Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 38268 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #90
I really liked BBs expression that the win provided 'emotional nourishment'...for all concerned. Perfect description.

How encouraging also was it to see the further development of our younguns. A nice insight into what's to come.

Bravo boys, bravo coaches, bravo CFC.

And to single out just one thing... I'm really starting to warm to Lamb. Nice dash of smart mongrel, keeps his opponent in check... and likes to snag one or two. Yep, warming to Lamb.
I thought he was done Baggers. Wasnt impacting games and seemed slow. Has strung together some good games playing specific roles.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
lamb could well have kicked four....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #92
lamb could well have kicked four....

Yes, Lamb could well just turn into another "find" for the year. He is a lovely straight kick at goal for a start.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #93
To me it looks like Lamb has "bought in" this year. He previously looked like he was on the fringe. I expect the clear objectives and regular coaching feedback helps players know exactly what and how to improve. Jed may well be benefiting from the clear development process, clearly communicated by Bolts and co.

Bolts appears to have set a standard that embraces learning, which by default, challenges without blame and shame. A naturally nourishing environment that supports and optimizes growth. This is far from the egocentric selective environments clubs are reported to harbour over recent times. How refreshing.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #94
Boekhorst is Bower and Lucas combined! Anyone who thought he meant to do that pirouette last week is kidding themselves and probably wanted us to draft Lucas back in the day also. He fell into it by freaking out and trying to trip himself over going around 360 every which way. Bolts is just having a good look at him but unfortunately average athlete and worse footballer.

Charlie and Pickett! Have to somehow keep a lid on Charlie he is slowly becoming the new young  Buddy and the media are drooling over him every match. Some of SPS's kicks in traffic again were amazing.

Most impressive part was when we lost control and the Hawks came back but we steadied and regained control of the game. Super chuffed with the game some of the shining lights late in the season.

Pirouette ?

https://youtu.be/qNcaWi_Py0w

Must be one of those recurring accidents. 

Reply #95
To me it looks like Lamb has "bought in" this year.

I didn't see this game, but I've seen similar in recent weeks. Lamb looks like he wants to be an AFL player, and he is now well aware that you cannot be nice and survive long in the game. He's brought a real edge to his play!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96
I didn't see this game, but I've seen similar in recent weeks. Lamb looks like he wants to be an AFL player, and he is now well aware that you cannot be nice and survive long in the game. He's brought a real edge to his play!

Would you classify Joe Daniher as nice ?

Reply #97
I thought Lamb was cooked but it looks like he was just underdone, excuse the pun.

Reply #98
Gee, you reckon the '87 Premiership blokes wouldn't have been happy watching the game ? ?.....especially one Ian Aitkin !!

The post game coverage from the rooms was great, seemed like there was an amazing atmosphere in there with all the old guys mixing with the current players.  Sounded like the reunion spread over 2 or 3 days !  Good on 'em.  Tommy Alvin, still got the hair !

Even Darcy & Richo seemed to enjoy being in there......wonder if Darcy & Taylor will apologise to Carlton supporters on Talking Footy tonight.

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #99
I thought he was done Baggers. Wasnt impacting games and seemed slow. Has strung together some good games playing specific roles.

Certainly a keeper for the time being.....plenty of others to cull before him.....it's a numbers game and he's certainly pulled himself away from the chop zone, imo, in recent weeks.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #100
Gee, you reckon the '87 Premiership blokes wouldn't have been happy watching the game ? ?.....especially one Ian Aitkin !!

Mal.

That was the year Aitkin won the rising star. Things were really looking up for a while.

Reply #101
Would you classify Joe Daniher as nice ?

Daniher hurts opponents, in the past Lamb looked like his tackling was more like a hug!

Have you noticed the difference in Murphy this season?

We have a bunch of players who look feed up with being the road kill, they are pushing back!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #102
Daniher hurts opponents, in the past Lamb looked like his tackling was more like a hug!

Have you noticed the difference in Murphy this season?

We have a bunch of players who look feed up with being the road kill, they are pushing back!

The best thing about Murphy's recent form is that he's doing it without cover from Cripps and Curnow, he's an outstanding player and Captain who often doesn't get enough credit from supporters.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #103
It's funny how we praise everyone when we win and get stuck into everyone when we lose :o
Hooman Nature ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #104
I thought Lamb was cooked but it looks like he was just underdone, excuse the pun.

:)) :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17