Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 27027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #105
Watched the press conference...WTF was Bolton taking about,  came across as gibberish.   Still attempting to decipher what he said but sounded shocked at the failure to rock up ready to play.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #106
Stocker was ok and I would be keeping him in the team, bad day to play your first game and the pressure/physicality was at a high level from North.
Cheers for that EB
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107
Time for Wallsy to take a training session
Scarecrow
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #108
Little point in going over the game, 7 pages of comments have covered most of the problems.

With our outs we were always going to struggle, but the disorganised nature of our midfield and backline were as bad as they have been for years.  Thomas, Walsh and weitering did pretty well. Cripps battled hard but did feel he lacked a willingness to smash his opponent. Our utterly dismal senior leadership was on full display. Again.

Left at half time as the young fella was getting miserable. The key lesson, as he is a budding under 8 is to resolve to kick off both feet. We saw Walsh, charlie and McKay today wheel around and get caught out on the wrong foot, delaying and then scrubbing the kick. Its shameful how few players can kick off both and an indictment on so much junior coaching.

So a half hour kick to kick in the drive way doing 8 metre kicks on the wrong foot salved things.

Good to hear Jones is going to be OK

Reply #109
Putrid today, very hard to find a positive. We were smashed in every aspect of the game by a side that will finish bottom 4. What irked me most was our inability to tackle. Too many skinny kids with paper arms. Desperately need some senior bodies

Reply #110
I just watched Boltons pressure and Weiters interview. I am even more disgusted after listening to those, WTF does "not mentally prepared mean"? I'd be embarrassed to put that up as an reason. You are a professional football team engaged to play 23 games per year. FARKEN COMING MENTALLY PREPARED IS FARKEN FUNDAMENTAL. IF YOU CANT COME MENTALLY PREPARED, FARK OFF, AND THATS WHETHER YOU ARE CRIPPS OR STOCKER.
I will be writing to the club to voice my disgust at such a lame and pathetic reason to be made public. That is just unforgivable to me, you have just told the football world you are mentally weak. What imbecile does that?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #111
How Murphy gets a game is beyond any rational explanation.

Furthermore, I want Marc investigated if he has been reporting himself as a football player on his tax return. Nothing could be further from the truth and the Tax Office needs to be aware of this gross misrepresentation in the occupation field of his tax form.

Where's PaulP? Surely I'm missing something, so set me straight dude. I'm  guessing it has something to do with the wind blowing in the wrong direction on his way into the stadium today that mucked up his hair, therefore being such a devastating event before the game, Marc can't possibly be expected to play at anything remotely resembling an elite level.

I suppose, elite is bit of a stretch, how about "a" level. We need to crawl before we can walk...

The guy is officially a joke...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #112
That loss today hurt more than any in my memory. This club s trademark - finding ways to inflict more pain on their supporters than any other.

Reply #113
How Murphy gets a game is beyond any rational explanation.

Furthermore, I want Marc investigated if he has been reporting himself as a football player on his tax return. Nothing could be further from the truth and the Tax Office needs to be aware of this gross misrepresentation in the occupation field of his tax form.

Where's PaulP? Surely I'm missing something, so set me straight dude. I'm  guessing it has something to do with the wind blowing in the wrong direction on his way into the stadium today that mucked up his hair, therefore being such a devastating event before the game, Marc can't possibly be expected to play at anything remotely resembling an elite level.

I suppose, elite is bit of a stretch, how about "a" level. We need to crawl before we can walk...

The guy is officially a joke...

Very impressive "post match" report. Just like the other 50 "post match" reports you've posted over the years. It's just cut and paste really - maybe someone should investigate you for postal fraud. No interest in the game whatsoever. Just another excuse to troll Murphy.

It's a shame that the contents of your posts are fictitious, toxic swill, because, at least by footy forum standards, you writing ability is really quite exceptional.

Reply #114
That loss today hurt more than any in my memory. This club s trademark - finding ways to inflict more pain on their supporters than any other.

I don't think today's performance is reflective of our general improvement (as slow as that seems). Right now though it's hard to argue with that jeza. It's a painful result that's for sure.

Interesting to see what the club does next.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #115
I just watched Boltons pressure and Weiters interview. I am even more disgusted after listening to those, WTF does "not mentally prepared mean"? I'd be embarrassed to put that up as an reason. You are a professional football team engaged to play 23 games per year. FARKEN COMING MENTALLY PREPARED IS FARKEN FUNDAMENTAL. IF YOU CANT COME MENTALLY PREPARED, FARK OFF, AND THATS WHETHER YOU ARE CRIPPS OR STOCKER.
I will be writing to the club to voice my disgust at such a lame and pathetic reason to be made public. That is just unforgivable to me, you have just told the football world you are mentally weak. What imbecile does that?

It was either a stuff up, or a way of bringing it front and centre - the media will be onto us about being not switched on, mentally weak, so the players and coaches will have it shoved in their noses all week. Ensures that it won't happen again in the near future.

It could work.

Reply #116
Very impressive "post match" report. Just like the other 50 "post match" reports you've posted over the years. It's just cut and paste really - maybe someone should investigate you for postal fraud. No interest in the game whatsoever. Just another excuse to troll Murphy.

It's a shame that the contents of your posts are fictitious, toxic swill, because, at least by footy forum standards, you writing ability is really quite exceptional.

Thanks Biff. Murph was great wasn't he? I'd  live for you to outline his highlights for all and sundry on CSC for me.

Love your insightful contributions. It's always a pleasure!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #117
Thanks Biff. Murph was great wasn't he? I'd  live for you to outline his highlights for all and sundry on CSC for me.

Love your insightful contributions. It's always a pleasure!

Anytime pagliaccio.

Reply #118
Anytime pagliaccio.

Oh, he's gone all Italian on me! Nice work Paul! A more scything rebuttal you will not read. I feel like a clown for not picking it up earlier, but Paul is multi-lingual people. Good for you Paul...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #119
What a joke some of these posts are.

We've a KPP who played today for 1 kick and 2 handballs from 89% game time! We were under siege in D50, and there are small/medium defenders out there who played 75% of game time and more and hardly touched it!

Also, from the club, I don't want to hear from Weitering after a game in which our team like that. If Cripps is captain he better be fronting the media side-by-side with the coach, not trying to placate us with one of our better players on the day rolling out the MC excuses.
The Force Awakens!