Skip to main content
Topic: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications (Read 66399 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

Reply #195
All this Tanking talk is rubbish.  Come on guys it is Round 3 FFS. 

Do you really want our club to be labelled with this Tanking again?

No chance we are tanking. 

Reply #196
No point taking as there's no priority picks anymore
Anyway, its 1 year since the infamous Round 4 match against the lowly Dees this time last year.
Very much hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

Reply #198
Sweet! We may win be default!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #199
Lose this and it's curtains for this club. Must win game, but I don't have much faith. Here's hoping !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #200
:D
Great story bignic  ;)
Hopefully the young folk get to experience some success before too long.

Thanks mate. An unforgettable experience, although I reckon being there in 1970, probably tops them all!! ;D ;D ;D

Reply #201
There you have it, what a great story. I haven't seen us win a GF live, my greatest triumph is the 99 Prelim.

Have faith mate. We hadn't won one for 21 years before that 68 success, and we did our best to kick ourselves out of it. Nothing has changed in that regard, has it. Also, I reckon Geoff Blethyn who played for Essendon and was the only Full Forward, and possibly player that I have seen playing in glasses, probably should have been paid a mark in the 10 metre square which would have won the game for Essendon. Glad it wasn't, of course!!
It's only been 20 years, this time, so we have a year to go before we start panicking that like my missus, who is a demons supporter, we will never see another flag in our life-time.

Reply #202
All this Tanking talk is rubbish.  Come on guys it is Round 3 FFS. 

Do you really want our club to be labelled with this Tanking again?

No chance we are tanking.

Agree. You would have to be a client of Stephen Dank and taking some of those so called legal drugs, if you think we are tanking.

Reply #203
Just to clarify things... we've had two tremors in the past two days here in Wellington but no way it was 6.4. It was about 6 at the epicentre around Kaikoura which is near the top of the South Island... Wellington is at the bottom of the north island. We live about 10 minutes from the 'cake tin', the name the locals have for Westpac Stadium, and the tremor shook the windows and doors a bit for about 10 seconds and that was it. More a rolling rumble than a violent shaking. Yesterday was similar but for about 4 seconds. Calling what happened today a 'quake' would be like suggesting that Davey Ellard is tall.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #204
Just to clarify things... we've had two tremors in the past two days here in Wellington but no way it was 6.4. It was about 6 at the epicentre around Kaikoura which is near the top of the South Island... Wellington is at the bottom of the north island. We live about 10 minutes from the 'cake tin', the name the locals have for Westpac Stadium, and the tremor shook the windows and doors a bit for about 10 seconds and that was it. More a rolling rumble than a violent shaking. Yesterday was similar but for about 4 seconds. Calling what happened today a 'quake' would be like suggesting that Davey Ellard is tall.

Don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't mind the earth moving for me like that ;) ;) ;) ;) >:D

Reply #205

WTF Baggers you in Wellington now????
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #207
Yes, Mate. Still get to Oz every few weeks on work. Probably be back in Oz late this year or early next year when the project here is finished.

Off to the game tomorrow. Been a surprise packet here in NZ in terms of great weather (not as cold as the summmer in Melbourne this year!!!) and friendly people, as long as you don't take the p1ss out of rugby  :-X

Forecast for tomorrow is 17 and sunny.

Reply #208
@Baggers

Love the South Island!

Have you tried the Whitebait Fritters yet Baggers, mm, mmm!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #209
@Baggers

Love the South Island!

Have you tried the Whitebait Fritters yet Baggers, mm, mmm!  :)

Now Fluffy One, you're a man after my own heart... love whitebait, and yes, at a fabulous seafood place just out of Blenheim, and then again on the Kapiti Coast. I've done a few trips since being here (arrived in December last year) to the South Island and it is truly spectacular. Also did the drive from Wellington to Auckland last month... amazing. Work brought us both here as, sadly, Mrs Baggers step dad is dying so we're spending a year here supporting her mum and the rest of the family through this difficult time. (Mrs Baggers is the Kiwi though she moved to Oz 22 years ago, and always had a job!!!!  ;) ;D