Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications (Read 35966 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications

Reply #60
Why in the name of Jehova would we need to tank against the Hawks???  Seriously....... ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Why in the name of Jehova would we need to tank against the Hawks???  Seriously....... ::)

Tongue firmly in cheek Cookie  :)

It should have been a good opportunity to put a competitive side on the park while giving some promising young blokes an opportunity to show what they can do.  Recalling Jones isn't paramount to tanking but it does smack of the club trying to sugar coat a list management blunder.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Not sure how Walsh kept his position either TBH.

What didn't you like about his 1/4 of football?

We've been screaming about the treatment Graham got.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #63
What didn't you like about his 1/4 of football?

We've been screaming about the treatment Graham got.

Well, he didn't really get near it TBH. Didn't look likely. I guess we don't really have anything to lose by playing him. I'm more pissed about Everitt getting a game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
I suspect we're tanking; Liam Jones is back  ::)

Backs   43. Simon White   17. Sam Rowe   40. Michael Jamison
Half-backs   13. Chris Yarran   42. Zach Tuohy   7. Dylan Buckley
Centreline   6. Kade Simpson   3. Marc Murphy (C)   15. Sam Docherty
Half-forwards   2. Troy Menzel   28. Tom Bell   22. Jason Tutt
Forwards   41. Levi Casboult   23. Lachie Henderson   33. Andrejs Everitt
Followers   8. Matthew Kreuzer   9. Patrick Cripps   35. Ed Curnow
Interchange   12. Blaine Boekhorst   14. Liam Jones   20. Nick Holman
    34. Brad Walsh       
Emergencies   18. Kristian Jaksch   30. Blaine Johnson   24. Mark Whiley
In: Jones, Boekhorst

Out: Carrazzo (foot), Fields (omitted)

I really can't see how Jones could get a game ahead of Jaksch, but then I couldn't see why we added to him to our list either.

I would have kept Fields in the side ahead of Tutt too.  The latter is an honest trier but he really lacks awareness an dis going to brushed aside by the Hawks.

Agree....Fields would learn more playing Hawthorn than he would in half a season of VFL footy, how Jones gets a game ahead of Jaksch is absurd...so much for form in the NB's
being the criteria for selection.....Boekhorst didnt do enough either to get a game although I dont mind seeing him get another chance to show something vs a team that are going to be physical which will be a test for him. Good to see Walsh retained and hope he gets a good lack at Sam Mitchell close up to see how its done...

Reply #65
Well, he didn't really get near it TBH. Didn't look likely. I guess we don't really have anything to lose by playing him. I'm more pissed about Everitt getting a game.

Well, that's why they are picking him.

I think he may be a better long term prospect than Nick G TBH.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #66
Agree....Fields would learn more playing Hawthorn than he would in half a season of VFL footy, how Jones gets a game ahead of Jaksch is absurd...so much for form in the NB's
being the criteria for selection.....Boekhorst didnt do enough either to get a game although I dont mind seeing him get another chance to show something vs a team that are going to be physical which will be a test for him. Good to see Walsh retained and hope he gets a good lack at Sam Mitchell close up to see how its done...

Jones has more game experience.

Still think they are trying to get the balance right of playing kids but not traumatising them, which is bloody hard with so many kids.

Looks pretty obvious to me Barker is doing everything he can to get them in.

.....and lets face it, compared to the bloke before he's a revolutionary.

Reply #67
Putting KJ in now would unbalance tbe backline a great deal. We already have two tall defenders in Rowe and Jamison. And i see little point to  throw him forward and disrupt his string of consistent footy in the ressies. He will be a very good recruit for the club. He is a young KP  that needs time to develop and fill out. Plenty of opportunities in the future.

Guess jones gets another crack; perhaps there is a view that the hawthorn defence struggles a bit in the air at the moment. Can't see it myself, and the ball will come out of our forward line awfully fast bar heroic efforts from our mob. Something needs to click for him. He seems to have some good attributes but doesnt run the right patterns. He has a chance.

Be good to see Boekhorst again. Another player that is only in his first year but will develop into a good footballer for us. Big jump to the AFL, regardless of the 'maturity' of the player.

Gosh we look weak. What a difference half a season makes.

Reply #68
I meant Jones B4L.  I reckon Jaksch has a future with us.

One would hope so seeing he cost us pick 7.
I saw him play in the VFL a fortnight ago and he had a good game but it's a worry that he can't force his way into such a weak side.
I don't buy the "big blokes take longer" line, the good ones don't.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #69
Tongue firmly in cheek Cookie  :)

It should have been a good opportunity to put a competitive side on the park while giving some promising young blokes an opportunity to show what they can do.  Recalling Jones isn't paramount to tanking but it does smack of the club trying to sugar coat a list management blunder.

OK!  :))

Agree about Jones btw.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
Jones ahead of Jaksch, WTF  :o :o :o ::)

I noticed at JBs recent media conference that one of the journos mentioned Jaksch playing well and wanting to know if he was in line for a call up. JB sarcastically (little of the MM about that one) asked the guy if he'd seen Jaksch play last time. The journo answered that he was going by an article on our website - JB looked like a goose and obviously had no intention of promoting Jaksch. Very disappointing. Ducks and drakes... I thought this scheissen was done and dusted.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71
Come on guys, its obvious we are playing Jones to improve his trade value. Play him as a defender if he is in the side. Give him a chance to be of some use to the side. As a forward he offers very little. As a defender we don't know as we haven't tried him there yet.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #72
Jones ahead of Jaksch, WTF  :o :o :o ::)

I noticed at JBs recent media conference that one of the journos mentioned Jaksch playing well and wanting to know if he was in line for a call up. JB sarcastically (little of the MM about that one) asked the guy if he'd seen Jaksch play last time. The journo answered that he was going by an article on our website - JB looked like a goose and obviously had no intention of promoting Jaksch. Very disappointing. Ducks and drakes... I thought this scheissen was done and dusted.

I think you're seeing something that's not there.

I don't rate your ability to judge a coach either just quietly.

Reply #73
His pathetic defensive efforts over the last two games. Has been atrocious. Should not get a game this week.

That's the way with the 'modern' game plan. Defense is secondary.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think that despite some efforts last week, he has the runs on the board.

I'd be dropping Yazz before Everitt.

Reply #74
That's the way with the 'modern' game plan. Defense is secondary.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think that despite some efforts last week, he has the runs on the board.

I'd be dropping Yazz before Everitt.

I wouldn't be dropping either of them. 

We knew what we were getting with Everitt and most other teams could cover his occasional lack of defensive intensity.  We do need his inside 50s and goal scoring ability.

Yarran was OK against Fremantle - apart from one shocker.  He has been quiet by his standards but perhaps he's playing to instructions.  He is certainly not one of our worst performer.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball