Skip to main content
Topic: JLT game 3 (Read 62102 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT game 3

Reply #195
Until the club experiences some success this stuff is never going away!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #196
Does every feckin thread need to turn into a Ratten Malthouse Pagan discussion? FFS move on!!!! >:( >:( >:(

I suspect it will until such time as we go into every game with a genuine chance of coming away with the four points.

I haven't watched the game yet but I am a little perplexed by the doom and gloom generated by losing a practice match.  Freo with Sandilands and Fyfe fit and firing is a serious footy side but, apart from hitouts, the statistics indicate closely matched teams.

I guess it will mean over the top celebrations when we beat Richmond in round one  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #197
Although very disappointed in the last 3 results, it is a point to consider that we are thinking the practise games this year had the same value as previous pre seasons games when there actually was some thing to win? And that this year the club has actually treated them as practise games ?

Reply #198
Although very disappointed in the last 3 results, it is a point to consider that we are thinking the practise games this year had the same value as previous pre seasons games when there actually was some thing to win? And that this year the club has actually treated them as practise games ?

Whichever way you slice it, nobody goes out to lose these games.

We've lost games against 9th, 10th and 16th from last season (we were 14th) and all of those sides are expected to improve....as is Bombers with their new players back who finished 18th.

I quick ascent up the ladder it looks like not.  :(

Reply #199
We still have much work to do on our list IMO before we see significant ladder position improvement, although our performance in R1 may be cause to change that assessment (hopefully).  Looking at our current "senior" players, I would think most of those will have gone and new stars will need to emerge, by whatever means, before we become a really competitive force.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #200
We still have much work to do on our list IMO before we see significant ladder position improvement, although our performance in R1 may be cause to change that assessment (hopefully).  Looking at our current "senior" players, I would think most of those will have gone and new stars will need to emerge, by whatever means, before we become a really competitive force.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong.
Whatever happens in Richmond in R1 we not be a good yard stick. They are as up and down as us.
R2 maybe. ;)

Reply #201
Whatever happens in Richmond in R1 we not be a good yard stick. They are as up and down as us.
R2 maybe. ;)

Tend to agree about Nthmond.

They look like they have an One-In-All-In approach this season. It'll deliver them some big wins but they get some massive upset losses as well. But it'll be good for their fans, they be back to roaring one week and gobbing on coaches the next, it's the Nthmond way! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #202
It looks like we have a footballer in Pickett; good mark for his size, uses the ball well, puts pressure on his opponent and knows where the goals are.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #203
R2 maybe. ;)

Richmond will start clear favourites vs us and would be expected to won by 5 goals plus IMO...I dont rate them at all and think they are rubbish
but with Hardwick under the pump I expect them to be up early in the season while I think we may take a few games to wind up and get going.
Always fancy our chances vs the Tigers though and IMO its a 50/50 games even though most of the public and media wont see it that way...

Reply #204
Until the club experiences some success this stuff is never going away!
All I am saying is lets draw a line in the sand and move on.
54% of the List is BBs
24% is MMs
15% is Rattens
7% in DPs
Majority of the list is BB's, will be swayed even more his way after this year. Thats enough for me to look fwd instead of back and not hijack every thread with same BS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #205
R2 maybe. ;)

OK R2 it is! I will be looking very closely at HOW we compete, especially the senior guys, rather than necessarily the results, although wins would be very nice.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #206
The bold part is right.

I wanted Mick to fix the culture and thought he had enough 'c*nt' about him to force change up and down the hierarchy at the club and enough runs on the board to have the respect required. This was on the back of the rookie coach favourite son who simply didn't have the experience. We were still in "we are carlton f*ck the rest" mode and we needed a culture shock.

I never blamed ratten for the culture.
Denis Pagan however......  >:(

As i said, i was a fan of Ratten. He did wonders from where he got the club. His only issue was inexperience in both coaching/tactics and inexperience in setting up a club for long term success (partially not his problem, but could have helped).

Ratten as our coach now would be better than Ratten as our coach back then.

Well, thank you for clarifying that. I can honestly say I never would have got that impression from reading your posts.

To those who are complaining about the occasional ex-coach dust ups that occur, I can appreciate that this may be a PITA, but please also understand that in terms of recent events, this is an issue which fiercely divides CFC supporters, and arouses strong passions and opinions for good reason.

Perhaps the mods may consider setting up an all encompassing Mick/Ratts thread, in some deep dark corner of the CSC site.  

Reply #207
Perhaps the mods may consider setting up an all encompassing Mick/Ratts thread, in some deep dark corner of the CSC site.

It's actually not been too bad lately...it still encroaches on some threads but for the most part people have moved on

If folks want to discuss it there are multiple threads in the "coaches box" section of the site.

Reply #208
It's actually not been too bad lately...it still encroaches on some threads but for the most part people have moved on

If folks want to discuss it there are multiple threads in the "coaches box" section of the site.

Thanks Lods.

Reply #209
Bolton has set himself a challenge with these comments....although he's probably left himself some wriggle room.
How strongly does he stick to that plan if our forward line doesn't develop over the season.
At what point does individual development give way to the need for team success.
Should Weitering go forward later in the year and be a success it would be difficult to move him back.

Just on this point - we also don't know how many games Bolts has in mind for Weeters to be "totally solidified as a defender". Personally I would think 3 seasons would be ideal. So around 60-70 games. Which by my reckoning means that Weeters should have 2017 and 18 predominantly as a defender. But I guess mileage may vary from player to player.

Weeters and Cripps are the only two A grade / potential A grade players on our list. They are absolutely the last players you want doing the "no more gaps" routine. I wonder if Gibbs career was compromised precisely because of this point.