him why he didn't move Jamison on Tommahawk earlier. Yeah, what courage ::)

It ended up with the tool not asking him that question (some other journo did), but you could hear the dopey git speak to Malthouse by making a statement rather than ask a question. Malthouse just looked at him with arms out stretched and giving him a "you are an idiot" look.

Mark Stevens is a real 'hero'

Reply #97

Totally agree stickman.....said exactly the same thing at 3/4 time. Cats were dog awful at times tonight, but on the flip side, also had patches of brilliance we can only wish for in our lads.

It's damn hard to keep that entire team down for the whole game. Just too many quality players to combat. Having a target up forward like Hawkins is pretty handy.

Gibbs was awesome tonight. Best game I've seen him play TBH.

Reply #98
Proud of the way they played. The misses at goal pisss me off to the point that i CBF. The umpires over compensated for their over interference  last week.   
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #99
Oh and Big Levi may butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.

If only he could kick ............   *looks for praying emoticon*.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #100
Oh and Big Levi may butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.

If only he could kick ............   *looks for praying emoticon*.

Problem is he only has a portion of the attributes needed to make a really good player. If he at least made up for missing attribute, with an over abundance of humility and a strong desire to play for blues, then you'd persist. But if he reckons he's already there I'd let him go.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #101
Nah he has all the attributes.....other than goal kicking. Tell me how many players in the AFL can clunk marks like that? Maybe 2 or 3?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
Nah he has all the attributes.....other than goal kicking. Tell me how many players in the AFL can clunk marks like that? Maybe 2 or 3?

Agree. Casboult has the rare talent of taking big marks in traffic - who else on our list presently or in recent times has that ability? I am sure the club are working on his kicking and we just have to hope he get's better. Remember Travis Cloke is similar in front of goal at times.

Reply #103
I'd be more worried about Hendo than Casboult.......

talk about hero to zero...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #104
I'd be more worried about Hendo than Casboult.......

talk about hero to zero...

Hendo must be injured
He had surgery and an interupted pre season?