Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017: Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Casey (Read 24308 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017: Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Casey

Reply #45
3-4 time.

blues by 65.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46
Indeed.
NBs 12 - 12 - 84
Casey 2 - 7 - 19
I find it very surprising, even though Casey have not been really good in the last few weeks. This side was just so good last year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #47
Three qtr time. NBs 12.12.84 ...Casey 2.7.19

Complete effort from the boys.

Blokes putting their hands up for senior selection: Boekhorst, Jones, Jaksch, Buckley, Gus... many honourable mentions.

Le Bois blowing out the cobwebs and got more involved in that qtr. Lamb and Sumner good that qtr. Polson more than handy. Cuningham made a few impressive guest appearances but not ahead of Polson or Boekhorst.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
Just so good to see the NBs playing smart and with authority. And maintaining concentration. Den Den leading well, if he should hang up his senior boots, love to see him Skipper the NBs...

Reply #49
GOALS: Jaksch 4, Sumner 3, Polson 2, Armfield, LeBois, Wilson.

DISPOSALS: Kerridge 20, Boekhorst 18, Armfield 18, Keppel 18, O'Shea 17, Buckley 17, Wilson 16.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
Wow. We look really well drilled. Our pressure is a standout. Kerr marking with class.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
Wow. We look really well drilled. Our pressure is a standout. Kerr marking with class.
It is a bit easier with Casey playing like a rabble, but you can only beat what is put before you.
Jaksch has his 5th goal.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #52
It appears that Casey are putting in a bit more: 2 goals to them this quarter.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #53
For those who couldn't watch the game... a few observations and thoughts:

Final. NBs   14.14.98 Casey 6.7.43

Better players for us (CFC listed):
Boekhorst, Macreadie, Jones, Buckley, Pickett, Sheehan and Polson - these were the blokes going in hard and working hard when the heat was on.

Deserve a mention as solid or better contributors:
Jaksch, Kerr, Phillips, Lamb, Sumner, Cuningham (once the heat went out of the game he did better), Korcheck, Gallucci, Kerridge (his disposal let's him down)

Rusty but hopefully better for the run:
Gorringe and Le Bois.

We relaxed a little in the final term kicking 2.2 to 4 straight.

Love to see Jones get a gig in the firsts... he's a bloody ripper down back.
Pickett looks better further up the field. Faded a little.
Gus is back. Reliable left footer. Hopefully gets a gig before the year is out.
Boekhorst should be BOG, best game I've seen from him.

Reply #54
I saw most of it thanks to LP's link, Baggers covered most of what I saw but Korchek impressed me.
He's still very raw but he times his jump well and knows how to use his body, he's not a real long shot in my opinion.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #55
I saw most of it thanks to LP's link, Baggers covered most of what I saw but Korchek impressed me.
He's still very raw but he times his jump well and knows how to use his body, he's not a real long shot in my opinion.

A mile ahead of Mason Cox.

Reply #56
Northern Blues are a really good team with good depth and will play finals this year.

Reply #58
Northern Blues are a really good team with good depth and will play finals this year.

Hope you're right pinot.
Certainly much improved from last year from the little I've seen.
Much in common with the 1's. More organized, intense, pressure acts, and dare I say it, skilled.
A lot to like.

Thought Sumner, KJ, BB, and Jones were great today. Kerr, Cunners, Sheehan, and Pickett building too.

NB's rise up the ladder was one of my criteria for success this year. Definitely heading in the right direction. Keep it coming.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #59
Trick will be the senior listed fringe dwellers such as KJ, Jones, Buckley etc and whether or not they are as motivated later in the year.

A whole lotta right going on down at the club these days. We now have genuine choice, not all quality but plenty of guys putting their hands up