Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 78506 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #165

The teams that one on the weekend had the dominant rucks.

We pantsed Richmond in the ruck.

Are you sure LR?

Warnock had four more hitouts than Maric.  Warnock kicked one goal to Maric's two. Maric had 16 disposals, took two marks, had six clearances and laid three tackles.  Warnock had six disposals, no marks, no clearances and one tackle.

Kreuzer had 13 more hitouts than Vickery.  However, Vickery kicked two goals, took six marks, had 14 disposals and two clearances.  Kreuzer had four disposals and one clearance.  Kreuzer did stick four tackles, as did Vickery.

Our rucks may have won more hitouts (and far more than usual were directed to our players) but they were ineffectual around the ground.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #166
Not sure we have had a sweeter moment in recent years than Garlett intercepting the ball in the last qtr, hurdling the Richmond player and then being in the clear... pretty sure every Carlton supporter was up on their feet as soon as he got the ball, and he still had about 60 m to run. I had to sit down before he kicked it as i was about to pass out.

We lucky to be in the game at qtr time, unlucky not to be closer at half time, finally we started to get our hands on the ball in the 2nd half and the game started to flow our way.

Absolutely epic day. Swan St was absolutely pumping pre-game. Biggest non-GF crowd i think i've been at, let's face it Richmond are good for football... and they are great for Carlton.

Reply #167
Not sure we have had a sweeter moment in recent years than Garlett intercepting the ball in the last qtr, hurdling the Richmond player and then being in the clear... pretty sure every Carlton supporter was up on their feet as soon as he got the ball, and he still had about 60 m to run. I had to sit down before he kicked it as i was about to pass out.

We lucky to be in the game at qtr time, unlucky not to be closer at half time, finally we started to get our hands on the ball in the 2nd half and the game started to flow our way.

Absolutely epic day. Swan St was absolutely pumping pre-game. Biggest non-GF crowd i think i've been at, let's face it Richmond are good for football... and they are great for Carlton.

"LIKE!"
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #168
A few of our blokes looked fatigued during the warm up, that is a massive sign of nerves. Bell, McInnes, Garlett, Yarran, Kreuzer and Curnow in particular. But they had fitness to run out the game which is a good sign, as long as MM can manage their head space so that they get to the game in the the best possible condition we have a chance.

Walker was crook a couple of weeks back, since then he has looked slow and indecisive. It is amazing what missing one week and playing one poor game can do. It just proves confidence is king! But he proved his football worth, when he wisely held up play a couple of times to ensure we retain the football.

Tuohy was average but did his job, he can only improve.

Betts got some kudos back.

Gibbs proved he should have been playing midfield for the last five years and Judd is a freak!

Duigan might have no skills, he might make the odd bad decisions, be too slow and too old. But I'd have him in our side among the first picked week in and week out, because what we lack he has heaps of and he is exactly what we need.

Someone please tell me how to fix Robbo, he is the proverbial roll of the dice yet when he comes up six once or twice a game he is invaluable.

We had a lot of players not anywhere near at their best, we have heaps of improvement to offer which should be the upside.

This year MMs biggest impact on our club has been on developing some players and showing the club how to win ugly, winning ugly has not been one of our strengths in recent years! At the same time I can see MMs mindset changing, he is learning about what we are good at and starting to make use of it!

Dustin Martin was delivering more than enough wanker out on the field for both sides! Was that handcuff signal a call to the loony farms to come and collect a few more Nthmond fans!

Please tell Jeff Garlett to give up showing opponents the ball, when you get there act like you have been there before!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #169
Nick Duigan quoted in today's Age:

‘‘I just had to try competing. I am not the most gifted footballer going around, I am not lightning quick, I don’t have too any great attributes. I just had to keep working and I got some reward which was great.’’

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-match-report/carlton-duo-full-of-surprises-20130908-2tdyt.html#ixzz2eLwCw89y

Pretty honest appraisal.  It was great to see his hard work rewarded.

Reply #170

Not as Lucky as you guys to be there, but I thought we were home but though 1 more would seal it, just to be safe. From the Lounge room, I saw the pressure of the guys clsoe down Richmond players, Jeffy Pick the Pocket, afterburners and go...The Camera panned up, and I just saw clear space and I was off...out the front door, lap around the garden, high fiving my son.... didn't even see him kick it. Not a huge fan of show boatting, but the slight show fo the ball to the Richmond bloke just before he launched it was awesome...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #171

Dustin Martin was delivering more than enough wanker out on the field for both sides! Was that handcuff signal a call to the loony farms to come and collect a few more Nthmond fans!

I like Dusty as a player, but he is a fair dinkum brain dead moron. Fancy bringing out the handcuff salute in a final. What a farking disgrace to his club... it's not about you Dusty, and it certainly isn't about whatever lowlife scumbag you were sending that message out to.

Reply #172
Best in game moment since Brown's tackle. I haven't seen that man people get on their feet since then.

Reply #173
Best in game moment since Brown's tackle. I haven't seen that man people get on their feet since then.

I'm so glad we had that moment as I was really pumped when Hill did the same thing on Saturday (as a neutral). It was just pure icing!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #174
I like Dusty as a player, but he is a fair dinkum brain dead moron. Fancy bringing out the handcuff salute in a final. What a farking disgrace to his club... it's not about you Dusty, and it certainly isn't about whatever lowlife scumbag you were sending that message out to.

I thought the AFL banned that signal a few years back after the Krakour incident!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #175
Not a huge fan of show boatting, but the slight show fo the ball to the Richmond bloke just before he launched it was awesome...
Might it have been attention to detail rather than showboating?  Wasting time when you're in front is important, and if the Tigers had given up the chase he could have waited until they realised their mistake.  As it was, he could see that they were still coming and sealed the deal.  North doesn't have the composure to consolidate the lead late in the game, and that hurt them badly this year.

Reply #176
I wonder what Vickery said to Walker... (can't remember if it was the third or fourth quarter) Whatever it was, i'm sure he felt like an absolute tool after the match!  ;D Winning is so sweet!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #177

I'm so glad we had that moment as I was really pumped when Hill did the same thing on Saturday (as a neutral). It was just pure icing!

No it is all bullcrap, all it does is give your next opposition some ammo to use the minute you trip up.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, it is so much harder to swallow cold! All Jeffy did was give the ferals a wanker moment to focus on, instead of eating their own like they usually do! It was the on field equivalent of jacket twirling!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #178
I wonder what Vickery said to Walker... (can't remember if it was the third or fourth quarter) Whatever it was, i'm sure he felt like an absolute tool after the match!  ;D Winning is so sweet!

I think they are mates, so I would not read too much into it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #179
Not as Lucky as you guys to be there, but I thought we were home but though 1 more would seal it, just to be safe. From the Lounge room, I saw the pressure of the guys clsoe down Richmond players, Jeffy Pick the Pocket, afterburners and go...The Camera panned up, and I just saw clear space and I was off...out the front door, lap around the garden, high fiving my son.... didn't even see him kick it. Not a huge fan of show boatting, but the slight show fo the ball to the Richmond bloke just before he launched it was awesome...
LOL you two.  I was working and missed the 2nd half but watched it back late last night. When Jeffy did his hurdle and 100m sprint for the sealer, in my euporia I jumped on the couch (Tom Cruise style) and did a celebration dance that fell somewhere between an Irish jig and a seizure :P   At 1am on a Monday morning I'm glad no-one else saw it though the dog looked more than a little bit concerned. 

Gee I wish I could see KB's face this morning. I'm in Tassie so I can't even tune in to hear him getting reamed... ah well, bask in the glow all you Vic blueboys!
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...