Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Game 2 (Read 46585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Game 2

Reply #150
All those posters saying we have half a team in today and using that as an excuse are absolutely delusional.

I'm not at all critical of the kids. It's our senior players out there today that are simply bloody awful. Their skills are deplorable! Well below local footy standard which is a bloody joke. Missing target from 20 metres more often then they hit them.

I'm no coach but Why the heck do we waste a spot on our list with these players that will never amount to anything!! 
Jones
Thomas
White
Kerridge
Graham
Armfield
Lamb
Smedts
Boekhurst
Buckley
Palmer

That's a fair chunk of the team that played today and an insight into how deep our woes are. 

And why the hell you would draft Parmer over Barlow is beyond me.

Reply #151
I can only think that BB MAY have used this and last game to show players just how far off we are as an AFL force and how much work we have to do? Dispel any possible complacency. If that was the aim then it has been very successful.   ::)

If that was the idea then it was a cr@p one!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #152
Bruce has 7 , how can one player kick almost twice as many as our whole side?

Well let's see. You have s ruckman rucking to strong speedy  mids, who kick it to any number of lead up forwards. Real forwards, who know how to kick straight ^-^
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #153
Well let's see. You have s ruckman rucking to strong speedy  mids, who kick it to any number of lead up forwards. Real forwards, who know how to kick straight ^-^
Quick send that to Bolts & the other coaches they might not have realised that lol sad but true LoveNavy

Reply #154
I keep thinking about how Richo and his cohorts have managed to turn the Saints around and into a highly competitive young outfit in such a short time when we are clearly really struggling.

I can only think that we made such poor recruiting and contractual ballsups that it is just taking us much longer (far too long) to shed the dead wood and progress the rebuild. That should be our new theme song - "Oh the Deadwood Stage is a comin' on over the hill"!

Reply #155
Well that was pretty soul destroying. 

I didn't expect much with the side we had in, but the effort and intensity from the mid tier players is what disappoints me the most. The basic skills on display were horrible. Our tackle pressure was non existent, and we turn the ball over with terrible decisions and awful execution.

I could name names but I won't waste my time - we all know who they are.

Reply #156
Well, I'm glad I follow the Patriots in the NFL. They give great value even though they've been hobbled by the draft and penalties. The only thing I can see that's anything near similar from the Blues is that Bill Belichick and Brendon Bolton have the same initials.

Reply #157
Bruce has 7 , how can one player kick almost twice as many as our whole side?
Same way Adelaides top 4 goal kickers last year outscored our whole list.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #158
I keep thinking about how Richo and his cohorts have managed to turn the Saints around and into a highly competitive young outfit in such a short time when we are clearly really struggling.

I can only think that we made such poor recruiting and contractual ballsups that it is just taking us much longer (far too long) to shed the dead wood and progress the rebuild. That should be our new theme song - "Oh the Deadwood Stage is a comin' on over the hill"!

Keep in mind Richo, Mitchell, Worsfold, Lyon, etc., etc.. were all at Carlton and judged not to be up to our standard.

It turns out our standard was the problem! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
All those posters saying we have half a team in today and using that as an excuse are absolutely delusional.

I'm not at all critical of the kids. It's our senior players out there today that are simply bloody awful. Their skills are deplorable! Well below local footy standard which is a bloody joke. Missing target from 20 metres more often then they hit them.

I'm no coach but Why the heck do we waste a spot on our list with these players that will never amount to anything!! 
Jones
Thomas
White
Kerridge
Graham
Armfield
Lamb
Smedts
Boekhurst
Buckley
Palmer

That's a fair chunk of the team that played today and an insight into how deep our woes are. 

And why the hell you would draft Parmer over Barlow is beyond me.

Thomas has already amounted to something. Ask Collingwood. Absolute star. Dead on the water here though.

Reckon Armfield always has some value and think Buckley offers a bit as maybe Kerridge. As for the other I wouldn't miss them if they didn't play.

Reply #161
Keep in mind Richo, Mitchell, Worsfold, Lyon, etc., etc.. were all at Carlton and judged not to be up to our standard.

It turns out our standard was the problem! :o

We've had some damn good coaches at Carlton just that they were never senior ones here.

Maybe they were happy to escape...lol!!!

Reply #162
Jaksch apparently kicked 4 in the NB's and Sheehan got though the game well.

Jaksch may be happy to stay there rather than try his luck in the senior forward line..lol.

Reply #163
We've had some damn good coaches at Carlton just that they were never senior ones here.

Maybe they were happy to escape...lol!!!

Didn't Richo leave because MM arrived as Senior Coach? He had a good run with Hinkley at Port afterwards.

Reply #164
Didn't Richo leave because MM arrived as Senior Coach? He had a good run with Hinkley at Port afterwards.

Yes, think that's how it went. Pity in hindsight we just didn't make Richo our coach at that point.