Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 78071 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #90
I love seeing Grigg in a losing side.

Wish nothing but the best for Jacobs and Kennedy, just not Grigg. >:D

Reply #91
Can someone explain why Waite didn't get a 50m penalty when Riewoldt bumped him as he was lining up his shot for goal in the last quarter?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #92
What an atmosphere....haven't heard an atmosphere like that @ the MCG for many, many, many years. As others have said, possibly the 2nd-best win I've ever witnessed.

If 1999 was the other win, then Essendon have had a significant hand in both of them!!!

Agreed re crowd, from lining up back to Jolimont Station, to the prematch roar, to the 'in match' roars, it was GF atmosphere all over!

Reply #93
I love seeing Grigg in a losing side.

Wish nothing but the best for Jacobs and Kennedy, just not Grigg. >:D

Blokes who just play just for the cash never experience true success, the best of the best are the best because they would do it for free!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
Can someone explain why Waite didn't get a 50m penalty when Riewoldt bumped him as he was lining up his shot for goal in the last quarter?

That was what Waite asked the umpire. They clearly wanted the fairytale to be Richmond into the next round. I'm surprised when they played on (and the umpire called advantage) 20m from goal and the player got nailed in a tackle, that the ball wasn't handed back to them.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #95
Because he was wearing a navy blue jumper with a CFC on it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #96
What an atmosphere....haven't heard an atmosphere like that @ the MCG for many, many, many years. As others have said, possibly the 2nd-best win I've ever witnessed.

If 1999 was the other win, then Essendon have had a significant hand in both of them!!!

Agreed re crowd, from lining up back to Jolimont Station, to the prematch roar, to the 'in match' roars, it was GF atmosphere all over!

They said it was nearly 95,000 the crowd, and the largest crowd Richmond have played in front of since the 1980 Grand Final.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #98
the best thing is the ripple effect of the filth losing
turning on their own and that lunatic shaw.

perfect weekend - just perfect
Rudd - scum - ninethmond all in 24 hours

Reply #100
Gibbs was masssive in that game. 18 contested possessions and 12 clearances.

Belongs in the Midfield.....permenantly

Its not like we haven't been saying that for the past 5-6 years though, maybe he will become the player we always thought he would if he stays there.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #102
Gibbs was masssive in that game. 18 contested possessions and 12 clearances.

Belongs in the Midfield.....permenantly

Its not like we haven't been saying that for the past 5-6 years though, maybe he will become the player we always thought he would if he stays there.

maybe we'll be the team we want to be if we play at least 3 1/2 quarters.

Reply #103
And then there was one.....Essendon = gone, then the Pies = gone, now the Tigers = gone, we're the last of the 'big four' standing.....who would've thunk it a month ago!?

Apart from the Friday night crappola, possibly the most enjoyable weekend of footy I've ever witnessed.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #104
Not sure how much farther we can go, always in with a chance in two horse races and you never know!

But after today regardless of what happens I am sort of satisfied, there is no team left in the finals that I really hate and stamping Nthmond's papers under the guidance of the past Collingwood super-coach after being invited to do so by EFC is just about as good as it gets without winning a flag!

Are we now officially the only team to win a final from 9th position, yet another tick on the Carlton FC honor board? If not, at least Nthmond have the dishonor of being ejected from the finals by the 9th place side!
The Force Awakens!