Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 62164 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #150
Gibbs may not be Joel Selwood but he's not Nick Stevens either.

Stevens was the the biggest skirt to play for Carlton since .....(a player who's name I'd rather not say)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #151

We are 2 games into the rebuild .
I get that but I am frustrated that the more senior and experienced players look more at sea than the young ones (except Murph who has been pretty good both weeks).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152
I get that but I am frustrated that the more senior and experienced players look more at sea than the young ones (except Murph who has been pretty good both weeks).

Give Murphy and Gibbs any 2 of Hannebery, Parker, Cunningham, Mitchell or Jack to help them out and there'd be a big difference.

Not saying Gibbs and Murph can't do more I'm just saying its a numbers game in the mids.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #153
I'm a bit in two minds about Gibbs.

He has that rare ability to do things very easily and look like he has a lot of time...That sometimes gives the impression that he is going half paced.

At the same time I'm struggling to think of times when a match has turned against us and Gibbs has been instrumental in bringing us back into the game.

Reply #154
The tackling across the ground by us was shocking - pretty much every single tackle was walked thru by the swans, it wasn't only Murph.

Agree re Gibbs' talent - it just seemed yday that he wasn't going to kill himself to try and get us over the line unlike Judd who did that every game. Just have to face it that until there are better players around Gibbs, he's not going to step up

Reply #155
Agree re Gibbs' talent - it just seemed yday that he wasn't going to kill himself to try and get us over the line unlike Judd who did that every game. Just have to face it that until there are better players around Gibbs, he's not going to step up

Judd was one of the best footballers of the last 20 or 30 years, there's no comparison between him and Gibbs.
Gibbs went at pick one so we all expected an elite footballer and are disappointed that we didn't get one, he's still a very good player though.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #156
Gibbs would not play at hawthorn or Sydney the way he currently plays.
They have minimum standards of commitment.
Absolute garbage

Gibbs has played under Pagan, Ratten, Malthouse, Barker and now Bolton and to the best of my recollection has never been dropped.
So unless all of those coaches, two of whom were multiple Premiership coaches, are willing to tolerate uncommitted players I think that the perception around Gibbs doesn't reflect the reality.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #157
The problem is not Gibbs,Murph and Cripps it is the layer under them.Graham is not up to it Kerridge may get there and who else is there,Simmo no on baller either is buckly,and at this stage I don't know about wright.Thomas maybe curnow try's he's guts out .but when of Gibbs Murph or. Cripps go of the ball our on ballers are terrible.At the game yesterday Phillips and Kruezer both won there share of hit outs but the question to me is not wether the swans were sparking but if our rucks can hit it to our players.Phillips was head and shoulders above Tippett and the other plodder.The  reason they kicked goals was as soon as the ball was bounced they ran forward knowing there on ballers would get it and kick it forward where our rucks were still in the center fighting for they ball.whichh meant the likes of doc and simo had to mind two men including a ruckman it does not work.So stop blaming the likes of Gibbs Murph And Cripps it's the next tier that let's us down.
Check the stats of Everitt,lamb,Graham,Rowe etc that's the trouble not the top end but the bottom 6 or 7.
Like it or not at least that's my opinion

Reply #158
Gibbs would not play at hawthorn or Sydney the way he currently plays.
They have minimum standards of commitment.
Absolute garbage

I'm thinking if he played at those clubs he'd have found his 2014 form long before. Different club, different culture and he'd play accordingly, which is disappointing.

Reply #159
The problem is not Gibbs,Murph and Cripps it is the layer under them.Graham is not up to it Kerridge may get there and who else is there,Simmo no on baller either is buckly,and at this stage I don't know about wright.Thomas maybe curnow try's he's guts out .but when of Gibbs Murph or. Cripps go of the ball our on ballers are terrible.At the game yesterday Phillips and Kruezer both won there share of hit outs but the question to me is not wether the swans were sparking but if our rucks can hit it to our players.Phillips was head and shoulders above Tippett and the other plodder.The  reason they kicked goals was as soon as the ball was bounced they ran forward knowing there on ballers would get it and kick it forward where our rucks were still in the center fighting for they ball.whichh meant the likes of doc and simo had to mind two men including a ruckman it does not work.So stop blaming the likes of Gibbs Murph And Cripps it's the next tier that let's us down.
Check the stats of Everitt,lamb,Graham,Rowe etc that's the trouble not the top end but the bottom 6 or 7.
Like it or not at least that's my opinion

That's how I see it.

Although Gibbs has been fumbling a lot and it's starting to crap me.

Reply #160
Seens like Gibbs is getting a whack and Murphy a bit of a pass.

They were both as bad as each other. Everything they touched turned to poop basically.

And Cripps couldn't get near it. And everyone else had pretty down games.

BB was good despit corky which was really encouraging. Hope he doesn't miss next week.

Hope for a swift turnaround next week from the lot of them.

Was SOSOS emergency?  Dropped out of the VFL match.

Reply #161
Simmo no on baller
So I love Simmo, one of my all time fave CFC players. I saw him on Papley yesterday, a 2 game rookie made a 243 gamer look like a dill on least couple of occasions. I do not accept this in any way shape of form, I expect more from the experienced fellas. We've sacked 2 coaches now on these blokes watch, I'm starting to wonder.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #162

He has that rare ability to do things very easily and look like he has a lot of time...That sometimes gives the impression that he is going half paced.

At the same time I'm struggling to think of times when a match has turned against us and Gibbs has been instrumental in bringing us back into the game.

You've summed up my feelings to Gibbs pretty well their Lods. I wonder how he would be perceived if at a stoppage he was constantly grabbing at his shorts and sucking in some big air a la Judd. He would have to be in the top 2 or 3 most reliable kicks for goal at the club be that a set shot or in play, but he doesn't appear to have the ability to grab the game by the throat. Judd could do that, so could Kouta and Diesel. Cripps looks the next most likely while Gibbs and Murph despite their #1 draft pick status appear destined to never be the complete package.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #163
So I love Simmo, one of my all time fave CFC players. I saw him on Papley yesterday, a 2 game rookie made a 243 gamer look like a dill on least couple of occasions. I do not accept this in any way shape of form, I expect more from the experienced fellas. We've sacked 2 coaches now on these blokes watch, I'm starting to wonder.

I'm a massive Simmo fan, but even after the Richmond game I was starting to think that perhaps time is catching up with him. Making too many unsimmo like mistakes. Hope I'm proven wrong because he has been a warrior for our club during these dark times.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #164

That contrasts heavily that with memories of The Hyphen! ;)
The Force Awakens!