Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns (Read 31107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns

Reply #45
Unfortunately, Watson's non-contribution last time he was promoted may have ended his career with us.

I doubt whether he will make it but I would like to see him get another chance now that we're playing competitive footy.

That was a total team non-contribution though. Hate to have been a forward, you had no hope, especially a young bloke. I took no notice of that game. His previous one he kicked 4.

Reply #46
Final team selections

Interchange: Holman, Ellard, Bell and Menzel

Emergencies: Boekhorst, Jamison and Tutt

Reply #47
Dammit Ellard over Boekhorst.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
It's a buzzkiller of a selection.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
I like Holman in the team, very honest player who is improving and who really needs some senior experience to fast-track him.
Ellard over Boekhorst I dont understand.....the Boaky man has something to offer IMO while Ellard will be a good trier but nothing more....

Reply #52
Final team selections

Interchange: Holman, Ellard, Bell and Menzel

Emergencies: Boekhorst, Jamison and Tutt
I would have dropped Menzel. But what do I know?
I'm glad that Holman got a Guernsey.
Ellard probably deserves a game with his form at VFL level, but I don't see him as the future. I guess we'll also see where he plays: hopefully not in starvation corner. If he is worth a game, then he must play in a role that gives him some chance of doing some good. Earlier in the year he just couldn't get a kick as a small forward.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #53
Hopefully Holman gets at least three games in succession, and that the club have told him this will be the case.

I've supported Ellard's inclusion in the past, but would have much preferred Boekhorst on this occasion.

Reply #54
It's dumb dropping Walks.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #56
My read was Walker is injured too.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #57
I've always liked Walks, and always wished he could've had a few more seasons like 2011.

I hate myself for saying it, but even if he wasn't injured, he shouldn't be playing seniors. He's been terrible this year.

Man I feel lousy typing that.

Reply #58
Id have liked BB as well but Holman and Ellard have been regular NB best players.

BB has had one really good game, if he plays one of two more he'll come in I think.

If this is part of a selection policy based on merit, then I'm all for it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #59
How can they keep leaving Boakhorst out?

I'd love to see how he goes in a team that is playing well - as opposed to a team getting crapped on.

Ellard selection makes less than no sense. Why can't our selectors see what is as plain as the nose on your face - Ellard is a good seconds player - nowhere near an AFL player. This sort of crap has been driving me nuts for years. They select based on VFL form rather than what is in the best interests of the team. They picked Warnock because he played well in the seconds even though nobody needs 2 ruckmen when you've got Casboult in the team.