Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Game Commentary (Read 49385 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Game Commentary

Reply #75
We are so inexperienced but FMD how the screw do they get 21-9 free kicks? Seriously?! No I am being quite serious - the CFC needs to stand up ffs and ask for at least a level playing field.

Meanwhile I've not seen Yaz live for a while but if he's not screwing everything he does up on purpose, I'll be absolutely shocked. There is no other explanation - watch him, he intentionally is doing the eff ups on purpose!

Reply #76
Simpson has put everything on his line.  Like bignic, we need 22 of him.

Has been amazing for many years but hasn't been as reliable this year IMO. Probably has another year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
Thank god the game is half over. At least most of the players are trying but the reality is awful. Our skills are just so poor and there is no structure to our team. Just a bunch of limited footballers trying to varying degrees.

Can only think of a few that would get a game at hawthorn.

Maybe try a bit more one on one a d some harder tackling in the second half.

Reply #78
Holman is a shining light.

Cripps has played his heart out.

Curnow has left it on the ground.

Everett has tried.

Kruezer has tried.

Simpson has made mistakes but he has tried.

Murphy has had 21 possies but had bugger all impact.

Yep.

Reply #79
Watching the Fox Footy half time summary, everything we have said here, they are saying, because they can see it, yet you have a coach that can't.

Now what could be worse, is that Barker is seeing and understanding all this, has sent out instructions as to what he wants them to do, and these wonderful players who just LOVE the coach, are not doing a thing for him.

Probably says it all about that mob who will turn up to the cashiers office as usual and have their hand out to get paid.

Reply #80
Meanwhile I've not seen Yaz live for a while but if he's not screwing everything he does up on purpose, I'll be absolutely shocked. There is no other explanation - watch him, he intentionally is doing the eff ups on purpose!

He's doing a Nick Kyrgios! ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #81
I reckon we should be getting beaten by about 30 points.

Yes, they are better. But every single mutha screwing free has gone in their favour.

They will win the flag chaps, make no mistake. The AFL has already determined it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #82
My thoughts exactly - they are in a holding pattern, and have nothing to lose. Nobody is expecting anything of them, so why not just go for it ?
Before the game started they interviewed Whiley - the coach Whiley - he said they were anxious about playing Hawthorn.

What the Actual F uck! What has happened to fake it til you make it?!

Reply #83
I was watching football and have been involved in football at the Club while you were still a spermatozoa in your fathers scrotum, you Richard Cranium.
Obviously still doesn't make you an expert NIC

Reply #84
If only we had some forwards.... And some system to get it there.

Boeky has shown a little I reckon, still look horribly panicky under pressure and and too light but finds neat options at times.

Gees we have some passengers and spuds, still need to cut this list hard.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #85
I reckon we should be getting beaten by about 30 points.

Yes, they are better. But every single mutha screwing free has gone in their favour.

They will win the flag chaps, make no mistake. The AFL has already determined it.
yep pretty much

Reply #86

MickyO, I said exactly the same thing last week at the Freo game. Watched him all night and I said to the people next to me "he's on the take".

It's a terrible accusation, but some of his screw-ups (when your saw them live) were just suspect.

He improved after half time last week when it looked like Freo had control.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #87
We are so inexperienced but FMD how the screw do they get 21-9 free kicks? Seriously?! No I am being quite serious - the CFC needs to stand up ffs and ask for at least a level playing field.

Not to mention;
- the tunnelling in the marking contest
- the 6 meter kicks that are paid marks
- the cribbing the mark
- the non-holding the balls
- the sniping off the ball

That dont get paid against hawthorn.  They play unsociable football, yet that's the free count????

Reply #88

Even if the frees were 50-0 in our favour, the scoreline would hardly read any differently. Whatever we showed in the Port game, seems almost like a dream.

Reply #89
Judd carried us for years and now that he's gone our weaknesses are badly exposed.
Apart from Murphy we have a pedestrian midfield which lacks pace, we have no forwards at all tall or small, we have no outside runners with pace and skill and our one decent key defender is approaching the end and his best days are past.
Of our young players only Cripps looks certain to develop into a 200 game player, Holman and Buckley look likely but they could just as easily go the other way, we have no young key position players and no young ruckman.
It's going to take years and if we take anything from tonight it should be just how much work we have in front of us to match it with the best, let alone beat them.
Umpires are irrelevant to good teams by the way.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.