Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 78499 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #150
Big day, need to watch the replay, but got the Blues at $4.20 to win by 12 points or more. Had a lazy $500 on it.

Reply #151
The "don't deserve to be there" argument never had any legs to it IMO.

No doubt KB will raise it, Gerard still fuels it and the majority of non Carlton supporters believe it.

Yes like most of the tigers supporters who were bitching about us not having a right to be there on Sunday. Just laughed and made the victory all the more sweeter.  :)  :)  :)

Reply #152
I liked MickM's comment that players contribute as they are. I think Bell lacks skills but he is in there trying and adding to balance.

Lot of Luck. You criticize Kreuzer, but he did some decisive ruck work, he competed and with a bit of luck could have pulled down a few.

Menzel is a game turning talent but luck did not present, but he did some nice things. I would not criticize Yarum, I thought he contributed - had circumstances been marginally different, he could have...

Robinson was great despite the clanger.

Duigan performed well but could be the replacement next week. It really is up to MickM and his mates.

As a team, they are to be congratulated.

Next week will be harder. Swans have more uniform talent, and apply unrelenting pressure. It will be Tiger effort plus 20% to knock them off!

Reply #153
Looks like McInnes is struggling in much the same way as he was before being dropped.

To be expected, but I'm not sure MM will look to his normal replacement in Bootsma.

That's the choice and I'm not sure Bootyman is quite up to it yet.

Laidler? Not a serious chance but probably the guy we needed if be could play like a couple of years ago.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #154
The day after the negatives come.

McInnes - WTF Simon White the second! Brain fade central, simply can't play against the Swans. The signs were there vs the scum.

Kreuzer - Ruckwork was OK but other than that a witches hat. Watching him try to chase at the ground you could see he was clearly hampered by a leg injury. His man ran off him quite often when he played in the forward line.

Yarran - Timid, bereft of confidence, very disappointing.

Andrew Walker - OK last quarter but gave away some soft frees and 50m Just don't like him at all on the last line of defence. I was calling for him to be traded in the first half! I say move him forward for sure.

Good post PI2C.....agree with all of that. Leg injury or not, Kreuzer's career has simply stalled & he's as injury prone as any player I've seen in the AFL. I'm concerned......

Yarran clearly picks & chooses when he wants to really crack in & get involved....it's not good enough. I'm concerned.....

I thought McInnes had become the consummate 3rd tall defender, but his last 3 weeks haven't good.....haven't been good at all. I'm concerned.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #155
One of the more interesting moments in the game was the half time walk off.  Robertson REALLY gave Bell a serve, something he richly deserved.  Bell didn't like it and rather than accepting the criticism, stupidly responded.

I suspect more was said in the rooms, but Tom needs to shut up, work on his weaknesses and play with far more awareness of what's around him rather than assuming he has the time on his side when looking for downfield options.

Reply #156
I know I'm nitpicking DTTL....but please, at least spell his name right....Robinson.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #157
I said that Richmond would look like Napolean's army leaving Moscow after Sunday and they were.
McInnes looks like the lack of a pre-season is starting to count against him, and if Maclean is fit, they should play him for McInnes. I think Walker will need to play as the third tall and Yarran will need to play down back as the three amigoes up forward doesn't work consistantly enough.
Casboult will come in only if Kruezer has an injury. I thought MK was critical yesterday in allowing Carlton to dominate the rucks in the 2nd half which helped the likes of Judd, Murphy & Gibbs dominate the mid-field battle. I actually thought he was the strength in the early part of the last quarter that pressed home our third quarter advantage.
Finally, I said on Saturday night that I agreed with Eddie Maguire. I thought it was disgraceful that Carlton would have to play in Sydney and then Perth, before we play Hawthorn in the Grand Final.

Reply #158
After watching the replay didn't see much that I didn't see at the game.  Just a few points that reinforced what I saw.

- At half time thought we had absorbed the worst of it, and they had 3x50m penalties which they converted.  All we needed to do was lift a bit and thank christ we did.
- Umpires got carried away in the moment in the first half - poor decisions both ways.
- Gibbs played the best game I've seen him play.  Another couple like that and he finally he will be the one getting the tag.  As I've said for years "leave him in the frrrkn midfield".
- Judd, never saw it coming thought he would be a liability with his injury but I'm so glad I was wrong. As always great to watch a true champ.  Hope we can get him on the podium in the next 12-24 mths.
- Duigan, I think he can get away with it as a surprise inclusion, but as happened last time (I think against Pies last year(??)) other teams quickly do their homework and tighten up on him.  Looked very slow one on one in the first qtr.
- Bell, yes he has his critics and like Mitch can butcher the ball, but as already mentioned by others the opposition turn their heads when they know his around.  Spend the pre season on skills and he will be an awesome asset. (In saying that a lot need a pre season on skills  ::) ).
- Hendo, I reckon I could turn for this guy, love him in the Navy Blue.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #159
Finally, I said on Saturday night that I agreed with Eddie Maguire. I thought it was disgraceful that Carlton would have to play in Sydney and then Perth, before we play Hawthorn in the Grand Final.
Love your work George  O0
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #160
I know I'm nitpicking DTTL....but please, at least spell his name right....Robinson.

You are .... but point taken.  Didn't preview as I should have. ;D 

Reply #161
Casboult will come in only if Kruezer has an injury. I thought MK was critical yesterday in allowing Carlton to dominate the rucks in the 2nd half which helped the likes of Judd, Murphy & Gibbs dominate the mid-field battle. I actually thought he was the strength in the early part of the last quarter that pressed home our third quarter advantage.

To paraphrase Kerry Packer, 'You only get one Tyrone Vickery in your life, and he's had his'.  :P

Reply #162
The day after the negatives come.

McInnes - WTF Simon White the second! Brain fade central, simply can't play against the Swans. The signs were there vs the scum.

Kreuzer - Ruckwork was OK but other than that a witches hat. Watching him try to chase at the ground you could see he was clearly hampered by a leg injury. His man ran off him quite often when he played in the forward line.

Yarran - Timid, bereft of confidence, very disappointing.

Andrew Walker - OK last quarter but gave away some soft frees and 50m Just don't like him at all on the last line of defence. I was calling for him to be traded in the first half! I say move him forward for sure.

Good post PI2C.....agree with all of that. Leg injury or not, Kreuzer's career has simply stalled & he's as injury prone as any player I've seen in the AFL. I'm concerned......

Yarran clearly picks & chooses when he wants to really crack in & get involved....it's not good enough. I'm concerned.....

I thought McInnes had become the consummate 3rd tall defender, but his last 3 weeks haven't good.....haven't been good at all. I'm concerned.....

There you go PI2C, endorsed by Brettie!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #163
Mav - Kerry Packer had actually two Alan Bonds. Once when he sold Channel Nine and once when he bought it back again. On another point, Alan Bond was another great Richmond Club President. As he said when he over the job, "he had always loved the red and the black".

Reply #164
Loving it, we are still playing while the filth, the dopers, and the tiggers are done and dusted in 2013.

It doesn't get much sweeter.