Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 21812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
Dylan Buckley's thumping goal from about 60 out features in the round 22 Top 10 - afl.com

Great performance today young fella.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #61
Am I dreaming, one should someone slap me to wake me up ? We won a game of footy ? Do we run the risk of climbing above Ninthmond on the ladder ? WTF happened ? I have been busy for the last few weeks. Catching nothing but end results and watching little to no football.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #62
Am I dreaming, one should someone slap me to wake me up ? We won a game of footy ? Do we run the risk of climbing above Ninthmond on the ladder ? WTF happened ? I have been busy for the last few weeks. Catching nothing but end results and watching little to no football.

Such a tragedy for SOS, Nthmond play the Swans who are desperate to secure top spot, we play CheatsFC in a nothing game!

But one thing we can hope for next weekend, the Colliwobbles have a chance to put an end to the Dawks dynasty! Hawthorn cannot win from 5th!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
How did you see Daisy's game MO? What role did he appear to play?
The times I noticed Daisy mainly was him missing tackles or not doing anything great at all and I did think 'retire' a few times!

Reply #64
Go Liam Jones!

Gee, we look better with him in the forward in.

He hots contests hard both in the air and on the ground and is a vastly different tall/key forward to that of Casboult, Everitt and Jaksch.

He has a contract for next year and to tell you the truth he may be worth keeping.

Not sure 100% though as I was very disappointed with Casboult again.

Casboult by himself, or Jones by himself won't work so we need a multi-pronged setup for sure.

If nothing else, Jones provides a regular contest and target to kick to. Plenty he still needs to do but he has no doubt improved, and quite a bit IMHO!

Will be interesting if we are going to be able to snare other talls such as GWS players Tomlinson, Marchbank and Stewart. Word we are keen on another of their rucks in Tom Downie.

Pick 4 has now just become pick 5.

I'm ok with that. Nothing like winning.

Hoping we belt the Bombers next week too and make it 8 wins for the year, which would be a massive win IMO!

BTW, Cuningham looks a player.

And, wouldn't mind seeing Harry McKay play this week. How to fit him in, not sure, especially if Jack Silvagni is right to come back in. He would come in for Everitt.

Reply #65
The times I noticed Daisy mainly was him missing tackles or not doing anything great at all and I did think 'retire' a few times!
He seems all at sea ATM, running around in a "nothing" capacity. Strange really, the time is nigh me thinks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
Harry for Everitt a must.

At least you know with the former, he'll give 100% every minute of the match and chase hard. As for Andrejs, best not said....not really giving us much.

I don't think Casboult was poor yesterday, he just couldn't get his hands on the pill. He and Jones do both need to play but they also need to converge, not diverge!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
He seems all at sea ATM, running around in a "nothing" capacity. Strange really, the time is nigh me thinks.

Agreed, maybe CFC should offer him a coaching gig if he agrees to hang up the boots without a major payout?

He seems a well liked bloke and no dummy relative to 99% of AFL players.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #68
Agreed, maybe CFC should offer him a coaching gig if he agrees to hang up the boots without a major payout?

He seems a well liked bloke and no dummy relative to 99% of AFL players.

Agree. Development Coach?

Reply #69
Agree. Development Coach?
Maybe, doesn't come across as one who wants to stay involved in footy at that level when he retires but you never know.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #70
And on a lighter note, is it just my ears or does Bolts refer to Gibbs as Gibb in his presser ? Not once, but twice.

Reply #71
And on a lighter note, is it just my ears or does Bolts refer to Gibbs as Gibb in his presser ? Not once, but twice.
Yep, heard that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #72
game proved to me that daisy has to do the correct thing and walk away and graham has to be traded and our fwd coach needs to looked out 

Reply #73

Yes, it always seems to be "Crippa and Gibb"  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball