Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 32793 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #105
Gibbs was good in the first half. Cripps better in the second.

Goldy killed us.

Yes, pretty accurate summary.  It's hard to win clearances when you're playing a novice ruckman against the best in the business.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #106
Totally agree - the 'make some noise' announcement and then the recorded cheering - what a stinker. Recorded cheering, really...??? Next they will have someone holding up 'Applause' signs (like a TV recording) so the 'fans' know when to cheer. Worst 'add-on' I have seen at a match ever.

Their banner also caused us a bit of amusement as it was suspended from a couple of helium balloons and attended by only two cheer squad members, reflecting no doubt the size of their membership base? Actually the whole atmosphere there was rather weird and certainly felt very contrived. Certainly not reflective of a team yet to be beaten this year?  ???
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #107
It's a lot harder to see on TV, but we totally lack any forward structure and get sucked up the ground far too easily.
I said this after the Suns game I went to earlier in the season and it doesn't seem to have changed, but it is crazy to see our mids running forward but then not having anyone to kick it to. Instead, they stop, prop, get tackled, often causing a turnover. Bolts, please sort this out !!

Gibbs' stats might look good, but I actually thought he had a stinker, he gets lost in our zone far too easily for my liking. The number of times I saw him running around like a chook with his head cut off trying to work out where he was meant to be might have been laughable if he wasn't a senior player on the team.

Murphy is just a gun, I've noticed this the last couple of weeks, and it stood out even more being at the game, his 2nd or repeat efforts are just amazing, jeez he must be fit !!

I'm really excited in Casey Byrnes development, he was BOG for us this week for me, even eclipsing Docherty who also played quite well.

I was really impressed with a couple of Sumners tackles inside our F50, he was providing some really good pressure. Shame he didn't finish his work off with a few more goals.

Did I read somewhere we took 9 marks inside 50? It was certainly a few, but then why are so many of our guys afraid to go back and take the responsibility for a shot at goal?

Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #108
It was really irritating at the game last night with a Norp dickhead repeating ad nauseum "It took Norf to make a decent footballer out of him" in a very whiney voice - flog!

It took the AFL's money to make a decent football Club out of North Melbourne lol

Oh and that pathetic curtain thing they use as their banner... OMFG!! Is it a footy team running onto the ground, or the cast of the Phantom of the Opera lol.

Reply #109
Gibbs was good in the first half. Cripps better in the second.

Goldy killed us.

I just got tired of watching the tide of blue and white striped bodies surging away from stoppages offering a multitude of options to the clearer! They had a pretty handy quartet in Swallow, Zeibell, Dal Santo and Cunnington at work.  :(

Reply #110
I just got tired of watching the tide of blue and white striped bodies surging away from stoppages offering a multitude of options to the clearer! They had a pretty handy quartet in Swallow, Zeibell, Dal Santo and Cunnington at work.  :(

I guess we now have a verdict in the old Yarran v Rich v Ziebell debate.

Reply #111
Oh and that pathetic curtain thing they use as their banner... OMFG!! Is it a footy team running onto the ground, or the cast of the Phantom of the Opera lol.

No dissimilar to our 'curtain thing' that is still held up by poles and 15 people. (We went from paper to material when Juddy made us go 'green')

Reply #112

Paul you must be psychic! We actually said that at the game.  :))

Reply #113
No dissimilar to our 'curtain thing' that is still held up by poles and 15 people. (We went from paper to material when Juddy made us go 'green')

At least we don't have our own scale model of the Hindenberg to suspend it from.

Reply #114
I think the loss will do us more good than harm,it puts into perspective where we are at as a football team the last thing you want is a lot of honourable losses so the club and supporters start to think we are already there,theses sort of losses will only make the club and coaching stall work harder to bridge the gap.As long as we have the likes of army,jamo,walker,jones,Rowe and a couple of others in our side we will never ever match it with the big boys.
We may beat the bottom half of the ladder but that's where we have been since 95.When Casboult,and down the line somewhere C Curnow ,McKay,Silvagni.are all in our team we may have a forward line and some structure.We really are a key backman short at the moment and a couple of hard nut inside mids,as soon as murph ,Gibbs and Cripps are off we really struggle and our only true ruckman at the moment is kruezer,I have high hopes for Philips as I thought he has got something going for him,let's hope he is not another Kruezer and injury prone.Buckly,Tutt and Graham are another three that will have there papers stamped at the end of there contracts as none of the three are anything special and never will be.They try hard and I love them for that but what top team would any of them get a game with.if you are judging our players judge them on who would make a Hawks or Swans side and that will tell you exactly where they are.
Like it or not at least it's my opinion.

Reply #115
I haven't seen the incident, but I was told Harvey let rip a short arm jab to Gibbs as Gibbs ran past.

How the feck does Gibbs get a fine but the sniper Harvey isn't even investigated?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
I think the loss will do us more good than harm,it puts into perspective where we are at as a football team the last thing you want is a lot of honourable losses so the club and supporters start to think we are already there,theses sort of losses will only make the club and coaching stall work harder to bridge the gap.As long as we have the likes of army,jamo,walker,jones,Rowe and a couple of others in our side we will never ever match it with the big boys.
We may beat the bottom half of the ladder but that's where we have been since 95.When Casboult,and down the line somewhere C Curnow ,McKay,Silvagni.are all in our team we may have a forward line and some structure.We really are a key backman short at the moment and a couple of hard nut inside mids,as soon as murph ,Gibbs and Cripps are off we really struggle and our only true ruckman at the moment is kruezer,I have high hopes for Philips as I thought he has got something going for him,let's hope he is not another Kruezer and injury prone.Buckly,Tutt and Graham are another three that will have there papers stamped at the end of there contracts as none of the three are anything special and never will be.They try hard and I love them for that but what top team would any of them get a game with.if you are judging our players judge them on who would make a Hawks or Swans side and that will tell you exactly where they are.Like it or not at least it's my opinion.

Don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but the bolded bit caught my eye.

Reply #117

Yep Ziebell was the rank outsider but has left the other two way behind and has also progressed as a leader...I guess thats one reason North have progressed having got that selection right...

Reply #118
I haven't seen the incident, but I was told Harvey let rip a short arm jab to Gibbs as Gibbs ran past.

How the feck does Gibbs get a fine but the sniper Harvey isn't even investigated?

Good question but I suspect Gibbs will think it was value for money.

It's good to see our blokes not taking shyte from anyone.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #119
Question from the game - who played on Petrie? Was it Simon White? I forgot to take note of this match-up when I was at the game. I know Plowman started on Brown & got murdered early, but not sure if White played on Petrie or Waite.
Football is life, there is nothing else....