Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Ingame) (Read 51580 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Ingame)

Reply #105
Pathetic. We can bemoan all we like about Mick being past it but these blokes have the poorest skills of a side in the AFL bar none.
Skills were ok in the 1st qtr.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #106
We did tackle their necks for a chunk of that quarter.  Though the Toooey throw was arguable. Also Menzel was clobbered high but got nothing.

Which reminds me. I thought the rule was "If a player contributed to the high contact it should be called 'play on' "

So why do they still play the swinging arm up which forces the high contact???

Reply #107
Umpires are completely blind. Free kick count is ridiculous.
No score for the second quarter is just pathetic.
Our tackling in the second quarter is almost non existing. They were 14-3 tackles up half way through the second quarter.
Losing White is going to cost us. Clem is just too green for AFL football. For a whole game almost.
I really cant see how we are going to win. They have 2 key defenders out, no Selwood and we still can't trouble them ??? ::)

Armfield would have been a great in.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #108
Pathetic. We can bemoan all we like about Mick being past it but these blokes have the poorest skills of a side in the AFL bar none.

The house that Mick built. Blokes that were destined for delisting now play major roles in the side. Rowe, Curnow, White, Ellard etc.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #109
West Coast kick 3 goals 7 for the quarter is the only thing still keeping us in the game. If it was 7 goals 3 it would be all over. If our intensity doesn't match our first quarter, I will ask Mick to be sacked.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #110
Did White come into the game under an injury cloud??

According to the fox boys, yes. What that is based on? I hope its more than him simply having his knee strapped. He had it strapped before last week too. So whatever injury cloud he was under, he was under before he was BOG last week.  :-X

Reply #111
I hesitate to call us a "one man side".....but they managed to curb Judd that quarter and that was significant.
He's stuffed at half time btw.
Wonder how many others have given a similar effort

Reply #112
Armfield as a sub would have helped us some. Judd looks like he is trying to carry the squad all over again. Many need to lift to support his efforts.

Reply #113
I don't know what to say really, too many passengers & some players who are past it eg. Carrazzo.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #114
The house that Mick built. Blokes that were destined for delisting now play major roles in the side. Rowe, Curnow, White, Ellard etc.

I'm with you carrrots, they let their hearts rule their heads about Rowe, Curnow should get a job as a fly catcher in the Northern Territory. Only has to stand there with his mouth open, will catch thousands like a Venus Fly trap, Ellard tries hard, but wouldn't get a game in any top side, Whiter tries hard but is too injury prone.

Reply #115

Not sure if you are watching on foxtel, but pre-game there was a 50-50 question posed to 6 people.

Is it the cattle or is it the coach?

4 went for the cattle. The other 2 went for a third option they made up, the club.

Reply #116
Armfield as a sub would have helped us some.

He's just another hack that does some flashy things but also wouldn't get a game in another 17 teams. Should have gone at the end of last year.

Reply #117
Hendo, Jones and Levi statistically have been woeful. Also:

Hit outs 35 to 11
Tackles 47 to 36
Frees 14 to 3
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #118
Just saw half time in the rooms, Murphy standing mute while Judd pumped up the troops, Carrazzo did the same before the game. The poor bugger is just not leadership material, no reflection on his skill, that goal was gold, but he does not inspire, reckon they gave him the job so he would sign long time. Would anyone ever really give Swan the filth captaincy.....
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #119
He's just another hack that does some flashy things but also wouldn't get a game in another 17 teams. Should have gone at the end of last year.

Would Clem have done more for us so far ?