Skip to main content
Topic: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications (Read 66338 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

Reply #150
Does anyone know why WHiley is unavailable

I've heard it is family related.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #152
Judd out....tanking!

Reply #153
17. Sam Rowe    40. Michael Jamison    42. Zach Tuohy
6. Kade Simpson    15. Sam Docherty    1. Andrew Walker
27. Dennis Armfield    9. Patrick Cripps    33. Andrejs Everitt
28. Tom Bell    41. Levi Casboult    46. David Ellard
3. Marc Murphy (C)    14. Liam Jones    23. Lachie Henderson
36. Cameron Wood    4. Bryce Gibbs    44. Andrew Carrazzo
12. Blaine Boekhorst    7. Dylan Buckley    35. Ed Curnow     22. Jason Tutt         

Emergencies    
31. Matthew Dick    32. Nick Graham    18. Kristian Jaksch

Boeky to debut.
Buckley back.
Funky back in as well.

Jaksch as an emergency to possibly replace Jamo who is under a cloud.

Reply #154
How the feck does Curnow hold a place after his first 3 games. FMD.

Reply #155
So let me start by saying I don't want to glamourise war or compare football to it and be disrespectful. But our mobs has its collective back against the wall like never before, I hope they dig deep this Sat and find some "digger" spirit and chalk up a win.
Go Blues

Reply #156
Hope Bucks makes an impression. I think he adds something we desperately lack.

Injuries to key players on both sides. Overseas flight. Might give the most ordinary game of all time a shake.

Blues by 32 (prepare for a hellish week)

Reply #157
How the feck does Curnow hold a place after his first 3 games. FMD.

I had him in my outs.

We have a side with Curnow, Armfield, Ellard, Bell and Tutt.
All honest tryers, but not your most skilled players going around. Certainly not going to win you many games off their own boot.

Add in players who have played a handful of games...
Boekhorst, Buckley and Cripps.

Lucky we are only playing Saints.

Reply #159
Curnow, Armfield, Ellard, Bell and Tutt.    Would any of these guys get a run at Box Hill?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #161
Curnow, Armfield, Ellard, Bell and Tutt.    Would any of these guys get a run at Box Hill?

Tutt might struggle, the others would be walk up starts.

But, back to the side selected to play the Saints.  Jaksch has been one of the few shining lights among our new additions.  If he is fit, he should be in the 22.  If he is going to come into the side for Jamison, Henderson will have to play in defence.

It will be interesting to see how Boekhurst goes.  Hopefully he doesn't frequent this site and won't be under additional pressure to perform.

Buckley's selection is good news.  I know his form hasn't been great but he really has a dip and you can't ask for more.

I'm a little surprised that Jones and Ellard got another run.  Well, I'm not really surprised about Jones; he has to get a few more games to justify the trade.  Who knows, everything may click for him this week and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Finally, Ed Curnow's strength is his ability to run his opponents into the ground.  Don't play him as a half back where he can't use his tank and doesn't provide the run and carry that is necessary in today's footy.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #163
Judd has got back soreness. Would have played if the game was on a Sunday and against Collingwood.

The rest will do him good.

Curnow and Rowe are in the team only because we lack reserves. Curnow, probably because Whiley couldn't go. Rowe, because we lack another big log of wood to replace him.

Reply #164
I'm actually very excited about this game, not only do we get to see Bucks, Blainester and Jaksch in action the game also starts at 11:30AM! Think of Shades and CIMM they'll be tuning in at 830AM! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!