Skip to main content
Topic: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding) (Read 55119 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #106
Casboult while  having many good aspects to his game is going to have improve his kicking or be replaced down forward...we cant afford to have a KP forward who misses
so many goals. You must be able to convert to win finals and you only get so many chances to put good teams away before the momentum shifts and they get their turn and as Hawkins showed straight kicking keeps you in games even when you are playing average like Geelong were.

Reply #107
Casboult while  having many good aspects to his game is going to have improve his kicking or be replaced down forward...we cant afford to have a KP forward who misses
so many goals. You must be able to convert to win finals and you only get so many chances to put good teams away before the momentum shifts and they get their turn and as Hawkins showed straight kicking keeps you in games even when you are playing average like Geelong were.

This is my big knock on the guy too. He does everything right but taking a set shot at goal, we already know the result before he's kicked it.

He has to be given another season to rectify that fault otherwise, at the end of 2015, we will have to cut our losses.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #108
Would we get rid of Warnock too for the fact he can't mark?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #109
Oh and Big Levi may butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.

Many on this site berated and ridiculed me for supporting Casboult, so great to read some unrestrained praise for the big man.

At the other end of the spectrum, Brock McLean. It's so hard to watch him running on the spot, handpassing to the opposition and generally farking things up (think selwood). Surely Graham can't be worse??

Reply #110
Didn't someone on here back the cats in by five goals? haha. So many what if's again.

We weren't physically butchered by the pussy's like we have been in the past. I think it was the other way around this time. We're nearly there, just need some more polish and cut out those dumb errors or even halve them will be enough.

The decision to let Betts go and not put Garlett on the trade table is hurting us.

Reply #111

This is my big knock on the guy too. He does everything right but taking a set shot at goal, we already know the result before he's kicked it.

He has to be given another season to rectify that fault otherwise, at the end of 2015, we will have to cut our losses.

Can't imagine it would be too difficult to get a Brereton or Carey or whoever to come in and correct the kid's technique.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #112
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the blatant push-in-the-back that should have been given to Murphy just before the Menzel free?  That was the worst decision of the night, and that is really saying something!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Reply #113
Oh and Big Levi may butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.

Not for mine Brettie.
He works his ring off and gives it everything but his skills are deplorable, worse than Hampson's.
Handballs regularly miss targets, kicks are easily smothered because he lacks awareness and his general kicking skills are beyond bad, there are much better kicks playing suburban football.
Did any Carlton supporter honestly give him better than a 10% chance when he lined up those two set shots from 40 metres?
Waite and Henderson are struggling for form but with them you know they are capable of playing top football, Levi is just close your eyes and pray whenever he gets the ball.
I love his attitude and the way he goes about it, but he'll never make an AFL footballer in my opinion, if we got a half decent trade offer we'd be insane not to take it.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #114
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the blatant push-in-the-back that should have been given to Murphy just before the Menzel free?  That was the worst decision of the night, and that is really saying something!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I thought the one against Yarran was more obvious, running onto the ball and clearly grabbed and retarded from behind with the umpire having a clear view, just a very basic holding the man decision that any junior umpire would pay.
That, and the shocking centre bounce that wasn't recalled, the umpires didn't have a great night.
Having said that we were in a position to win and couldn't, same as last week.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #115

Not for mine Brettie.
He works his ring off and gives it everything but his skills are deplorable, worse than Hampson's.
Handballs regularly miss targets, kicks are easily smothered because he lacks awareness and his general kicking skills are beyond bad, there are much better kicks playing suburban football.
Did any Carlton supporter honestly give him better than a 10% chance when he lined up those two set shots from 40 metres?
Waite and Henderson are struggling for form but with them you know they are capable of playing top football, Levi is just close your eyes and pray whenever he gets the ball.
I love his attitude and the way he goes about it, but he'll never make an AFL footballer in my opinion, if we got a half decent trade offer we'd be insane not to take it.

Levi does a lot of good things, but his goal kicking is an issue - assuming it can be fixed, it needs to happen pronto. If Mick can't get it fixed, and he wants to persist with Levi, then he can only really be played out of the goal square, because kicking from anywhere else is a liability. I love Levi and want him to succeed, but his goal kicking will (and has) cost us games.

Reply #116
I'd love to know how 3 umpires failed to see Lappin... he was wearing fluro green ffs.

Reply #117
lEVI HAS PLAYED 24 SENIOR GAMES IN HIS CAREER - KIVE THE 199CM, 104KG KID A BREAK.....

how long did it take Hawkins to get an act ffs.

Plenty of other out there last night who should be looked at before Levi.....

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #118
Wayne Campbell... Bounce should have been recalled, was an error. Menzel should have been paid a free kick, umpire couldn't see. Runner interference.... no free kick.

Reply #119
Runner interference.... no free kick.

So the umpires got it wrong a couple of weeks ago when they paid a couple of free kicks to Geelong against the Freo runner?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!