Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Game Commentary (Read 48749 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Game Commentary

Reply #90
I thought we were bad. Tonight I really don't even know how to describe how bad it really is for us. Umpires are not helping, but we are just %$#@*$.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #91
Even if the frees were 50-0 in our favour, the scoreline would hardly read any differently. Whatever we showed in the Port game, seems almost like a dream.
I'm not delusional I know we wouldn't be close but are you watching live at the ground? 90% of the free kicks to them Have been absolutely inexplicable- absolutely. And they are dirty divers too along with being snipers and corkerers! I will enjoy their downfall when it
Comes arse holes

Reply #92
Judd carried us for years and now that he's gone our weaknesses are badly exposed.
Apart from Murphy we have a pedestrian midfield which lacks pace, we have no forwards at all tall or small, we have no outside runners with pace and skill and our one decent key defender is approaching the end and his best days are past.
Of our young players only Cripps looks certain to develop into a 200 game player, Holman and Buckley look likely but they could just as easily go the other way, we have no young key position players and no young ruckman.
It's going to take years and if we take anything from tonight it should be just how much work we have in front of us to match it with the best, let alone beat them.
Umpires are irrelevant to good teams by the way.

Docherty ?

Reply #93
A fully fit Gibbs, Thomas, carrots, walker, graham and yarran (assuming he's not fit) would help the mid field.  But it still doesn't help up forward - what the f do we do to fix that.   Hendo is doing stuff all, but if he goes, we will have less than nothing up there

Reply #94
Not to mention;
- the tunnelling in the marking contest
- the 6 meter kicks that are paid marks
- the cribbing the mark
- the non-holding the balls
- the sniping off the ball

That dont get paid against hawthorn.  They play unsociable football, yet that's the free count????

The guy who is now in control of the MRP, the Umps and what is allowed in football, used to be the Hawks CEO.

This is the HFL. He oversaw their rise as an football power and sticks his finger in every aspect of the comp.

Flag is theirs.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #95
Our tackle rate and tackle efficiency tonight is back to as bad as it has ever been. I am struggling to find a decent player. Murphy getting the pill often but has no space to really use it properly.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #96
A fully fit Gibbs, Thomas, carrots, walker, graham and yarran (assuming he's not fit) would help the mid field.  But it still doesn't help up forward - what the f do we do to fix that.   Hendo is doing stuff all, but if he goes, we will have less than nothing up there

You'll find that better players allow you to set up differently.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #97
John Barker's job interview is about to begin
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #98
MickyO, I said exactly the same thing last week at the Freo game. Watched him all night and I said to the people next to me "he's on the take".

It's a terrible accusation, but some of his screw-ups (when your saw them live) were just suspect.

He improved after half time last week when it looked like Freo had control.
It's not that he's disinterested he dead set looks the other way when the balls coming. I don't know what the club has done to piss him off but he's making us pay now  :'(

Reply #99
Simpsons tackle - Free Kick -  :D .....to the opposition?  :o

Rioli tackle - *after about the 3rd replay* "He may have got him a bit high in that tackle"

Replay...

21 - 9 free kick count. Guess who is winning.  ::)

Reply #100
Boekhorst and Tutt are very apprehensive about physical contact...Boekhorts is that scared to make a mistake he is kicking the ball 5-10m everytime..
Umpiring is terrible but we are just being bullied all over the ground and have little response to Hawthorns bigger bodies and aggressive style.....I dont think I have seen a Carlton team that have so many light bodies and get pushed off the contest so easy....

Boekhorst copped a cheap shot from Gibson in the guts which hasnt done much for his confidence and Gibson needs some payback...

Cripps, Curnow, Simpson and Murphy are fighting it out but I want to see some other players lift and have a go back at the Hawks....

Bell has been disapointing and needs to get amongst it and Yarran has been diabolical down back and is next to useless in marking duels as he just wont make contact with his player...play him forward ..please....

Reply #101
I'm not delusional I know we wouldn't be close but are you watching live at the ground? 90% of the free kicks to them Have been absolutely inexplicable- absolutely. And they are dirty divers too along with being snipers and corkerers! I will enjoy their downfall when it
Comes arse holes

No I'm not at the ground. The pro Hawks bias is infuriating, but what is more infuriating is our skills, and the two are not related, and an excess of one does not compensate for a paucity of the other.

Reply #102
Comes arse holes
AMEN
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #103
I was watching football and have been involved in football at the Club while you were still a spermatozoa in your fathers scrotum, you Richard Cranium.
Obviously still doesn't make you an expert NIC
Show me a post where I ever claimed to be an expert.

I'm just another punter expressing his opinion.

Mind you, I have formed that opinion having had a tremendous amount to do with footballers and the Club over a very long period.

The beauty of living in a Democracy, rather than living in Iran or Syria or Iraq, is that you actually get to express your opinion, without getting your head literally chopped off.  That's what Carrots did, and I responded.

Carrotts and I have this long standing love affair and every time he has a go at me, I get a stirring in my loins. >:D >:D >:D

I treat this forum as a place to vent my feelings when we put up a performance like tonight. It's far better to do it here than kick the cat or belt the missus. The cat would run away, the missus would hit me much harder than I could hit her. So it's much safer here.

I'm happy to have a reasoned debate with anyone on this forum. We can always agree to disagree.

Reply #104
Boekhorst copped a cheap shot from Gibson in the guts which hasnt done much for his confidence and Gibson needs some payback...

Oh i forgot about Boeky.

"He copped a bit of a backhander did Boekhorst"

Replay...